Help. Spotting. 3-4 Weeks Flower

• Thread starter LostInTheTranslation
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

LostInTheTranslation

yep all that sounds good for your next feeding or two, than we change it up but have to follow along to see how they are reacting..
@GNick55 @ComfortablyNumb
yep all that sounds good for your next feeding or two, than we change it up but have to follow along to see how they are reacting..
@Moshmen @ComfortablyNumb @GNick55 so went and checked on the pot weight and ends up I’ll need to water today. So I’m going to do one gram of epsom salt, botanicare cal mag+ (2ml/gallon) 1/4 dose of fox farm big grow (2ml/gallon) with tap water at 69F degrees until 20% runoff. Lights are off in the next five hours so unless y’all say other I’m going to water.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Your main issue is your added Bembe and Fish Sh!t and these make it a living soil. So now the soil is feeding and you are feeding. It's too much.
Eveything you give it is adding to the mess.

Flush the snot out of it and give it light balanced feeds without the Bembe or Fish shit. You don't need most of that stuff.
If you want to feed them, then use ProMix instead of soil. That's what its made for.

L

LostInTheTranslation

Your main issue is your added Bembe and Fish Sh!t and these make it a living soil. So now the soil is feeding and you are feeding. It's too much.
Eveything you give it is adding to the mess.

Flush the snot out of it and give it light balanced feeds without the Bembe or Fish shit. You don't need most of that stuff.
If you want to feed them, then use ProMix instead of soil. That's what its made for.
So should I just water with a gram of epsom salt, 2ml/gallon of cal-mag, and 1/4 dose of fox farm grow big or just epsom salt?

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Why are you adding epson salt?
Cut the cal-mag by half.
Drop the grow big.

Read these:

Basic Watering

Watering SOIL

L

LostInTheTranslation

Why are you adding epson salt?
Cut the cal-mag by half.
Drop the grow big.

Read these:

Basic Watering

Watering SOIL
@Moshmen recommended adding a pinch of epsom salt on my next watering. When you say cut the CalMag in half do you mean use 1ml/gallon? The recommended full dose is 3ml-6ml per gallon in flowering stage

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

@Moshmen recommended adding a pinch of epsom salt on my next watering. When you say cut the CalMag in half do you mean use 1ml/gallon? The recommended full dose is 3ml-6ml per gallon in flowering stage
If it's 3 to 6, then use 1.5 The charts are designed to use up the product as fast as possible so you have to buy more. Those numbers are as high as you can feed without directly killing your plant. Always cut the chart by at least half. Epson salt and cal-mag do almost the same thing. Drop one or the other.

L

LostInTheTranslation

If it's 3 to 6, then use 1.5 The charts are designed to use up the product as fast as possible so you have to buy more. Those numbers are as high as you can feed without directly killing your plant. Always cut the chart by at least half. Epson salt and cal-mag do almost the same thing. Drop one or the other.
@ComfortablyNumb @GNick55 watered 3.5 days ago with about a half gallon of water. The water used was tap water which I added a pinch of epsom salt to and had a ph of 6.5 and a ppm of 130. Did a slurry test yesterday with three samples using ro bottled water with a ph of 6.3 and ppm was 0.

first sample (root zone) - ph 5.3 ppm 850
Second sample - (2inches down from the top of the soil) - ph 5.7 ppm 180
Third sample (straight from the extra happy frog soil I have leftover in the bag) - ph 5.5 ppm 1180

I’m assuming I got a hot bag of Happy Frog since the sample out of the bag was a ph of 5.5. Thoughts?

should I amend the top layer of soil with Dolomite lime? Or should I flush again with 1/4 tiger bloom and cal mag? Checked for bugs and no sign anywhere. Here are few updated photos from today which you can see the damage to the leaves, which started out as spotty light brown, then turned a lighter yellow, and then started to see holes in the leaves where the brown spots wilted/decayed and more yellowing and wilting. Need to water today so any thoughts would helpful. Obviously I have a low ph but not sure how to battle that 3-4 weeks into flowering with little time left.

E0B87793 C399 4D56 91AD 52334790DD5D
B7C8834D 0CD1 4497 883D D88E15CA90D9
BF3B367C 94F6 412A 9057 69B4BCC3302E
9D2CB86D 1EB2 4FE1 A7F3 381A57881AD2
DB18C09C 5D2C 4B4E 9423 D603EF9C6922
0A7AA142 F1CC 4DC5 BCDA 20E83E751035
Last edited:
ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Next time you are ready to water, top dress 2 tablespoons of dolomite lime into each pot. Then water.
Hopefully, this is not a root issue.
Lets have pix of the whole plant and pot.
Put some marbles or something under the pot inside the catch pan. You need air flowing in there.

L

LostInTheTranslation

Next time you are ready to water, top dress 2 tablespoons of dolomite lime into each pot. Then water.
Hopefully, this is not a root issue.
Lets have pix of the whole plant and pot.
Put some marbles or something under the pot inside the catch pan. You need air flowing in there.
75A66E14 61C4 4B65 8E85 E35C2CDF329E

45FBA646 B374 4986 A13E 37365C0E207F
5BDAF437 288C 4C1C B085 CCDFC650C138
3ED470AD 79FA 46D6 8B9A 5167B4E359A4
A335746E 42F6 4409 B356 72735093EF8F
4864B913 EA5D 482C A547 21AC051D07DA
2025E5F3 F129 4730 97BF 475AC4A339CC
ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Yeah, put about 10 1/2 inch holes around the bottom of the pot. You need more drainage.
This looks like a root issue, but hopefully we can correct it before it gets toxic.

L

LostInTheTranslation

Yeah, put about 10 1/2 inch holes around the bottom of the pot. You need more drainage.
This looks like a root issue, but hopefully we can correct it before it gets toxic.
Done. After cutting the holes I could see that the roots are still white but the bottom layer of soil was prob a little too wet.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Done. After cutting the holes I could see that the roots are still white but the bottom layer of soil was prob a little too wet.
Yep. Pots hold water and really they shouldn't. Read these and you will understand why you need proper drainage along with a full inch of airflow under the pot also. There should be holes in the bottom also. Smaller holes, more of them.

Basic Watering

Watering SOIL

Moshmen

Moshmen

Sorry I missed this thread this weekend , CN gotta ya goin - I still feel it’s a mag issue ? May b being locked out ? Or ph? I’m definitely not a happy frog expert, it just is similar symptoms that I’ve had before I do know those leaves will only get worse ! Never heal - need whole plant pics , new growth is what ya want to be lookin at,

L

LostInTheTranslation

Yep. Pots hold water and really they shouldn't. Read these and you will understand why you need proper drainage along with a full inch of airflow under the pot also. There should be holes in the bottom also. Smaller holes, more of them.

Basic Watering

Watering SOIL
I put holes along the bottom edge and the bottom of the pot. Should be good to go on the drainage issue.

L

LostInTheTranslation

Sorry I missed this thread this weekend , CN gotta ya goin - I still feel it’s a mag issue ? May b being locked out ? Or ph? I’m definitely not a happy frog expert, it just is similar symptoms that I’ve had before I do know those leaves will only get worse ! Never heal - need whole plant pics , new growth is what ya want to be lookin at,
Pretty sure I got a hot batch of happy frog or I royally screwed up the soil. However I’ve never fed more than 1/4 of the recommended dosage.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Do you have a soil probe?
Soil Moisture meter. NOT the 3 in 1 meters. Those are junk.

L

LostInTheTranslation

@ComfortablyNumb @Moshmen @GNick55 after doing a ton of reading Ive come to the conclusion that my issues were driven by poor drainage, which lead to salt build up and low ph in the root zone. The leaf issues I’m seeing all started with the lower older leaves, which started as bronze spots that turned into brown spots along with some red/purple stems. This leads me to assume that low ph levels in the root zone caused by salt build up via poor drainage showed up initially in early flowering as a phosphorus deficiency and now some signs of mag deficiency. Will be checking the soil ph before watering today to determine if I still have a low ph after the last watering. Next time im going organic all the way lol. Cheers!

L

LostInTheTranslation

@ComfortablyNumb @Moshmen forgot to mention that I retested the soil, after calibrating my ph pen and found it was still calibrated, directly from the bag of happy frog and got a ph of 5.3 and a PPM of 1150. Glad I added two tablespoons of dolomite lime to the top soil the last watering. Not sure why this bag of happy frog is so darn hot in comparison to typically being at a Ph of 6.5-7 typically out of the bag. The water I used for the slurry test was Aquafina bottled water (reverse osmosis per the bottle) that had a ph of 6.3 and 0 PPM. Even though I’m 3.5 weeks into flower I’m considering transplanting so this girl doesn’t burn and I don’t have to keep chasing ph issues. Thoughts?

Top Bottom