Help the monster grow great weed! (My 1st coco grow)

• Thread starter Chronic Monster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Chronic Monster

Chronic Monster

well off to work, see you all in 7 hours :)
quick break down, didn't flush coco as well as i should have, doh!
don't think i pre charged coco with enough cal mag, maybe?
been using tap, tap water at 400ppm last couple weeks, lol
christ.
stopped by water company, apparently they don't test for cal carb, mg, sulfur, etc.. they call it a secondary test, trying to figure out who to contact about exact break down of water supply and total disolved solids, water company supposed to call me next week, don't think the lady there gets many people asking how much ppm of mg is in the water,, lol

Chronic Monster

Chronic Monster

one more thing, whats up with the lines in some of the pictures? is this rf interference?

Chronic Monster

Chronic Monster

IMG 20131214 141759

ttystikk

ttystikk

Digital camera, 60Hz ballast = funny lines in pics. You can use polarized sunglasses, or digital high frequency ballast.

Don't use more cal-mag. Just keep feeding them just a tad light, give them more lighting.

Chronic Monster

Chronic Monster

ok bumped them up from the 400 to the 1000 watt... , iv been giving them them 175ppm of base nutrients(with the high tap ec im at 575ppm, but i have noticed more tip burn and some slight yellowing of the outside of the leaf over the last week,thinking im getting some nutrient imbalances from the high starting ppm of the tap water and from not flushing well enough

ttystikk

ttystikk

ok bumped them up from the 400 to the 1000 watt... , iv been giving them them 175ppm of base nutrients(with the high tap ec im at 575ppm, but i have noticed more tip burn and some slight yellowing of the outside of the leaf over the last week,thinking im getting some nutrient imbalances from the high starting ppm of the tap water and from not flushing well enough

What's your runoff ec?

Second question, why use ppm for water, there are several different scales all based on ec, so just use ec. It's less potentially confusing, since its always the same scale.

I'm assuming you're using ppm = ec x 500
If so, 575ppm = 1.15ec. I run as high as 1.8 and usually at least 1.6 with Jacks and calcium nitrate. If ppm = ec x 500, then that's 800-900ppm. Instead of tip burn, you could be starving your plants.

I would not jump straight from 400W to 1000W without some kind of moderating measures. Did you raise the light? Increase cooling? Otherwise, you run the risk of light shock, the classic case of which is burning the tomato plant by putting it outside without hardening it off first.

Last edited:
Chronic Monster

Chronic Monster

ok, so heres how it went down..(first time with the coco)
so i soaked those gh blocks in 5.8 ph water(tap), drained, soaked again tap, drained again. then i ran about 20 gallons of tap water over the coco. then hit it with some RO with nutrients to charge it..

(hadnt picked up an ec meter at that point.)
the 8 larger plants came in one gallon containers and were all super dark green with a bunch of leaf curl..(the person i got them from had pretty much nuked them...),

so anyways picked up a ec meter, fucking run off on the two critical mass was 1900ppm, atf was super high too.
lowest ppm run of was like 1200.. thats with 575 ppm going in.
all the smaller plants came out of aero cloner, and ec and were transplanted directly into the coco.. with them ppm going in at 575 comes out at 775.
The smaller clones and larger clones have been getting fed the same, the smaller clones were over all much heathier than the larger clones, but over the last couple weeks they have def picked up with the lower feedings..

Chronic Monster

Chronic Monster

since i don't have the water report showing how much cal carb/bicarb is disolved in the water.
since my ppm is 400 would it be safe to assume at least 300 ppm of that is calcium carb?
can plants uptake calcium carb from the water since its not chelated??
do you think with my starting ppm i could make the tap water work in regards to successful nutrient profiles?

I always used ro for everything in the past, but trying to cut as many cost corners as possible this run....would like to make the tap work but if not ill shell up the cash for a ro machine

ttystikk

ttystikk

I think that at least 300 and likely 350 of that is calcium. Calcium isn't something that needs chelating; it's already there in the water, right? Yes, bump your nutrient profiles up and stop using cal-mag. Take it easy on turning up the lights, raise the light or something to ease transition.

Chronic Monster

Chronic Monster

Also have been alternating spraying sm90, aquashield, h202, copper fungicide, and postasium carbonate, havent seen any pm yet... and hummidity averages about55 to 65 percent.

biker22

biker22

since i don't have the water report showing how much cal carb/bicarb is disolved in the water.
since my ppm is 400 would it be safe to assume at least 300 ppm of that is calcium carb?
can plants uptake calcium carb from the water since its not chelated??
do you think with my starting ppm i could make the tap water work in regards to successful nutrient profiles?

I always used ro for everything in the past, but trying to cut as many cost corners as possible this run....would like to make the tap work but if not ill shell up the cash for a ro machine

Hey Chronic Monster If your tap water is coming out of the tap at 400ppm, Id start aerating my tap water for about 24 to 48 hours. That's a cheap way to clean out your water a little bit. Def not ro water but it will get Some of that out. Im sorry I haven't read the whole thread so if you are already, Scratch this. Lol Just a thought tho! Hope you get your ladies in check soon! :cigar: and I do agree with ttystikk Id bump up the nutes also. If it was Up at 1900ppm When you first tested. IMO id want it to be 1000-1200ppm and see what they were telling you.

green bastard

green bastard

lookin good bro....if your runoff is at 1900 and your feeding them at 575 sounds like a salt build up flush that medium out and give am a nice feed when they dry out after the flush

Chronic Monster

Chronic Monster

you would think huh... i actually went down and talked to several people and they all said that
my city doesnt test for that shit on the regular, they call it a "secondary test" ..the head lady at the water company is trying to track down the info for me.. hopefully ill get my hands on it
the yearly water reports lists copper, lead, a ton of toxins they test for, its like three pages long. checked their website too..

website says water is composed of moderate amounts of calcium, maganese and iron but doesnt list any type off ppm or ratios
You should be able to go to your municipal water suppliers web site and see whats in the water or just give them a call and say your allergic to some shit in the water.
great to have you stop by my friend!

Latest posts

Top Bottom