Hempy LED Grow: DP Power Plant

• Thread starter irishboiii
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
irishboiii

irishboiii

2014 07 01 232802

I totally forgot that I must adjust the LED distance too but have no way to do that. It was easy putting the solo cups closer to the light but hard to do in 3gal buckets.

What can I do guys? I need help fast, could only get two plants closer to the LED in this temporary setup, and even they are too far away!

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

This is what I have found
The plants may slow down some due to transplant, I waited for 1st topping to recover before I did mine
I understand you dint have a choice its all good. just watch the over watering for a bit keep nuts ppm low low for a few days see what they do.
good luck
FlyJ

irishboiii

irishboiii

Awesome idea man! Thanks!

Yeah I would have been topping tomorrow, Im assuming due to all the stress they are going through I should wait a few more days?

irishboiii

irishboiii

Il have to pick some clothes hangers up in the morning, only have plastic and wood ones here and they look like they could break due to the bend when I put the LED on them.

But man you have no idea how much I appriciate that idea!

irishboiii

irishboiii

Damm whod have thought finding wire hangers would be so hard! lol Iv been everywhere and all I can find are flimsy plastic or wooden ones, and no way would I trust them to support my expensive LED.

Anybody got any other ideas that could be done very cheap?

DismalDude

DismalDude

I got these from the big A free with a purchase but I love em,so easy.They will run you about $20-$22 for four.They have some cheaper ones but the heavy duties are the way to go.Good luck!
Hangers

irishboiii

irishboiii

Thanks for the suggestion only Im in Ireland and it would take a while to order them from the net.

I need a very cheap and easy quick fix, the plants are miles away from the light and if they stretch too much Im just going to have to dump the lot and restart again in a few months.

DismalDude

DismalDude

Ah,gotcha.Well,you could simply take some parachute cord,attach all top rings of existing line,figure what height you need and then make a loop on other end of line and hang it. ;)
Or,and this is what I would do,attach separate cord to each existing cable,omit the "S" hanger and just tie cord off on tent poles at top individually.Would make it stronger because of weight distribution and also more stable from spin.

irishboiii

irishboiii

Great idea man, where would I get parachute cord? Id go with your second idea.

I just found a chain and am using that until I can do your idea, but the chain isnt very long so they are still a bit too far away.

bigdaddyg8

bigdaddyg8

I just found a chain and am using that until I can do your idea, but the chain isnt very long so they are still a bit too far away.
bring the plants up higher to the light . until you find some coat hangers !

DismalDude

DismalDude

Any hardware store here in the US.Should be same there I'm guessing.

irishboiii

irishboiii

I have things here that Im using to get the plants closer to the light, but its hard when Im using 3gal buckets in a small tent.

As for just walking into a store and buying whatever you want, its not like that here at all. You americans have it lucky. Over here its all small towns. Only the bigger cities have big shopping centers, and even they have very little.

If its not something thats used in everyday life. It wont be found here. Hell, even some things you guys consider everyday items cant be found here lol

johnnyrotten

johnnyrotten

wire hangers...do you have a dry cleaner in town? Get a couple things dry cleaned and they should come back with wire hangers... I get so much dry cleaning done that I have to throw them away...

irishboiii

irishboiii

Yeah but I found out they use plastic ones too. Im going to have to sort this out fast, feeding them is an absolute nightmare like this!

Last edited:
irishboiii

irishboiii

The buckets are a bit too heavy for boxes, I tried that and even one bucket was too heavy for the box. Tried stacking them up on books too but Id need about 20 big, thick books per bucket. And I only own 8 books, so Im 72 books short lol

Top Bottom