Hempy LED Grow: DP Power Plant

• Thread starter irishboiii
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
canadaseed

canadaseed

awesome stuff dude, happy to see your grow is going well... Smell is gonna be strong during certain times of the day and not so much at others. maybe if u can manage to cut down on air circulation, if the air is a bit more still it might contain the smell a bit more. perhaps less wind in your room might help keep the smell down. I would be cautious given air flow is super important in a grow room. how are the ONA blocks working to contain the smell?

irishboiii

irishboiii

awesome stuff dude, happy to see your grow is going well... Smell is gonna be strong during certain times of the day and not so much at others. maybe if u can manage to cut down on air circulation, if the air is a bit more still it might contain the smell a bit more. perhaps less wind in your room might help keep the smell down. I would be cautious given air flow is super important in a grow room. how are the ONA blocks working to contain the smell?

Thanks man, the ona blocks are great. I have 1 fresh linen ONA block in the end of the ducting coming from the extraction fan. I poked a bunch of holes in the lid as I hear it lasts longer that way, then when it loses its potency Il completley remove the lid. Then when that loses its potency Il cut the block up and take it completley out of the container. Hopefully that way I can get 2-3 weeks out of each block.

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

Hey Irish.
As I guessed, your plants look like some one who loves um is caring for them.....
IMHO you can start taking the bottom fan leaves weeks ago Keep under the canopy clean for your piece of mind
taking 1/3 of all the bottom growth off will have little impact on the budding of your flowers up top and most of the energy is headed that way now any whoot Looking great keep a look out for the one or two branches that try to over grow the rest of the tops YES YOU CAN Bend them over ALOT. what ever you do this is all suppose to be a great journey with positive Vibes and good times so bask in the glory of your very healthy kick ass ladies, YOU HAVE DONE Great.

If you need to bend over branches gently then harder pressure squeeze the branch at the location you need to bend and roll at the same time this fractures the inner fibers and allows the branch to bend with out breaking then with in a few dazes you will notice a callas knot or lump in the bended branch this is where it has healed up and will stay bent
Trust Me the more you do it the more you will see how simple it will be for you to do.
Take care Irish keep it green
FlyJ

irishboiii

irishboiii

Hey Irish.
As I guessed, your plants look like some one who loves um is caring for them.....
IMHO you can start taking the bottom fan leaves weeks ago Keep under the canopy clean for your piece of mind
taking 1/3 of all the bottom growth off will have little impact on the budding of your flowers up top and most of the energy is headed that way now any whoot Looking great keep a look out for the one or two branches that try to over grow the rest of the tops YES YOU CAN Bend them over ALOT. what ever you do this is all suppose to be a great journey with positive Vibes and good times so bask in the glory of your very healthy kick ass ladies, YOU HAVE DONE Great.

If you need to bend over branches gently then harder pressure squeeze the branch at the location you need to bend and roll at the same time this fractures the inner fibers and allows the branch to bend with out breaking then with in a few dazes you will notice a callas knot or lump in the bended branch this is where it has healed up and will stay bent
Trust Me the more you do it the more you will see how simple it will be for you to do.
Take care Irish keep it green
FlyJ

Thanks Flying, yeah the pinch and twist is supercropping right? I thought that should only be done in veg due to it being high stress?

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

I did it all the way to the end of the stretch, some will agree some will disagree I had no issues with it....
but not to super crop just to get the tall ones that are running away as you will see next two weeks,,,, As stretch continues there is always 2 or 3 branches that take to the heavens I bend back over that s all I was referring to this time.

Not the whole plant

If your next run is to do a super crop then yes that's a lot of stress only done in Veg,
IMO two or three branches bent over to keep the canopy even is not a big deal. Just what works fer the J man

Sharin the positive Green Vibes
FlyJ

irishboiii

irishboiii

I did it all the way to the end of the stretch, some will agree some will disagree I had no issues with it....
but not to super crop just to get the tall ones that are running away as you will see next two weeks,,,, As stretch continues there is always 2 or 3 branches that take to the heavens I bend back over that s all I was referring to this time.

Not the whole plant

If your next run is to do a super crop then yes that's a lot of stress only done in Veg,
IMO two or three branches bent over to keep the canopy even is not a big deal. Just what works fer the J man

Sharin the positive Green Vibes
FlyJ

Could I do that to a main top? Its just that theres two main tops on each plant that are shooting up above the rest. Can you do that with main tops or is it only for side branches?

just.blaze

just.blaze

- This is a response to your pm: I have a few questions myself regarding ppms, so this is what I know. If anyone else can chime in with info, please do :)-

I think co2 levels are ideal at 1000-1500 during flowering... the water itself can be as low as 0. Most hydro systems have a water filter or reverse osmosis machine that cleans the water almost completely to prevent mineral build up. This is less important in soil/soilless/coco because the medium acts as a buffer against water impurities.

700 ppm water is actually pretty typical of most tap water so its not bad, but as far as I know 200-400 ppm is more ideal.

As long as the plants continue to look as healthy as they are, keep doing what you're doing :D

irishboiii

irishboiii

- This is a response to your pm: I have a few questions myself regarding ppms, so this is what I know. If anyone else can chime in with info, please do :)-

I think co2 levels are ideal at 1000-1500 during flowering... the water itself can be as low as 0. Most hydro systems have a water filter or reverse osmosis machine that cleans the water almost completely to prevent mineral build up. This is less important in soil/soilless/coco because the medium acts as a buffer against water impurities.

700 ppm water is actually pretty typical of most tap water so its not bad, but as far as I know 200-400 ppm is more ideal.

As long as the plants continue to look as healthy as they are, keep doing what you're doing :D

Oh the PPM of my tap water is like 100-150, but the nutes bump it up to 600-700. I was just wondering if Power Plant likes high PPM or low PPM, Iv read some strains requireing 1500 PPM's which is why I was wondering if I should start bumping mine up a bit

canadaseed

canadaseed

Oh the PPM of my tap water is like 100-150, but the nutes bump it up to 600-700. I was just wondering if Power Plant likes high PPM or low PPM, Iv read some strains requireing 1500 PPM's which is why I was wondering if I should start bumping mine up a bit
Power Plant was developed from South African landraces. I would look into what levels of ppm the South Africans use with their crops. "there's no place like home" lol

irishboiii

irishboiii

Day 9 Flowering: I thought that when you see the first pistils that they are meant to rapidly start popping up everywhere. Well mine havnt changed at all. Only difference between now and 4 days ago when I first seen the pistils is that the plants have stretched. Thats it, no new pistils, nothing new, just stretch. Is that normal?

irishboiii

irishboiii

yes it is...patience...

Ok good, was just worried that something was wrong. Weather is bad here lately so instead of temps staying between 70° and 80° they are now going as low as 65° with highest temps of 75°.

As we get into September/October temps may get as low as 60°. Is that way too low?

irishboiii

irishboiii

Man these plants are stretching 1-2 inches a day lol, I can only afford a max of 15" more stretch before I run out of headroom because the fan and filter will be in the way after that

2014 08 03 204249

Power OG

Power OG

Throw a scrog net over them, that's how I control my height. Love scrog my net goes down today

irishboiii

irishboiii

Cant do that due to a lot of reasons, the main one being that I just cant tie them down in any way now because they have already filled out almost the entire tent

irishboiii

irishboiii

Still nothing happening at all on Day 10 other than more stretch

2014 08 04 200738

I noticed a mould growing on the coco, turned out to be dead leaves that were getting wet so I lollipopped every leaf that was touching the soil surface

2014 08 04 201355

Heres a pic of the worst/slowest plant out of the tent

2014 08 04 201753

There was one plant I couldnt lollipop today because the smell was getting too strong around the apartment from having the tent open and having to put one plant in the hallway while I tidyed up the others!

Top Bottom