Help with led growtent setup

• Thread starter trt92
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
trt92

trt92

Hi, im planning to buy a small growtent , probably 60x60x160cm size 0.6m3

Ive tried it once before years ago,, with 250w lights,, didnt get so much out of it but it was first time.. Anyways

This time i want to try led lights instead because of lower heat and cheaper power use.
Its so long ago ive forgotten most growing so hoped you could help me.

In a small tent like that, what can i expect to harvest in grams? I think i want to cut it more this time to make it more bushy.
Also how much watt led can i have? 200w? How much would i get out of that?
And about the ventilation, id like to keep noise low as im putting the tent in a shed which is wall to wall with my neighbours. Imalso abit concerened about the smell, as i could sence the weed smell in my appartment when i had it there years ago when the weed plants where blooming up at the end. I did use coal filter. Maybe the smell came fr me opening up watering it only,, idk.
Greatful for all answers and ideas.
Would like to know if thers any seeds you recomend as a beginner too that has good yield

Thx

R

rangabud

I would say 200w of quality LED may be too much for a 2x2 tent but they are dimiable so that's no issue. 150w would probably be perfect.

As for ventilation a 4" inline with controller would be plenty, and you could run that at half speed to help reduce noise, fans running flat out are noisy so you want to oversize and turn them down.

I have no issues with smell by using a carbon filter and negative pressue inside the tent.
but yes every time you open the tent the smell will get out.

Just on a quick search the Mars hydro Ts 1000 looks pretty good for a 2x2.
I haven't used mars hydro but alot of people seem to think there pretty good.

Last edited:
Goodshit97

Goodshit97

Hi, im planning to buy a small growtent , probably 60x60x160cm size 0.6m3

Ive tried it once before years ago,, with 250w lights,, didnt get so much out of it but it was first time.. Anyways

This time i want to try led lights instead because of lower heat and cheaper power use.
Its so long ago ive forgotten most growing so hoped you could help me.

In a small tent like that, what can i expect to harvest in grams? I think i want to cut it more this time to make it more bushy.
Also how much watt led can i have? 200w? How much would i get out of that?
And about the ventilation, id like to keep noise low as im putting the tent in a shed which is wall to wall with my neighbours. Imalso abit concerened about the smell, as i could sence the weed smell in my appartment when i had it there years ago when the weed plants where blooming up at the end. I did use coal filter. Maybe the smell came fr me opening up watering it only,, idk.
Greatful for all answers and ideas.
Would like to know if thers any seeds you recomend as a beginner too that has good yield

Thx
ViparSpectra XS1500 PRO Grow Lights (NEW 2023)
Save 8% Coupon Code: Good97PRO

Amazon US: https://amzn.to/3HMqBg4
Official Web: https://www.viparspectra.com
(Amzone code Valid until May 31st 2023)

Ive got one of these in my 2x2 and its an amazing light.

Be sure to use the code GOOD97PRO for 8% off if you go get one.

ArtfulCodger

ArtfulCodger

If you're in soil and not supplementing CO2, 150W of LED will be plenty. For yield, one ounce (28 grams) dried per square foot might be average. In a 60cm x 60 cm, maybe 100 grams? Skilled growers can do much better.

Last edited:
R

rangabud

Any good LED will be good for veg and and flower.

As for your yield I would say 8oz at the absolute Max if everything is perfect but more realistic would be 4 - 6 Oz easily doable.

Cirroji

Cirroji

man i'm just a hotdog
Supporter
wait until you see how the plant grows before any standard of weight you imagine.

there's so many factors that nobody here can give you an adequate response. first grows don't expect mad harvest focus on treating the plant right and getting through the grow with least amount of damage/discoloartion to the plant.

you'll get there but what you will learn along the way is gonna be the real gold

trt92

trt92

wait until you see how the plant grows before any standard of weight you imagine.

there's so many factors that nobody here can give you an adequate response. first grows don't expect mad harvest focus on treating the plant right and getting through the grow with least amount of damage/discoloartion to the plant.

you'll get there but what you will learn along the way is gonna be the real gold
The hardest part i remember was fertelizing, remember ibought 1 for growth and 1 for bloom, but had to use like 1/4 of what recomended dose said
Do i even need fertelizer?

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
The hardest part i remember was fertelizing, remember ibought 1 for growth and 1 for bloom, but had to use like 1/4 of what recomended dose said
Do i even need fertelizer?
Good day and welcome to the Farm....yes you need nute's , pick a company and go with their recommended feed schedule. I use General Hydroponics 3 part Micro/ Grow/ Bloom in Promix type soils.....works for me...GL

I'd go with soil Coco can be tricky to get used to with daily watering.

trt92

trt92

Could someone add a shopping cart for a tent, 150-200w led, in vent and outvent with coal filter so i getsome overview of what i shud buy? Probably buying in my own country for lower transport and tax fees tho

Cirroji

Cirroji

man i'm just a hotdog
Supporter
This kit it under $350 and it has a 2x2x4 tent like you wanted, a led light, carbon filter, and various other tools you'd need
don't worry about spending major bucks on your very first grow, you'll learn so much and want to change so many things don't worry :)

not the tallest thing ever - but use the net right and im sure you could make do. otherwise i'd say bite down and get a larger tent in general not just height.

trt92

trt92

This kit it under $350 and it has a 2x2x4 tent like you wanted, a led light, carbon filter, and various other tools you'd need
don't worry about spending major bucks on your very first grow, you'll learn so much and want to change so many things don't worry :)

not the tallest thing ever - but use the net right and im sure you could make do. otherwise i'd say bite down and get a larger tent in general not just height.

Looks nice, but i count see inline fan on the picture, and what is that netting for? Sog?

trt92

trt92

Looks nice, but i count see inline fan on the picture, and what is that netting for? Sog
And how many plants should i put in it?

Top Bottom