Here we go again? Germinated seed didn’t come up.

• Thread starter Budclarkson
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Budclarkson

I used the paper towel method for years, but recently planted them in either soil or Light Warrior after soaking in a 4:1 solution of 3% hydrogen peroxide and water for 24 hours. After planting, I spray them with a mixture of water and kelp. I also had them under 5% light at 18/6. That seemed to work well.
What is the benefit to adding peroxide?

No hydrogen peroxide is required my Mother Nature…

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
What is the benefit to adding peroxide?

No hydrogen peroxide is required my Mother Nature…
I never get the Mother Nature thing we’re growing indoors Mother Nature doesn’t build houses to live in we do nothing to replicate Mother Nature.
We hang up lights and force plants to grow faster than they would, we kill bugs that would naturally live on cannabis none of what we do to cannabis is Mother Natures doing

budsofgeorgia

budsofgeorgia

I never get the Mother Nature thing we’re growing indoors Mother Nature doesn’t build houses to live in we do nothing to replicate Mother Nature.
We hang up lights and force plants to grow faster than they would, we kill bugs that would naturally live on cannabis none of what we do to cannabis is Mother Natures doing
You tellem

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Yep! That’s the very definition of growing toy plants under plastic suns! 😂

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
I think about this occasionally. Plants and animals in the wild manipulate their environment. Beavers build dams. Evergreen trees acidify the soil so that few other plants can grow and compete with them. There are many examples of living things changing their environment. That's usually for their benefit, but it isn't always so. Cannabis does it too, so the question for us is whether to acknowledge and perhaps support the plant's natural tendencies. I don't know for sure whether happy, healthy plants produce better fruit, but I believe they do, and that forms the basis of my fundamental growing philosophy.

B

Budclarkson

All good reasons why I grow indoors.

I set up planters out on the patio for vegetables last year. My old garden area is now too shaded

What a freaking disaster. First I wasn’t getting enough hours of full sun in the patio area so I hung up outdoor LED grow lighting to help extend the lighting. Worked well but then it rained near continuously ruining the crop.

Almost went with a greenhouse but decided against spending the dollars and then maintaining yet another outdoor structure.

I grow the good stuff indoors in soil and hardly any other nutrients with repotting and some cal mag. Usually it’s me causing some light stress, over/under watering, etc but all turns out well.

B

Budclarkson

Update on the NL1 - it died. Didn’t go anywhere. I believe it never recovered trying to spin itself around to come up. My error putting it in the starter pot. A rush job 😜

NL2 looks good. Normal germination. I just threw it in the tent.

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
That had a good root there was no reason for it to die unless the root tap dried out

It would of even survived you digging it up the only reason would be as said.

When you dug it up it wasn’t replanted properly someone mentioned it looked like it was lying on top of the soil and looking it did witch would explain how the root dried out

Bilber

Bilber

Hey Bud......clones.....my environment sucks ass....no joke.....I maintain it as best I can....

With that said.....my first clone off a plant is usually the top.....I just did 2 tops about a week ago or so....1 Kush Mintz and 1 O.G. Kush Limited Edition.....they are still barely hanging on.....the mothers went in flower....bout 5 days in flower, I took 2 more clones of each plant.....they have already rooted.......

WTF......all I can say is this.....I have little control over the environment.....some clones take in my area, and then there are some that don't like it.....

Once you get it down, it's easy.....the getting there is trial and error....

Make sure the medium is always moist, not soaked.....if the clone is standing, don't spray it.....if it's drooping, spray it......

I'm sure this wasn't any help, but it's more of a don't stop trying type of thing.....

B

Budclarkson

That had a good root there was no reason for it to die unless the root tap dried out

It would of even survived you digging it up the only reason would be as said.

When you dug it up it wasn’t replanted properly someone mentioned it looked like it was lying on top of the soil and looking it did witch would explain how the root dried out
That picture was before I covered it up. I kept it wet in the pot at all times. If the seed is sprouted and doesn’t come up after planting in a day or two something is wrong IMO.

B

Budclarkson

Hey Bud......clones.....my environment sucks ass....no joke.....I maintain it as best I can....

With that said.....my first clone off a plant is usually the top.....I just did 2 tops about a week ago or so....1 Kush Mintz and 1 O.G. Kush Limited Edition.....they are still barely hanging on.....the mothers went in flower....bout 5 days in flower, I took 2 more clones of each plant.....they have already rooted.......

WTF......all I can say is this.....I have little control over the environment.....some clones take in my area, and then there are some that don't like it.....

Once you get it down, it's easy.....the getting there is trial and error....

Make sure the medium is always moist, not soaked.....if the clone is standing, don't spray it.....if it's drooping, spray it......

I'm sure this wasn't any help, but it's more of a don't stop trying type of thing.....
I used them Jiffy plugs. First time I used those things. What medium do your clone cuttings go in?

I was able to get 2 CBD plant cuttings to root well. The Kush I got two to grow a few roots but not enough to keep it going in the tent. The others no roots off the stem at all. Will try multiple nodes in the ground next time.

Bilber

Bilber

Hey Bud....haha....jiffy shit thingy things and I don't get along.....I've tried um before.....someday I'll give um another shot....

I use peatmoss/perlite 50ish/50ish mix, with an extra scoop or 3 of perlite.....get the medium nice and moist.....cut a clone and plant it....

I do use rooting hormone and mycos....these are not needed, but I've mostly used this way....windowsill clones will root also.....sometimes they don't....

Top Bottom