Help Needed! Small leaves and yellowing

• Thread starter Kke
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Madbud

Madbud

I don’t grow in straight coir either but i do slurry tests for ec and ppm in soil if things go south late in veg. Coir runoff will tell if theres a salt buildup. But correct me if i’m wrong cc growers.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Hell, I don’t even grow indoors! But I’ve read enough to glean that treating 100% cocoa like soil is a recipe for failure! I think he just needs to research how to grow in Coco! Blue lab makes their fortune off of cocoa growers! Coco seems to be a lot more hands-on! But it’s done, right yields excellent results!

A

alpha.ganjaguy

I thought 100% Coco was supposed to be watered daily to runoff at least!
I was thinking the same thing reading through the thread..

besides the op feeding at a higher rate than the nute company suggests; "it recommends 40ml in 10litres, I did 500-600ml in 100litres" -- if you fed them 600ml/100l that would be equal to 60ml/10l, 150% of the recommended strength

then if you don't water/feed daily you will have ph fluctuations as your medium drys and you water/feed again..
I also am not a coco grower but have also read enough to see your feeding schedule and strength may be your real issue..

K

Kke

Hell, I don’t even grow indoors! But I’ve read enough to glean that treating 100% cocoa like soil is a recipe for failure! I think he just needs to research how to grow in Coco! Blue lab makes their fortune off of cocoa growers! Coco seems to be a lot more hands-on! But it’s done, right yields excellent results!
Should I be giving just ph neutral water in between feeds then? I’m obviously inexperienced I’ve only done two my previous one was fine that’s the only reason I did the same this time around

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
I wish I could help you out, but I’m just trying to get you pointed in the right direction! Soil and Coco are two different animals and need to be treated as such! From what I’ve read, Coco is closer to Hydro! Some people will water it multiple times a day! And requires monitoring the EC in and out! Probably the PH also. At least to achieve the best results. So you have to do your research. I have read that it’s not even a good idea to mix Coco in with soil.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Hit the search function and type in, how to water Coco for best results. By Aquaman. That might be a good place to start.

K

Kke

Yes he's right, when your going to flush make sure you check the pH of the run off by stages that's how you know most of the salts are gone and your soil is close to neutral again.
Run off was 5.4-5.5 what does this mean

Zerberus

Zerberus

At the end
That's good, idk what's the proper pH for coco coir grows, but in soil it's around 6.0-6.5

So I think you should do a little research on what the runoff should be in coco coir with regular water (without nutes), if your below the pH or around that number then your safe. But I don't have a clue what that number is.

Zerberus

Zerberus

That's good, idk what's the proper pH for coco coir grows, but in soil it's around 6.0-6.5

So I think you should do a little research on what the runoff should be in coco coir with regular water (without nutes), if your below the pH or around that number then your safe. But I don't have a clue what that number is.
Search something like, "Coco Coir water runoff pH" and see what you find.

K

Kke

It says 5.5-6.5, if this is okay should the plants be recovering and not getting worse? I did the flush today so do I just got back into adding nutes next feed but at a much lower level.

Zerberus

Zerberus

It says 5.5-6.5, if this is okay should the plants be recovering and not getting worse? I did the flush today so do I just got back into adding nutes next feed but at a much lower level.
You should be good to add nutes next feed, as long as you give the plants 3 or 4 days to recover from the stress of the burns.

The less nutes you add the better at least that's the case with soil, if I were you I'd do maybe 30% recommended dose, if you see them healthy and recovering, then up the dose to 50%. But just be careful you have to pay lots of attention to the plants at this stage, because that coco coir is neutral so there should be very little nutes in there for them to feed off. So keeping an eye on them every 12 hours is best, if you can't then check on them at least once a day.

Zerberus

Zerberus

Plants still might get a little worse today, remember plants carry nutes up through their stems so the best way to tell if you plant is still intoxicated is to remove the brown parts from the leaves, and check tomorrow to see if there's more burning happening.

Reactions: Kke
Gmix

Gmix

Supporter

Ph In coir Range is 5.5 - 6.2
5.8 being the optimal for veg.
Some will change that in flower to 6-6.2

I skimmed most btw as I am not offering a opinion on what’s wrong

I did notice Chucky saying water every day in coir and he’s bang on

K

Kke

You should be good to add nutes next feed, as long as you give the plants 3 or 4 days to recover from the stress of the burns.

The less nutes you add the better at least that's the case with soil, if I were you I'd do maybe 30% recommended dose, if you see them healthy and recovering, then up the dose to 50%. But just be careful you have to pay lots of attention to the plants at this stage, because that coco coir is neutral so there should be very little nutes in there for them to feed off. So keeping an eye on them every 12 hours is best, if you can't then check on them at least once a day.
I can check on them every 12 so fingers crossed they get better!

Top Bottom