Hempy LED Grow: DP Power Plant

• Thread starter irishboiii
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Camdawg

Camdawg

Unlax don't go chopping anything early that's pretty rash, DON'T PANIC. Have a little more faith in your skills dude at least watch a few different YouTube videos on the same project and then give it a shot, hell ya made your hempys right?!?!?!
Also high humidity can really hinder the carbon filters ability to...filter.

I've never used Ona blocks only read about them, seems somewhat outdated and from what I've heard from older growers ozone and ona just didn't cut it. Also isn't that stuff bad for your health?

irishboiii

irishboiii

I didnt mean Im gonna chop em soon, Im just thinking if its this bad now whats it gonna be like in another 6-8 weeks.

ona blocks are natural and made out of plant material as far as I know so they are perfectly fine health-wise. Only downside is that a €15 block is meant to barely last 2-3 weeks.

canadaseed

canadaseed

Hey man, thanks for dropping in! Finally, somebody else that has grown PP! Nobody seems to grow this strain. Those are awesome pics man, my mouth is watering lmao.

How long did PP take to finish flowering for you man? And did you get crazy strong smell during veg too?
Hey @irishboiii I actually haven't gorwn PP myself, so i can't be of help in that area. I only ever bought it, many different varieties of it too. Here in eastern Canada PowerPlant is a (cash crop) which is making me feeling like smell SHOULD be something you are able to control. Because if a large scale illegal crop chooses to grow that strain it needs to meet the (needs) of a stealth grow... ie: low odor. PowerPlant finishes off with a mild earth skunky smell but it's more like loam or moss. Hope this helps in terms of odor characteristics.

Just another thought here, something kinda silly but you know how like some people put tide dryer sheets in a paper towel roll and blow the smoke through to mask it. Maybe you could use tide dryer sheets? I would just be concerned with toxins from the dryer sheets.

irishboiii

irishboiii

Wow, didnt know it was so popular over there. Its my favourite strain ever to smoke. The smell is very potent right now with me and I havnt even flipped to 12/12 yet!

Cool idea man, Il have the ona blocks in a day or two though so will use them, but Im expecting the smell to get crazy during bloom so may have to use some idea like yours combined with the filter and the ona blocks lol.

irishboiii

irishboiii

Just noticed some leaf tip yellowing that is starting on the newest growth on a few leaves of one plant. What is this?

2014 07 23 201354
2014 07 23 201335

irishboiii

irishboiii

Thanks @ flying. My PPM's are under 800 though. And isnt it strange that its the newest growth and not the oldest growth?

Im growing in coco and thought it may be a magnesium deficiency because that attacks the newest growth first doesnt it?

So much conflicting info when I research it

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

NO NO
its over kill on the nutes IMHO
I can run as high as 1200 ppm with what I use But I choose to run 560ppm in dtw coco twice a day smaller amounts
I say why waste it.
Now that's what works for me
and
I know there are other who will say otherwise That works for how they do it
I totally trust @Coir opinion hes been growin a long time...
One thing bro you will need to find what works best for you
some believe in flushing the coco if salts build up and stuff like that
But if you are more conservative no salts will build and you will never need to flush.
So skip a feeding
reduce the nutes by half and see in 5 to 7 days.
For me that's what I would do.
FlyJ

irishboiii

irishboiii

Il back off the nutes then. Only gave them 370PPM today anyway so Il continue with low PPM and see if it clears up.

johnnyrotten

johnnyrotten

You could always alternate days, feed, water, feed, water... Those plants seem to be light feeders, possibly because of the LED light... I used to use the same nutes as FlyingJ, love them...I'd start feeding once they started to run out of their own juice with a 330ppm solution for about a week and then I ran 660ppm through veg and flower... I spent a lot of money on nutes before I found Jacks...

irishboiii

irishboiii

2014 07 24 154353
2014 07 24 154343

So here they are one day before the flip. As you can see, almost the entire 1m x 1m tent is filled with tops!

Soon I can stop boring everybody with the veg pics, and instead show you guys a tent full of stinky bud!

just.blaze

just.blaze

Looking good so far, I've had the pleasure of growing Power Plant and it was a solid yielder that does really well in a scrog or a bush like you have there.

About the smell, I found that the plants stunk wayy worse in veg than when they were in full boom... don't ask me why, but odor was definitely not an issue in my case.

irishboiii

irishboiii

Another PP grower! Great, thanks for dropping in man!

How long did yours take to finish flowering? And what wattage and methods did you use?

just.blaze

just.blaze

Something similar to what you have... grown in organic soil, 3 gal pots under a 400w hps, all were topped 3 times and scrogged. Don't seem to be too nute hungry and I chopped around day 58 or so, 60 days should be plenty for most phenos.

irishboiii

irishboiii

wow, so you chopped at 8 weeks? Hope I can do the same. The only other PP grows I could find all were dissapointed at 10-12 weeks flowering

irishboiii

irishboiii

Btw guys watering these plants is becoming an impossible task. I just spilled a whole bunch of water all over the tent. Gonna have to figure something out here.

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

Right on Irish your doing great

I would go to the local pet store or like type store get a few feet of air line and a 4 way then a 1 liter bottle with a hole in the cap attach the hose to the bottle and feed them by hanging the bottle

Like feeding a Gerbil or hamster cage style just fill the bottle with your water/nutes and pour should take a bout 5 min and all 4 will be good to go and no mess

EZ FEEDer

irishboiii

irishboiii

Great idea flying, thanks for that! Simple yet very clever. Appriciate that dude!

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

Great idea flying, thanks for that! Simple yet very clever. Appriciate that dude!
and you can just hold it squeeze hold stop whatever and not make a mess
get a bit more creative and you could drip feed um with it real slow like and be hands free who knows bro
just keep going and soon you will be tokin on some of your own grow . . . . .The best feeling in the world
next to sex.

LOL FlyJ

Whow DuDe you were my 500 post your the winner of this once in a life time gift of howzitworkinwayszergreenerBud Grow machine.

Top Bottom