Hempy LED Grow: DP Power Plant

• Thread starter irishboiii
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
irishboiii

irishboiii

how long do you plan on curing for after their dried? would like to get a smoke report

I plan on curing for about a month before I start dipping in lol. Will definitely do a smoke report on all 3 phenos. Not sure if Il be any good at it though lol

drewski85

drewski85

try curing for 3+ months if possible. I know its hard.I smoked up my last little outdoor grow up before it even cured.lol.try ice water extraction if your new to the extract game.really cheap/easy considering the final product when done right

ArthritiSux

ArthritiSux

I thought it was the norm to pluck ripe buds and leave any un-ripe buds on to swell up a bit more?

Would I be better off harvesting the entire plant then even though some buds are ready and others arent? Or will I be better chopping off the few ripe buds and leaving the rest on for the trichs to ripen a bit more?
The norm is to not cut anything off the plant but the defoliation at certain times. Some harvy in 2 stages by chopping tops of all plants an let lowers finish another 7-10 days. But not cut here an there. Imo thats probably gonna stunt the growth.

Last edited:
just.blaze

just.blaze

try curing for 3+ months if possible.

Good luck with that...

After drying, letting the buds marinate in the jars for 10-12 days should be plenty to notice a significant difference. Curing for many months is unnecessary and impratical with a grow of this size.

drewski85

drewski85

Good luck with that...

After drying, letting the buds marinate in the jars for 10-12 days should be plenty to notice a significant difference. Curing for many months is unnecessary and impratical with a grow of this size.
I guess a good cure is my personal taste

just.blaze

just.blaze

I suppose if you have the means and a large crop waiting a few months is easier...

Curing is the process of letting chlorophyll and other organic agents decompose over time. Chlorophyll generally has a half-life of about 6 days, so after 12 days in the jar about 75% of the harsh organic agents in the bud will have been broken down and converted to gas and terpenes. This is enough to make the bud tasty and smokable, curing any longer seems time-inefficient. Just my experience.

irishboiii

irishboiii

The norm is to not cut anything off the plant but the defoliation at certain times. Some harvy in 2 stages by chopping tops of all plants an let lowers finish another 7-10 days. But not cut here an there. Imo thats probably gonna stunt the growth.

I see, Il just chop the entire plant at the weekend so then, maybe leave the bottom half to go on another week.

irishboiii

irishboiii

I suppose if you have the means and a large crop waiting a few months is easier...

Curing is the process of letting chlorophyll and other organic agents decompose over time. Chlorophyll generally has a half-life of about 6 days, so after 12 days in the jar about 75% of the harsh organic agents in the bud will have been broken down and converted to gas and terpenes. This is enough to make the bud tasty and smokable, curing any longer seems time-inefficient. Just my experience.

Really? Iv read lots of people say that curing for a month is the absolute minimum, and that sometimes a 2-3 month cured bud tastes 10x better than the same bud cured for just one month.

Regardless, I know Im going to struggle curing it for just one month without dipping in lol

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

So Mr. Irish IMHO I would say you have done a bang up job on your grow.
Keep it Green Cant wait to see um in the bowl all sparked up.....
Peace
FlyJ

irishboiii

irishboiii

Guys is it normal to have certain tops with 100% white pistils at the top yet still have cloudy and a few amber trichs?

irishboiii

irishboiii

Means they still got time.

How so? It may still have loads of white pistils at the very tip, but just below the tip (where the bulk of the weight is) the pistils are brown and receeding and the trichs are about 30% amber.

If I let it go on much longer then the bulk of that top will have 100% amber trichs, so surely it would make sense to chop it soon?

I dont know, its confusing. All I do know is that them white pistils at the tip arent going to amount to much and it would be silly to wait for them to mature since the bulk of weight on that top would just degrade in THC while waiting.

Il try and get a good pic up later

irishboiii

irishboiii

Heres a few pics of what Im talking about, crap quality pics due to the LED light but Il post more when its "dark" just before the lights go on tomorrow

2014 09 26 211928
2014 09 26 211949
2014 09 26 212020

ArthritiSux

ArthritiSux

Looks like its getting its last swell on. I see white hairs busting out sides too.

irishboiii

irishboiii

Looks like its getting its last swell on. I see white hairs busting out sides too.

How long you think that one has left to go? And wont a lot of the THC in that one be degraded if it goes on for long due to already having a lot of amber trichs?

Top Bottom