Help! My Fire Og Crop Is Suffering

• Thread starter SiestaM
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G gnome

G gnome

2x4's have become my solution to many issues lately haha. Low surface contact and enough of a raised height to prevent these pest issues. Treated would be even better so it doesn't rot as quick.
Wanna see my latest 2x4 creation? ......

tobh

tobh

Supporter
@G gnome that's a hell of a drying room!

@north knect good point, didn't think about that. Definitely stay away from the pressure treated then.

north knect

north knect

@G gnome that's a hell of a drying room!

@north knect good point, didn't think about that. Definitely stay away from the pressure treated then.
Ya I made a planter for the wifey outa pressure treated wood for some flowers and they didn't do well lol..lasted about 2 weeks after transplant where the ones in plastic pots are still goin strong..lesson learnt lmao

MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

Figure out how to get the pots elevated so they don't have a place to hide. Can make this recipe up as a natural pesticide that will deter them from eating your ladies:

1 garlic clove
1/2 onion
1/4 cup HOT as you can get, chile pepper (anaheim peppers or if you have access to ghost peppers or things of that nature)
1 cup hot (not boiling) water

Put in a blender and make a slush. Pour this slush into a gallon jug and fill with hot water. Let sit 24 hours, strain and put in a spray bottle. Add some kind of sticker/spreader. Spray the ladies down at lights out and they'll find a new place to throw a munch. Might want to consider bombing the house too, as these things are nasty creatures and have been known to cause severe issues to humans. I'm sure others will have recommendations for a spray that doesn't smell so.... offensive, but I know for a fact this stuff works on outdoor plants to deter grasshoppers/leafhoppers/aphids/potatoe beetles/leaf munchers in general from eating my crops of many varieties, not just cannabis.
gangster.. Good advice

T

Tylrr420

Hey @SiestaM, I'm so sorry to tell u bro but u got some sort of aphid. I didn't see anyone else comment on that picture yet. I've had the fuckers once and I was very fortunate to get rid of them. Unfortunately your options are very very slim at this point in week 2 of flower. The tail pipes on the back of that bug are a dead give away that its an aphid. Welcome to the hardest bug you've ever met . These fuckers make regular spider mites look like a walk in the park

H

happy b

View attachment 533773 Now we found these tiny little mite looking creatures !
Any idea about good eradication for earwigs in week 2 of flower?
Any idea what this lil' creature is?
Aloha!
As already mentioned those are aphids.little bastards.the best way to get rid of em in bloom would be to order some natural predators and just let em loose.aphids are clones of each other so if you find something that can kill one it should kill them all but becareful aphids are like russian dolls.all are born pregnant and the one inside that is pregnant and the one inside the one inside is pregnant and so on.they dont lay eggs they shit shit little carbon copies of themselves.one aphid can lead to thousands and thousands in weeks under ideal conditions.which an indoor grow rom is.
you could also try covering your plants in de.oh no your in bloom.i forgot.good luck anyways.aphids are some of the worst pests to have i hear.try and persuade some kids to go collect some ladybugs and youl give em a set amount of $ for so many lady bugs.

SiestaM

SiestaM

Hey @SiestaM, I'm so sorry to tell u bro but u got some sort of aphid. I didn't see anyone else comment on that picture yet. I've had the fuckers once and I was very fortunate to get rid of them. Unfortunately your options are very very slim at this point in week 2 of flower. The tail pipes on the back of that bug are a dead give away that its an aphid. Welcome to the hardest bug you've ever met . These fuckers make regular spider mites look like a walk in the park

Your on point boss! I wish I would've logged in sooner to see the reply bc 1/4 of my crop is effected and I'm thinking throw away.

I did a soil drench last week and it either didn't help this 1/4 of the crop or it was too late.
Next thing is
Should I take out the 1/4, since the others look healthy? Bc that's the plan
Or should I throw away the whole crop and start again?
I'm hoping their consolidated to just the few pots.
I'm three weeks into flower with 6' OG trees, wish me luck.

T

Tylrr420

Problem is aphids are pretty smart. Once u drench the soil the fuckers will run up the stem. U need to be smarter than them. Put Vaseline on the stems about 6 inches up so they get trapped in it, throw anything away that they can hide in like bamboo. Start using caps bennies at full strength. What did u already drench with? If u say azamax I'm sorry but you didn't do shit if u have the slightest infestation. Lady bugs don't do shit on aphids either. U need nematodes. And a lot. Personally I'd chop and start over as a 100% healthy crop is way more rewarding than a 25 % healthy crop

Bull Trout

Bull Trout

Get some Evergreen 60-6 it will kill the root aphids. Apply at 2-5 ml per gallon of drench.

3N1GM4

3N1GM4

Equal parts thyme peppermint clove and rosemary oil will kill them diluted in a sprayer

SiestaM

SiestaM

I used 'Monterey, once a year' one half of them and then 'Bayer advanced' something or other on the other half.
Only 25% is affected by the critters so I'll probably throw those plants away and let the others take up the light.
Problem is aphids are pretty smart. Once u drench the soil the fuckers will run up the stem. U need to be smarter than them. Put Vaseline on the stems about 6 inches up so they get trapped in it, throw anything away that they can hide in like bamboo. Start using caps bennies at full strength. What did u already drench with? If u say azamax I'm sorry but you didn't do shit if u have the slightest infestation. Lady bugs don't do shit on aphids either. U need nematodes. And a lot. Personally I'd chop and start over as a 100% healthy crop is way more rewarding than a 25 % healthy crop

It's the other way around, 75% is healthy.

Latest posts

Top Bottom