Help the monster grow great weed! (My 1st coco grow)

• Thread starter Chronic Monster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mastacheeser

mastacheeser

i think you might have a few thrips in there man
cant really tell for sure from the pics

Chronic Monster

Chronic Monster

I don't think i have thirps...(ill pop out the handheld scope and dbl check.)
thanks for stopping in :-)

IMG 20131227 124022
PButter

PButter

RUN!!!
Supporter
I would not put the cloth pots in the buckets. To make sure you don't have drainage problems with the buckets you might put like a two inch layer of perlite in the bottom.

I've also done some weird stuff with cloth pots (filled with a soil mix) inside a larger tub or tote filled with a coco/perlite mix and feed bennies/organic to the soil and hydro nutes to the coco/perlite. No real upside other than I thought once roots grew through the cloth the growth seemed to take off again. I did this because of an apparent lack of flavor and smells going straight coco...

We're all rooting for ya CM

PB

Last edited:
Chronic Monster

Chronic Monster

I would not put the cloth pots in the buckets. To make sure you don't have drainage problems with the buckets you might put like a two inch layer of perlite in the bottom.

I've also done some weird stuff with cloth pots (filled with a soil mix) inside a larger tub or tote filled with a coco/perlite mix and feed bennies/organic to the soil and hydro nutes to the coco/perlite. No real upside other than I thought once roots grew through the cloth the growth seemed to take off again. I did this because of an apparent lack of flavor and smells going straight coco...

We're all rooting for ya CM

PB
damn, lol.. i transplanted everything last night.
glad to have you along for the ride PB..

Chronic Monster

Chronic Monster

i got the idea from ill eagles thread and that oxygen pot system....

PButter

PButter

RUN!!!
Supporter
I'm sure there is no real hurt in putting the bag in the bucket other than tying up your bags...

O2 pot system? do tell.

If you have a little neem oil or even just olive oil put a dab on your finger and touch the foam- it'll knock it back so you don't have to clean up the mess all the time. I do like to see foam on tea's though.

Chronic Monster

Chronic Monster

@PButter the oxygenpot is just a ebb and flow bucket system but with their own version of a fabric pot.
google oxygen pot system, @ill eagle could probably tell you more. you should peep his thread, its entertaining and only three pages so quick run through.. its called breaking bud
i was really impressed with the roots popping out the bottom in that 02system .. i wonder how the fabic compares to the aurora pots i got...

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
the critical mass is real scraggly though starting to fill in a letter better, the new growth is looking better but i still have some purple in stem and petioles..
purple is either p, k or mg yea?
Purpled/reddened petioles can be an indicator of P- or utilization problem.

I haven't read through your whole thread, how are you addressing Ca? I saw the bit about the MgSO4 and your Lucas formula feeding, but I don't use that formula or those nutes so I don't know how much Ca you're getting.

Chronic Monster

Chronic Monster

let me see if my dumbass can figure out this nutrient calculator thing so i can give you some ppm ratios of the elements...be back in a bit

Chronic Monster

Chronic Monster

So from my understanding the original lucas formula is floranova bloom @ 8ml per gallon or if using the 3 part flora series. It is 8ml of gh micro and 16ml of gh bloom(no gh grow used).
When I went to lucas formula .com it mentioned heads mixing ratios worked better in coco.. I have quoted the guy in this post The girl scout cookies has been responding very well to this feeding but the other strains things def were not firing at those ratios.
Here is a quote from

*QUOTE=Grat3fulh3ad;983893]Highyas guys...

After watching and reading and generally being impressed with the results you've all been getting with the coco medium, I've had to make the switch myself...

Being the rebel that I am...Not having coco specific nutes, and having a full supply of GH flora micro and bloom, I've been working at tailoring the 'Modified Lucas formula' I was using in pro-mix to suit the coco better...

The mix I have arrived at has reduced levels of K and P, and a slight reduction in total concentration, because I have been keeping the runoff to a minimum (only a few ounces of water come thru, just enough to let me know I'm completely saturated...

So... when I was using a modified lucas formula... my nutrient profile when growing in promix was:
N 130
P 93
K 163
Mg 64
S 43
Ca 130

By mixing 8ml/gal micro and 14ml/gal bloom and watering with plain water every other watering...

In the coco, I am now using 6ml/gal micro and 9ml/gal bloom which gives the nute profile:
N 97
P 60
K 105
Mg 41
S 27
Ca 97

adding 1 g/gal epsom salts to the solution changes the numbers for mg and s to:
Mg 67
S 61

Adjusting for the extra available potassium in the coco, the new formula puts me very close to the 'target ratio'... Phosphorous is a tad low, but I think there should be no worries there...

Nothing is too far along in flower right now, but I'll get some pics up a bit later.

I have also seen advantage in keeping the coco fairly wet, I'm guessing that the coco holds the nutes so well, that as moisture evaporates out, concentrations rise...[/QUOTE*]

Chronic Monster

Chronic Monster

@Seamaiden what is this big ricky receipe you speak of?

J

Jalisco Kid

If you really have a atf they should be fed and ppm lowered then fed again a higher ppm when growth slows.
I would take some cutting now of your keepers, once they get some roots e20 them and your room in between cycles.Then make sure you have adequate circulation.
I would get an ro filter until you at least find out about your water. I would pay to have it analyzed 2x one dry and then wet season since you are on wells.
They make,or I should say used to make a hardwater 3 part you might want to check into.
I run hot water through my blocks after a days soak until the ppm matches. pH my hydroton down to 5.4 there abouts. Soak mixture in pHed 2-300ppm of a veg formula then transplant to buckets. Suerte JK

Chronic Monster

Chronic Monster

ok, im over this lucas stuff, got the base numbers i needed to work off, thank you!

( 120-60-280-140-70-30)
I am on the cannastats site trying to get those numbers using the gh 3 part, silica blast and magical)

Chronic Monster

Chronic Monster

ok @Jalisco Kid what ratios are most set in stone and which can i vary a little more, after plugging away numbers for awhile.. was having some trouble getting the ratios to line up, but its time to feed.
so per gallon, 6ml micro, 11ml grow, 10ml bloom, 5ml silica blast, 2.5ml calimagic gives me.
n-171
p-80
k-283
ca-139
mg-74
which puts me high in the N by 51ppm and P by 20ppm
I could drop the N more if I brought the K down a bit

Last edited:
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I'm TERRIBLE at math, and please remember that I just don't really do the chem salts thing in large part due to that and other reasons. But of what I'm seeing in the first sets of numbers you posted the ratio of Ca:Mg is waaaaaayyy off. I like to see a minimum ratio of 4:1, and 6:1 is much closer to the range we need, especially in coir. The ratio of Ca:Mg that I think I'm understanding you to have now is <2:1, woefully short on Ca.

Dropping K closer to very low ppms/0 has never caused a problem for me (in coir cultivation, soil's another matter), and I think you might be able to get away with dropping N as well since it's fairly easily replaced without being attached to K, no? In fact, I think you could increase Ca and N by using CaNO3 (calcium nitrate), at least during veg.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
It used to be BioLink 6% Ca. If you can find it, that's what I would use. It's derived from CaCO3, but it's a good product.

Top Bottom