Help , Nanners Consistently ..

• Thread starter Bigj84
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CaliRooted

CaliRooted

I would triple check for light leaks, yes I saw u say no light leaks but just check again my friend. It seems and looks like you know what's up plants look good. Imo I would look hard at it being some kind of environmental stress, u seem to have everything pretty dialed in

P

PharmHand

Recently put a uv light in your ac handler by any chance? I’ve seen issues from those. I’ve seen light leaks before that open/shine when you open and close the main door to the building cuz of the pressure change. Grasping at straws here.....Super weird man I wanna say light leak or timer malfunction idk. My friend used to water his dbs in their night cycle with a headlamp daily- not even a green headlamp. No issues. Those old og types are solid. Any new rubber mats, paint, spray foam in the room/building? Did it only start after adding the cmh?

B

Bigj84

100% no light leaks , no uv light in ac ,new timer replaced befor this run , nothing added to the room besides a few cmh bulbs , got friends running the same cmh same cuttings no issues ... has to be enviromental stress , these nanners are poping out at 14-21 days of flower ,

CaliRooted

CaliRooted

Typical time when they show up and again around week 7. I'd really bet this is environmental stress. Something small is being overlooked my guess. Lights on dehumidifier? I put tape over any equipment pieces with light coming from it. Are you at 1000w when you flip or work your way up? I know many people with rooms that are having similar issues, starting to sound like bigger issue the more I hear this kinda stuff

Wee Zard

Wee Zard

Here's a shot in the dark.
Ethane gas can promote nanner production
Ripening fruit and fresh garbage produce Ethane.

I wasted hours torturing a plant to try to force my single Ice Breaker to turn hermie and produce pollen.
Abused 7 generations of cuttings with lighting shenanigans, water stress, colloidal Silver, etc
Finally happened when I let one go for 12 weeks in flower, then put out some over-ripe bananas for the geckos upwind of the stubborn female and bingo, nanners to burn, and viable pollen.

Ethane is colorless and almost odorless, You seem to have eliminated everything else that would affect all your plants, won't hurt to look for Ethane. See what's close to the air intake.

Aloha,
Weeze

greenjoe

greenjoe

I am not a optometrist....so i can not explain why your eyeball takes a long time to adjust to dark.....i said the exact same thing you did when the guy told me to do it....as i was growing some of his product....and my girls started throwing balls(his seeds).....so i told him ,and he says i was the first to say this happened
So he says i probably have a light leak ,i say ...no way i check...and i did ,for like 10 to 15 minutes
He says to stay in the room for a min of 45 min ...i sort of said to myself...right 45 min
Another plant started herming.....so i tried it.....and i did have a leak....end of story.

P

PharmHand

Here's a shot in the dark.
Ethane gas can promote nanner production
Ripening fruit and fresh garbage produce Ethane.

I wasted hours torturing a plant to try to force my single Ice Breaker to turn hermie and produce pollen.
Abused 7 generations of cuttings with lighting shenanigans, water stress, colloidal Silver, etc
Finally happened when I let one go for 12 weeks in flower, then put out some over-ripe bananas for the geckos upwind of the stubborn female and bingo, nanners to burn, and viable pollen.

Ethane is colorless and almost odorless, You seem to have eliminated everything else that would affect all your plants, won't hurt to look for Ethane. See what's close to the air intake.

Aloha,
Weeze
Do you mean ethylene? It’s also produced by ripening fruit but it’s a feminiser rather than promoting masculinity. I was gonna say to dude who posted to try spraying optic switch/shift or dm reverse at day 7 next run. It’s ethephon, synthetic ethylene which helps ensure femininity. See if it helps. It burns the duck outta your plants but it does work and completely harmless/undetectable in the finished bud

B

Bigj84

Ya iv spent 45 min to a hour in the room dark , no light leaks , all fans and dehus are controlled remotely out of the room , not a spec of light in the room , ... had a natural gas leak in another place once and the plants grew terribly , never hermed ... tried optic foliar shift / switch on a few plants last run and it worked , day 17 flower .... just not into spraying stuff to fix a problem i shouldnt have ... Ya im at 1000watts when i flip , always have been never a problem ...

P

PharmHand

What kinda water you using ? Tap, well, ro? Ppm of start water? Live near ag land or recently logged area? What are you powering those 1k HPS with? Old bulbs? New bulbs? Literally only since the addition of the cmh? What kind are the cmh bulbs reflectors? Are the manners evenly distributed throughout room? More near the cmh? More so in any particular spot? Any heaters in the room? Running a burner for co2? Any pilot lights? What medium you in? What u use for bugs/molds? Lot of questions but somethings is up, the more info u provide the better the possibility you’ll get it figured out. Runnin outta suggestions here.

B

Bigj84

What kinda water you using ? Tap, well, ro? Ppm of start water? Live near ag land or recently logged area? What are you powering those 1k HPS with? Old bulbs? New bulbs? Literally only since the addition of the cmh? What kind are the cmh bulbs reflectors? Are the manners evenly distributed throughout room? More near the cmh? More so in any particular spot? Any heaters in the room? Running a burner for co2? Any pilot lights? What medium you in? What u use for bugs/molds? Lot of questions but somethings is up, the more info u provide the better the possibility you’ll get it figured out. Runnin outta suggestions here.
Using tap water , 0ppm start , powering with light engergy 1000watt ( pretty standard) , new bulbs (phillips 1000watt) , not 100% sure if the cmh were in the first time it happend , running dimlux cmh315s, nanners dint seem to be in any particular part of the room ,no heaters in room , bottled co2 , no pilot lights , in coco but was running promix hp befor with the same problem , dont have mold or bugs , use predators for bug prevention and azamax if needed , havnt used aza in a year , ... I think its these brute barrels i was running , wierd for a room to run fine for 2 years , make almost no change and have consistant nanner problems

m8ty

m8ty

i suspect over feeding and too much light, when you over feed you will see the classic tip burn, which is caused by the root hairs burning from over feeding, once the root hairs burn, the plant can't absorb the nutrients and it starts to show the Mag deficiency first as you can see in your pics, this also stresses the plants causing nanners.

Another thing is the change of the lights, maybe there is too much light going on since you have four 315 cmh lamps replacing one lamp? it sounds like you might have doubled your light?

maybe they are stressing with too much light and too many nutrients??

B

Bigj84

i suspect over feeding and too much light, when you over feed you will see the classic tip burn, which is caused by the root hairs burning from over feeding, once the root hairs burn, the plant can't absorb the nutrients and it starts to show the Mag deficiency first as you can see in your pics, this also stresses the plants causing nanners.

Another thing is the change of the lights, maybe there is too much light going on since you have four 315 cmh lamps replacing one lamp? it sounds like you might have doubled your light?

maybe they are stressing with too much light and too many nutrients??
Running 2 315s in replacement of 2 1000watt ...i though maybe over lighting but iv ran this place for 2 years Without issue untill it just started , i dont think overfeeding is the problem , my runoff ppm and ph are very good , and some of the strains this has happend with are heavy feeders , i even backed off on the nutes but then ran into underfeeding deficiencies .. i usualy feed low and ramp up as the plats grow , and the nanners are coming in the first 2-3 weeks of flower when ppms are in the lower stages

SoLowDolo

SoLowDolo

If it started after you added the CMH, and that is the ONLY thing that is different, personally, I would take them out, and try a run without them just to see. If that is really the only variable that changed, then they are causing some kind of issue...

Sometimes, just changing one variable in the equation can cause a chain of events to occur that we would have no way to predict could even happen...

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
one question yet to be asked, what are the lights on temps compared to the lights off nighttime temps?

All a process of elimination, but I would have to lean toward you have had successful runs in this environment and room and you say the only change was the cmh 315,s. Like @SoLowDolo stated try going back in time to using the same setup with out the cmh and see what happens.

Latest posts

Top Bottom