Help please! Powdery Mildew!!

• Thread starter Trebla
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Sway

anyone ever use fosphite or the other product for PM from the same company (cant remember the name).. its supposed to be an organic, systemic fungicide spray that completely removes PM and DM from within a plant. i was going to order this product, but has anyone used it? i emailed the company and apparently its legit and works, but want to hear that from a person who doesnt work for the company.

B

blood

I find that powdery mildew is usually introduced to the plants by insects. The plants get infected from open tissue on the leafs. Insect waste, overcrowding, poor air circulation and drought stress don't help either. Whenever you see mites or whiteflies in your garden the PM fungus is soon to follow. It's a bitch :sick0018:

D

DrGoodMeds

Does anyone know how late in to flower I can use Banner Maxx? I just got some and it looks pretty serious. My PM is not out of control but I don't want to treat everything 1x-2x/wk with fungicidal soap that only knocks it back and doesn't eliminate it. Some plants have just completed their 5th week of flower. The last thing I want to do is ruin the taste of my juicy buds or make someone sick from the Banner Max...

Any help is appreciated!:smiley_joint:

J

julsbagell

Premium Member
Supporter
Drgoodmeds I wouldnt use bannermax late in flower not past week three. Use greencure its works great for a temp fix and wont affect taste or smell. I mix one and a half tbs of greencure and a few drops of mild dishsoap.

C

Captain ChroniK

UV light is the best natural cure...
It only works when you treat em immediately after the discovery of mildew tho.

TrailerTrash

TrailerTrash

anyone ever use fosphite or the other product for PM from the same company (cant remember the name).. its supposed to be an organic, systemic fungicide spray that completely removes PM and DM from within a plant. i was going to order this product, but has anyone used it? i emailed the company and apparently its legit and works, but want to hear that from a person who doesnt work for the company.

Ive used agrifos..for downey mildews..like psdophenaspora,humilli and others..but remember...spores.

also I use a good bacteria,midewcide spray like lysol..not on plants..around the area..to kill spores.

heres the page for fosphite info..goodluck..

C

crippled1

At this late into flowering you can't use anything that is systemic or has any residual.
At this point, the best you can hope to do is to spot treat and just try to make it to harvest.
You can use 10% hydrogen peroxide at a rate of 8 tsp per quart.
It will kill on contact and break down to O2 and water leaving no residual.
This will not destroy the hyphae living inside the plant just the fruiting bodies which are the white patches.

K

kgb2

so true!!!!! as soon as i killed the spider mites the next thing i knew i had pm

M

mrdizzle

it was probably said already but serenade works really well. I got PM for the first time ever a couple months ago, i got some clones from a buddy that had it. 6wks later in my flower room I notice some on my plants. the serenade pretty much took it out

matamus

matamus

would greencure be considered a systemic cure for PM and such? I saw that is said you could use it as a preventative measure.

true grit

true grit

Preventative as in foliar application to prevent spore spreading. Systemic would be feed, and i believe its only recommended as foliar.

S

SmokeMan

Just a question..... Does PM ever start on the buds?? Or does it just start on the fan leafs only? I seen pics of it only on the fans. Never buds?

So my question again is...

Does it start on the buds too?? Or spread from fan to bud?

true grit

true grit

I've only seen it go from fan leaf to bud. Its probably there, but what you see are the spores and they generally start as spots on leaves and spread...

Z

zoeronerer

i have seen it start on the frosty small leaves on an almost finished bud.....its systemic so it can pop out wer it wants to ...although usually thats gonna be the leaf.....

20north

it will start like where ever there isnt enough light like shady areas of the plants or places that arnt getting enough airflow even a whole side of a plant could be covered with PM but just on that one side because its easier for the spores to grow on something thats protected

i imagine/Lucy spots of PM all the time only got it because i didnt have a sulfur burner then i used one at like week 2 of flower and i havent had a problem with pm since everything else just seems to hurt the plants all those sprays are sooo damn strong they can like melt the plants in to a puddle

no greencure wouldnt be a systemic cure just a preventative

but there is systemic chemicals you can put in your plants so they dont mold but i only do organic so that might be your cup of tea:anim_19:

Haha i guess you cant be running organic if your vaporizing sulfur huh... heh

S

StickyHerbalist

As a spot cleaner for pm flares between my neem treatments i use brown bottle 3.5% h2o2 hydrogen peroxide its safe safe for plants actually good for them.
doesn't leave any residual chems whatsoever and kills pm gone on contact. And in all but severe cases removes it completley. I dillute it 50% with water n soak as needed with a lil spray bottle. Even the day I harvest if I see the crap anywhere I clean it up with a spray....shits golden for pm...that and a neem regiment for mites keeps pm in check 100% for me. :itwasntme

B

Bobby_604

Meltatox. Only thing you'll ever need. It actually kills PM unlike Sulfur, Green Cure that just supress it.

Have fun finding it.

Top Bottom