Help roots, Coco coir grow 30% perlite

• Thread starter Aypurea
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aypurea

Aypurea

Hey, I’ve started a few plants 4/5 fem in coco, I’n my medium there’s charge also I top with great white every two weeks, my nutrient feed consists of nutralise, mono silic acid, future harvest’s nutrient line also some urb. That’s it atm but I’m having problems sustaining fuzzy white roots. One week they’ll be fuzzy white at the bottom next day they’re brown and not white or fuzzy at all. But they’ll be new white fuzzy roots growing over the old brown ones sometimes 🤷🏽‍♂️. I jus wana know if this is normal or am I doing something wrong also I’ll ph down sometimes with vinegar

Help roots coco coir grow 30 perlite
Help roots coco coir grow 30 perlite 2
Ph 007

Ph 007

I'm new to coco getting better, I get the same problem Im pritty sure it's over watering ,
I get it in veg tent under t5 light I water every day or other day when I pot clone into a small not like 3-4 inch, theb evabatly I get up to a 6inch square pit watering daily and all is good white fuzzy roots like you say, the all the sudden my root go shit like yours, I now before it gets bad when u see the roots go shit at bottom 9f the pot I'll leave dry 1 day and water every other day till look a better. Under a Hps grow light in my flower room I don't get the problem got something to do with the radiant heat I think.

So ovwr watering
And May be temps problem affecting bow they drink .
Leave the coco dry 1-2 days see bow the roots look you can let it drop if you wqnt bot a brilliant idea it want hurt

Ph 007

Ph 007

Also get temps and humidity good and see if that helps as it can affect how the drink

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Its air pruning... looks like they may enjoy a bigger pot or more frequent watering. Its almost impossible to over water coco. Im eating mine 8 times a day.

Never let coco dry....EVER. it's not soil

Aypurea

Aypurea

Also get temps and humidity good and see if that helps as it can affect how the drink
Hey
Replying to both messages, I’m a new a grower 3rd time round now had gd results first two but coming across the same problems. I water ever other day so I skip one then feed till I have run off, but I ain’t too sure if it is an over water problem but we’ll check again tomorrow, those photos were taken today but not of same plants

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Here is root from a male in 1 gal at this stage was being watered 6 times a day. You can see a little air pruning but most are white because I pulled it out of grow bag and the air pruned portions are ripped off.

20201201 134953
Aypurea

Aypurea

Its air pruning... looks like they may enjoy a bigger pot or more frequent watering. Its almost impossible to over water coco. Im eating mine 8 times a day.

Defo needs a bigger pot but that specific one which I took a photo of roots is already flowering. It’s the small one in the middle of new photo

AEFA9758 9DE8 41F2 9FCA 2846F1C5B9C8
Ph 007

Ph 007

I get it under t5 lights, I tried watering more gets worst, but if I put into my flower room I water daily half a litre a day for 2-3 days then I put on auto feed and the do well.

Also when it happens to me I remove the pit to check the root ball and I get the dark sluggy looking roots a higher up in the pot aswell with the add white fuzzy roots, but root development seems shit even after a good 2-3 weeks if inlet dry a bit more between eaterunf roots get fuzzy white again. Maybe I'm doing it wrong I'm still learning they dobt sure on me like the use to lol

Aypurea

Aypurea

Here is root from a male in 1 gal at this stage was being watered 6 times a day. You can see a little air pruning but most are white because I pulled it out of grow bag and the air pruned portions are ripped off.
Looks fire so what stuff do u feed ur plants and what’s in the medium

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Defo needs a bigger pot but that specific one which I took a photo of roots is already flowering. It’s the small one in the middle of new photo
Mine are in 1 gal. I just need to feed more often give me a few to type out how to feed coco for best results. If in small pots your probably gonna want an auto water system.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

This is my thread info on feeding is in there but I will post it all here. Maybe I will do a thread since I see this problem almost daily

Ph 007

Ph 007

Why don't mine look like that lol
what size pot it that,

In my flower room water twice a day in 20 litre pots rhizo stand to run off
I have blue dripperes, pump runs for 3 mins twice a day light on and 2 hours before lights off, I tried 3 times and 4 , but used way to much nutrients, I though about smaller pots and water more, but I'm still learning

Any tweaks you recommend me trying?

Akabudz

Akabudz

Small pots.. Water often (more oxygen) no stale or roots depleted of oxygen.

If auto feeding several times per day I would say lower ec, plants will take water/nutes up quick (if in a small pot)
Dial that in and see explosion 👍

Just about to start my 3rd grow in 13 years,
A lot i forgot about growing is slowly coming back.
I feel at home here in the farm. Slowly getting to know personalities here and it's awsome.. And the main part is the wealth of knowledge here.. Pretty mind blowing.

Aquaman will get you where you need to be I'm sure 👍

Top Bottom