Hempy LED Grow: DP Power Plant

• Thread starter irishboiii
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Prop215Life

Prop215Life

I've put clones in a clear plastic cup that just showed roots outa rock wool the clear cups kinda helped me a little I seen the roots drop and start to wrap and boom transplant time I know use them for every thing if need be I do not let them stay in there to long because of algae build up from the lights however if wrap them with a light proof barrier it'll be great you can peal back the barrier and look at your root mass. Remember root bound can be an issue

Prop215Life

Prop215Life

Listen to power on that Hempy advice he's got a lot of grows with them under his belt read his threads earlier as I'm looking for a new way to grow just to mess around an see how it goes he's got me interested in them

irishboiii

irishboiii

Ok burn4me, so I should maybe add some "PH Down" to the coco?

@ Props, thanks for popping in man. Yeah Il peel back after a few days and see how the roots are doing. Whats your current grow style btw?

irishboiii

irishboiii

My seeds are opening up in the water after just 24 hours, going to put them between the moist paper towels soon and should have em in the solo cups tomorrow.

Prop215Life

Prop215Life

Mainly I grow with a soil coco mixture I do myself. But I always experiment from uc dwc NFT to plain fox farm mycos happy frog mix the simplicity of the hemp ya has my interested

irishboiii

irishboiii

Sounds like you have a lot of experience man, lots of different methods. Yeah the simplicity and easy maintenance of hempys sounds great, I cant thank PowerOG enough for putting the idea in my head.

Power OG

Power OG

loving the coco hempys but truly bro this is my 1st run with them & i have to say so far im loving it because of the simplicity and how much less space it takes up. i can fit 8-one gallon coco hempys in a space that, i could only fit 2-5gal soil plants. the growth im seeing dailey if great. my bro @Tnelz & @Gamrstwin36 are the coco kings and helped me alot.

irishboiii

irishboiii

Seeds are now between moist paper towels with a plastic bowl over them to raise humidity. What do you guys reckon, should be ready to be planted into solo cups in about 12 hours or so?

irishboiii

irishboiii

Ok major concern about noise after I watched a youtube vid about carbon filter noise! I wont be able to test my fan and filter for a day or two, and if my filter makes half the noise the one in the vid makes Il have to cancel my grow.

Iv also just realised I got WAY higher powered fan and filter than I should have got, mine are rated at about 270 CFM. I just found out I could have gone much smaller and make much less noise.

This could be bad.

irishboiii

irishboiii

5 out of 6 seeds germed and the taproots were popping out so I just put em in solo cups and covered them with freezer bags (with many holes poked through) to create humidity.

They are in the tent and temp is at 77°F and slowly rising. Is this ok?

I have them 20 inches away from my LED and have the led on half power (180w actual draw)

I assume I leave the light on for 24hrs a day until they all pop up from underneath the coco, and then maybe saturday or sunday start using 18/6 choosing the times that suit me?

Id like to leave them on from 3pm to 9am

irishboiii

irishboiii

Its a bit humid in the tent since I dont have the fan set up yet, but from what I hear seedlings love humidity?

Also my tent is falling apart, its very badly made and the velcro is all coming loose, even duct tape is not holding it together.

Il find a way to fix it but not sure if its ever going to be airtight.

The brand is "cooltech", avoid it at all costs!

irishboiii

irishboiii

2014 06 19 163415

irishboiii

irishboiii

Thanks man, that was just a test pic really. At least now I know Il be able to give you guys visual updates which will keep this journal more interesting and enable you guys to help me out better.

irishboiii

irishboiii

3 seedlings popped up, the first true leaves are coming through the cotyleydons.

A 4th is just after popping up with the seed still stuck to it, the cotyleydons arent visible yet.

The 5th hasnt popped up at all yet

irishboiii

irishboiii

2014 06 21 175113 1

This is a pic of the seedling thats coming on the fastet. The other two are a bit behind, and one seems stunted or something.

Still waiting for one to pop up from under the coco, and waiting for another to shed the seed covering it. Dont want to pull it off in case I damage it.

Btw when do you start counting it as veg? After 2 or 3 sets of jagged edge leaves?

Top Bottom