Hempy LED Grow: DP Power Plant

• Thread starter irishboiii
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
irishboiii

irishboiii

There seems to be debate among LED growers about light distance. Some are telling me 24", others 18", others 12". Hard to know who to believe, the more I research the more conflicting opinions I get, so instead I just moved them as close to the light as possible without the temp exceeding 85° which is 12".

As for airflow, I had to seal the window in the growroom to make it lightproof so the only new air it gets is when I leave the bedroom door open which is most of the day. And an oscilating fan blows gently on the plants.

Il leave transplanting for a few more days if you dont think there is any urgency.

burn4me

burn4me

so heres my 2 cents bro:

start with picking a coco grower to ask about weather or not to feed this early.
maybe a great dude such as @Tnelz would bless us with an answer on that. sorry T i didnt know for sure any other kinder knowledgeable person right off hand.

id move the light up until max temp is 80 or so. give it a day or so to correct. if it doesnt then it might have been feed.

Gamrstwin36

Gamrstwin36

Ok 18" for veg and 24" during flower as for feeding you should be feeding them from the start but very light on ppms 200-300ppms
Respect

Check out Mr Tights Experiment. He found (and that's with groblu, not our beloved mars fixture) . That you really shouldn't go by manufacture tips on how far to hang your light's. Rather Play and adjust height as progression goes. Imo UNLESS your whipping one of them, neosol, apache, or blkdogs. Those with the stronger led bulbs would suit those labeled heights. But from what i found with nutes you dont wanna barely use much till bloom really. And im in coco, always have been and a VERY light veg feed is most noted. Hope you nail down your grow irishboii!
Respect

Tnelz

Tnelz

So to me it's easy. Hang the light at say 15 inches and pay attention to the plant. Does she look happy? If not move the light back a few inches until she does. As for feeding. If it's ur first time in Coco u should be using a one part like veg+bloom or in my opinion heads method. Hard to go wrong with either. If u go with heads everything is already figure out for u. If u go with a one part again watch the plant. If she is looking unhappy raise ur ppm 50 to 100 ppms until she looks better. There is no information source that will answer all ur questions really. Because every plant is different. Read ed Rosenthals thread about Coco and u will be on the right path. Also make sure u precharge ur Coco or u will run into problems. Even that's not 100% of the time.

irishboiii

irishboiii

Thanks for chiming in everybody, I moved the lights back a tad where the temp is at 76°-78°.

Maybe I should feed water only for a few days until about 30% runoff each time just in case it was the feed, what do you guys think?

Iv never heard of heads method, will look it up. And Ed Rosenthal has a thread here on coco? Il deinatly look that up!

Gamrstwin36

Gamrstwin36

Thanks for chiming in everybody, I moved the lights back a tad where the temp is at 76°-78°.

Maybe I should feed water only for a few days until about 30% runoff each time just in case it was the feed, what do you guys think?

Iv never heard of heads method, will look it up. And Ed Rosenthal has a thread here on coco? Il deinatly look that up!

If your in coco brother, you'd want to feed EVERY time. If anything VERY lightly.
Respect

Tnelz

Tnelz

If u wanted to flush ur plant do it with a light nutrient mix. Don't run plain water through ever.

irishboiii

irishboiii

Ok thanks guys. Just been reading Ed Rosenthals coco guide though and he says a lot of things that go against a lot of stuff coco growers say here.

I wont go over everything he said but he did say to feed like this:

"nutes, nutes, water & if they show signs of overfeeding then go nutes, water, water".

He also stated that a full water flush should be done every 4 weeks.

So hard to know who to listen to, Im sure other great growers would have another completley different take on the matter too! lol

Tnelz

Tnelz

Ok thanks guys. Just been reading Ed Rosenthals coco guide though and he says a lot of things that go against a lot of stuff coco growers say here.

I wont go over everything he said but he did say to feed like this:

"nutes, nutes, water & if they show signs of overfeeding then go nutes, water, water".

He also stated that a full water flush should be done every 4 weeks.

So hard to know who to listen to, Im sure other great growers would have another completley different take on the matter too! lol
Everybody has dif ways but that is just a guide that will give u some info. I don't agree with all of it and that's one place. Always feed Coco. He doesn't believe in recharging either but it's a no brainer.

johnnyrotten

johnnyrotten

well, well, well...I found your grow and subbed...

I wouldn't be feeding those seedlings anything except for water until you notice they are getting a deficiency then start feeding them a low amount...I go 300ppm with jacks for small plants and 600ppm for the rest of the time...

It also doesn't need to be transplanted yet...You may want to wait until it has 3 or 4 sets of leaves...

irishboiii

irishboiii

Yeah he also says it doesnt need to be flushed prior to use, that people only had to do that in the 90's.

@ Johnny, glad to have you along mate. Werent you already in here though? Il hold off on the transplant for another bit so.

irishboiii

irishboiii

Oh and I forgot to say that Il be topping them pretty soon too. The third set of true leaves will be coming through in a few days and Il be topping that third set.

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

Hey Irish,
yea brother I did CoCo w hydroton bottoms like a hemmpy set up I had great luck just as every one is sayin very light on the feeding Very light every time ......

I fed every day for 4 days light 250ppm for 2 or 3 weeks I stepped up slowly 400 450 y the end of 3rd
I stayed in the small cup till I had done my 1st topping then waited till the two new branches started.
Learn to make a simple tea I suggest a Capulators Foliar pac I say this as I used it as a preventative for bugs and it was working great I used Nute and the root pac also but I used it when ready to transplant...

OMG AND PLEASE DO YOUR ROOTS A FAVORe and cover them from the light as they will be unhappy with you and start showing confusing issues you dont want..... IMO

You are doing great...
PowerOG rocks his grows as well as Tenelz and JR
Coir, Brun4Me MAN you got some talent here with great Knowledge.
stay it green brother and keep them roots protected.
mass respect
FlyJ

Post sript:
I dont work for Caps beanies I just use um and I trust in them to help my growing just my .02C
OG Biowar.com IMHO kicks ass check out the info,,,

CapBeanies
Tnelz

Tnelz

Everybody has dif ways but that is just a guide that will give u some info. I don't agree with all of it and that's one place. Always feed Coco. He doesn't believe in recharging either but it's a no brainer.
Precharging
Hey Irish,
yea brother I did CoCo w hydroton bottoms like a hemmpy set up I had great luck just as every one is sayin very light on the feeding Very light every time ......

I fed every day for 4 days light 250ppm for 2 or 3 weeks I stepped up slowly 400 450 y the end of 3rd
I stayed in the small cup till I had done my 1st topping then waited till the two new branches started.
Learn to make a simple tea I suggest a Capulators Foliar pac I say this as I used it as a preventative for bugs and it was working great I used Nute and the root pac also but I used it when ready to transplant...

OMG AND PLEASE DO YOUR ROOTS A FAVORe and cover them from the light as they will be unhappy with you and start showing confusing issues you dont want..... IMO

You are doing great...
PowerOG rocks his grows as well as Tenelz and JR
Coir, Brun4Me MAN you got some talent here with great Knowledge.
stay it green brother and keep them roots protected.
mass respect
FlyJ

Post sript:
I dont work for Caps beanies I just use um and I trust in them to help my growing just my .02C
OG Biowar.com IMHO kicks ass check out the info,,,
Thanks for the compliment. Those products will do u good. Try OG tea special sauce too. Love the root and foliar packs!

Tnelz

Tnelz

Yeah he also says it doesnt need to be flushed prior to use, that people only had to do that in the 90's.

@ Johnny, glad to have you along mate. Werent you already in here though? Il hold off on the transplant for another bit so.
Most Coco may not truly need to be rinsed. But why risk it? Better to be safe than sorry bro. Rinse and precharge. I've been in Coco for quite a while and wouldnt steer u wrong.

Top Bottom