help on identifying deficiency? mag?

• Thread starter kyLman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
kyLman

kyLman

Hi all - me again. Still dealing with this little problem in one of plants in flower. The other two plants in flower seem to be doing fine, but this is finnicky. Can someone help me out? I think its mag?

1. Are you growing from seed or clones? clone
2. How old are your plants? day 16 in flower
3. How tall are your plants? ~24"
4. What size containers are they planted in? 3 gallon
5. What is your soil mix? Black Gold
6. How often do you water and what type of water do you use? tap water, shes thirsty x4 a week usually. gets nutes 2 of those
7. What is the pH of your water? 6.3-6.8 usually
8. What kind of fertilizer do you use and what is its NPK ratio? Fox Farm line + cal mag 5ml/gal
9. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything? The last two weeks I have been... but not before bc i was lazy. yikes
10. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? Mars Hydro 2000, idk actual draw
11. How close are your lights to the plants? 14-18", canopy isnt great atm
12. What size is your grow space in square feet? 3x3
13. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space? avg's 74.5 and 48%
14. What is the pH of the soil? 6.8ish right now
15. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space? no
16. How much experience do you have growing? my tomato plants died last year

Help on identifying deficiency mag
Help on identifying deficiency mag 2
Help on identifying deficiency mag 3
Help on identifying deficiency mag 4
Help on identifying deficiency mag 5
kyLman

kyLman

hmmm other than the rust spotting i havent noticed signs of overwater. Am i making the soil too hot from the over water/feed? I was having trouble feeding 2x per week per the FF schedule so I was pushing water/food down every every 3 days or so.

Am I overwatering from volume or frequency?

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
i’d say so,
do your leaves have more of a droop look than say praying to the light? more often than not?
if you’ve notice your leaves kinda getting droopy or hanging downward after watering instead of praying like, it’s a sign of watering to soon.
you’ll know you nailed your watering by the plant when the leaves don’t droop after watering..
she doesn’t skip a beat!

kyLman

kyLman

i’d say so,
do your leaves have more of a droop look than say praying to the light? more often than not?
if you’ve notice your leaves kinda getting droopy or hanging downward after watering instead of praying like, it’s a sign of watering to soon.
you’ll know you nailed your watering by the plant when the leaves don’t droop after watering..
she doesn’t skip a beat!
that makes alot more sense. I have 3 plants in flower, and all 3 seems to be different state: 1st plant is the pictures above showing rusting, another plant is praying to the light, and then the 3rd plant is droopy. I am going to let the plants get alot more needy before watering. Should I feed water+calmag only for this next watering?

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
that makes alot more sense. I have 3 plants in flower, and all 3 seems to be different state: 1st plant is the pictures above showing rusting, another plant is praying to the light, and then the 3rd plant is droopy. I am going to let the plants get alot more needy before watering. Should I feed water+calmag only for this next watering?
no just keep what your doing when its time to water/feed..
doesn’t look like your burning/over feeding,
just watering too frequently..
you’ll may start to notice now that as the soil starts to get drier the plant looks better/healthier, generally in most cases, as marijuana likes it kinda dry.. in nature gravity is constantly pulling moisture away from the roots which oxygen will take over that spot..
not sure if i’ve said this, but say you knew you should of watered a plant because it was dry but she was praying, so you left it for the night, woke up and she is so sad droopy looking from drying out too long, so you water her, in a few hours she’s all back to normal in less than day, frequently watering will stall growth and create problems that could go on for 2-3 weeks..
if your growing in bags you can always point/put a fan up against the bag the help push oxygen in there and with drier quicker..

kyLman

kyLman

no just keep what your doing when its time to water/feed..
doesn’t look like your burning/over feeding,
just watering too frequently..
you’ll may start to notice now that as the soil starts to get drier the plant looks better/healthier, generally in most cases, as marijuana likes it kinda dry.. in nature gravity is constantly pulling moisture away from the roots which oxygen will take over that spot..
not sure if i’ve said this, but say you knew you should of watered a plant because it was dry but she was praying, so you left it for the night, woke up and she is so sad droopy looking from drying out too long, so you water her, in a few hours she’s all back to normal in less than day, frequently watering will stall growth and create problems that could go on for 2-3 weeks..
if your growing in bags you can always point/put a fan up against the bag the help push oxygen in there and with drier quicker..
thank you for your help. i plan on just going a wee bit longer inbetween water/feed and see how we do.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
you can snip off up to 4-5 leaves off each plant, only if they are in more bad shape than good, as the plant can still feed from them.
but you don’t really want rotting or weak in health leaves on her too long.

kyLman

kyLman

here's what she looked like as the lights kicked on 12 minutes ago.... I wish there was more I could do. I turned both fans on full blast, aimed at the pot containers. Is there anything more that I can do? Am I going to lose the two bad ones?

IMG 4401
IMG 4403
IMG 4404
IMG 4405
IMG 4406
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
kinda wet, theyre drinking and still growing it seems.. stretched another inch or so today.
ok, i haven’t got ready yet or re read your thread either..
so if you haven’t can you list what you feed her or take pictures and how much, ml/gallon.
you could be high in nitrogen with the leaves getting the eagle claw, also caused by overwatering.
i’ll be back in bit, not to long.

RealizedReal000

RealizedReal000

If your in soil you should wait to water until the pots feels pretty light. If you lift the pot and it’s really light it’s time to water.

kyLman

kyLman

ok, i haven’t got ready yet or re read your thread either..
so if you haven’t can you list what you feed her or take pictures and how much, ml/gallon.
you could be high in nitrogen with the leaves getting the eagle claw, also caused by overwatering.
i’ll be back in bit, not to long.

I'm using the above pretty much to a T. I am on "week 7" on this chart, so the third week of flower. Am I going to lose the plant? Can I lower the humidity and add temp to dry the pots out quicker?

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
geez that seems like a lot, you could probably get away with just using the tiger bloom, but it seems to be working as your tips are not burnt.,
i did look over your thread here, and did google a bit. i’m sticking with letting it dry out till you feel it’s dry/light..
you were getting away with watering so much during veg but it was fine but now in flower is where things change for the plant and this is when this issue arose.
like i said before she’ll be sad for a bit and damaged leaves will get worse, your new still needs a few days to really see what is happening, to me all you can is provide a nice environment and wait..
there is people watching this thread and if they feel i’m wrong than they will jump in and correct me..

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
geez that seems like a lot, you could probably get away with just using the tiger bloom, but it seems to be working as your tips are not burnt.,
i did look over your thread here, and did google a bit. i’m sticking with letting it dry out till you feel it’s dry/light..
you were getting away with watering so much during veg but it was fine but now in flower is where things change for the plant and this is when this issue arose.
like i said before she’ll be sad for a bit and damaged leaves will get worse, your new still needs a few days to really see what is happening, to me all you can is provide a nice environment and wait..
there is people watching this thread and if they feel i’m wrong than they will jump in and correct me..
“your new growth”

kyLman

kyLman

i appreciate it. I have to go out of town friday-sunday for a tournament so im getting nervous. Ill provide update thursday/friday morning and see if theres anything i can do. do you suggest i cut grow big out of the equation the next time i do feed?

Top Bottom