Hempy Buckets

• Thread starter Guano
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

Guano

Since I've currently been experimenting w/DWC I'm also thinking about giving Hempy Buckets a try.Anyone familiar growing in this method please feel free to contribute your knowledge to this thread.:damnhippie:

Would coco & perlite make a suitable medium as opposed to perlite/vermiculite?

A

AzGrOw-N-sMoKe

i have/still run hempy buckets i run mine in 5 gal buckets with 100%perlites an gh nutes ran on the lucas formula....here's a room with hempy an dwc...both yeild fantastic...i kept doing hempy but droppped the dwc as it's pointless with yeild's like the HB's give...peace az

New room
F

fuzzy

Been running hempys for about 11/2-2 yrs now.Just like all other grows, keep an eye on ph and cal-mag def. and you should do pretty good.Im thinking about switching to coco.Im not sure if its the strain ive been running or what, but my plants dont look a healthy green.I do get great results, dont get me wrong.Im just pickey.peace,Fuzzy

H

hygrade

yeah,almost the same as az,i grow in plain perlite,i think coco would keep it too wet?anyway,gh 3 part,i use 0-5-10(g-m-b)and cal mag in 2 gallon trash cans. i like the results,been doing it for about a year now.very easy to do.good luck

B

budbabe

Would coco & perlite make a suitable medium as opposed to perlite/vermiculite?

Hi Guano, I don't know how coco/perlite would work (just fine I would think). I loved the idea of hempy buckets but have always grown in coco so I did a little experiment.

I did 1 perlite/vermiculite bucket and 1 coco/clay pebble bucket, (the pebbles were in the reservoir and coco on top) and the coco bucket yielded better. If memory serves me well I got 4.5oz from the coco and 2.5oz from the perlite one.

Whatever medium you decide to grow in I'm sure you'll love hempys....they rock :)

A

AzGrOw-N-sMoKe

nice to see another friendly face...i've always wanted a go at your coco based HB i think o'll give it a shot sometime real soon...peace az

B

budbabe

Thanks Az,

Those girls of yours must have given you a great yield, they look great. I'm not knocking perlite/vermiculite, plenty ppl have had great experiences but I loves my coco, its hassle free and a great medium to work with.

H

hygrade

that sounds like a great idea,i might even try that myself with the coco/clay pellets,i've been thinking of trying a new medium,just seems like coco/perlite would retain way too much water,but it might work.thanks for idea bb

A

AzGrOw-N-sMoKe

ya it was a hefty pull each hempy bucket hit 4oz dry per bucket...but with all big plants comes big veg times...but it is a great system..i have been playing witht the idea of doing a run of 2-3gal bins with 16plants under 1k an a super low veg time in buckets like 2-3weeks...then flower an hit that 2l mark....if i can it'll be much easyer an cheaper then doing aven e&f which tables are for a 4x4 system$$$$.....peace az

B

budbabe

that sounds like a great idea,i might even try that myself with the coco/clay pellets,i've been thinking of trying a new medium,just seems like coco/perlite would retain way too much water,but it might work.thanks for idea bb

Hi hygrade, When i started growing hempy's I asked hempy what he thought of the idea and he said go for it. I'm still using his method just with a different medium.

Recently I've come across another grower that grows in pure coco hempys thats why I think coco/perlite would work fine but I wont be changing from pebbles/coco :)

Az, Sounds like a great harvest. I usually veg for around 2 weeks and LST my plants, but I'm on a much smaller scale than you...1.2m tent with 600w :happy

G

Guano

Thanks for all the input everyone.Sounds like coco may be the way to go.

G

Guano

I've got some diatomite & B'cuzz coco,should have some HB's up & running soon.

H

hygrade

man i've been wanting to run diatomite in a hempy for a while now,i can't wait to see what happens!it sounds like a great medium.good luck!

BombBP

BombBP

Your coco hempys will be fine. I grow in Hempys with hydroton in the res and a soil/coco mix on top. The soil/coco mix stays very damp but i've never had a problem.

G

Guano

Seeing as it's hydro but with coco,I wonder if coco or hydro nutes are more appropriate...as long as you add Cal-Mag it might not matter :thinking

BombBP

BombBP

I use soil nutes. I feed with a lower ph than in soil though. I feed with a ph of 6 with my type buckets:).

BombBP

BombBP

Here's...

A LR2 in a 2 liter coke bottle, hempy style. Hydroton in the res and soil/coco on top. This girl hit the 1 ft mark yesterday and is 31 days old.

New 586
New 587
F

fuzzy

Seeing as it's hydro but with coco,I wonder if coco or hydro nutes are more appropriate...as long as you add Cal-Mag it might not matter :thinking
If it was me, which it will be soon, id go with canna coco.Keep us updated for sure.Im watching this close.Peace,fuzzy

B

boxmunch9

is anyone growing monster trees in hempys. Im doing a constant top feed in 5gal buckets with lava rocks, and my girls are prolly just under 4ft tall but they are a good 3-3.5 ft wide. I want to switch to something fast growing like this system but without recirculating becuase i just had a plant die cuz the res got really hot for a few days(res chillers are orderd) and it freaked me out cuz it could have killed them all really. can perlite really hold a 1lbs plus plant? thanks

Latest posts

Top Bottom