Here We Go Again! This Time With Magnum Skunk.

• Thread starter Bathtubfarm
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
For some reason the site doesn't recognize my log in info so I had to sign up again. This is bathtubfarmer.
@Orcaman @logic can someone help this gentleman get his login info back

Smegal

Smegal

Well well what did smegal find this morning? I found that I have five Lil babies. Yes 5 out of 6 Lil skunks. Not bad. The one on the far right hasn't rolled out yet but you can see it and I expect it will be by end of the day. I'm hoping one is a male so I can make some more seeds! Odds are good. But we'll see. I topped one of my ldks so as to promote more growth of secondaries. Need more bud sites! I also noticed that my reveging blueberry kush is showing signs of recovery. Got some really Strange growth coming from those buds I left on. My other ldk is doing well but need one more node before I can top it.

20170315 162213
Smegal

Smegal

It's a good thing I'm growing in soil and not hydro! Some nut ran into a PowerLine and my power went off last night. Not only that but it was cold too. I don't think I lost anything because of it, but it is never good to lose power and heat. The lights should be back on soon though...I hope.

Smegal

Smegal

Update. It looks like the power outage may have cost me a seedling. Or maybe a cold draft. But one of my babies isn't looking so good. Time will tell. My largest idk is looking rather good, happy. Doing a bit of Lst on her and topped her largest limbs the other day so she's filling out real good. The other idk is doing well. I attempted to do a FIM cut on her but I'm not sure if I got enough cut. She may need an additional cut in a day or two. The blueberry kush in reveg is coming along nicely. When the weather improves I may put her outside for a bit. The first two mag skunks I started are doing well as could be expected. They seem to be slow, but I understand they will until they get more leaves. Well there we are. Oh yeah, I started a bucket of tea this afternoon. It's already smelling good! The girls will get a treat tomorow! That's all I got for now.

20170316 191751
20170316 191835
20170316 191941
20170316 192009
Smegal

Smegal

It looks like the little bugger is doing much better this morning. I must be doing great something right. The tea I started yesterday is coming along nicely. It has a good froth and smells sweet. I think I'll give them all a good dousing after lunch. Hey toddypotseed, let's see those baby pics. I hope everything came up alright.

20170317 133306
Smegal

Smegal

I have a bit of yellowing in the new leaves on one of my idks. The run off is pH 6.8 and I just gave it a dousing of compost tea. PH of the tea also 6.8. So I think it may just be rapid growth. I'll have to watch it and see if it progresses. All the other plants are in the same soil and get the same treatment. But they are not showing the same yellowing.

20170317 185434
20170317 185408
20170317 185359
Smegal

Smegal

I've been holding right at 6.8 pH and I know that's a little high so I'm going to bring it down to 6.5 and see if that helps any. It could help them pick up more iron. The pump water I've been using has plenty of calcium, iron, and a little bit of sulfur and magnesium.

Smegal

Smegal

It's looks as though one of the mag skunks isn't growing, or growing very slowly anyway.the first two I started are doing fine and two of the three I started after are fine. But the one just isn't keeping up. Maybe it's just a late starter and will catch up. Time will tell. I topped the small idk. It's too early to tell if the FIM cut worked but the secondary growth is coming along well.

20170319 204818
20170319 204837
20170319 204843
20170319 204902
20170319 205839
Smegal

Smegal

I repoted the skunks today. Their roots had reached the bottoms of their cups so they got new homes. The one that was falling behind was traped in the peat cup! I've never seen that before. So it didn't have much of a root. She will stay in her cup for a while longer. I noticed some signs of nutrient burn on the small idk and some on the skunks, so they just got water for now. I think my pH meter is messing up and wonder if my pH is where I thought it was. I'll have to get a new one and make any adjustments needed tomorow. I got the shower base in today. It will make things easier and make the most of the space. I guess I'm not a bathtub farmer anymore...no tub.

20170320 223525
20170320 223353
20170320 223427
20170320 224020
DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
White paint reflects more evenly than that mylar, mylar has hot spots where it reflects more in one spot.

Smegal

Smegal

Well I think my seedlings have a nitrogen deficiency. My pump water tends to be high in pH so I made an adjustment and gave them some nutes. My idk that's showing signs of nute burn , I think it is in need of a pH adjustment as well. But without a meter I can't tell for sure.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
I dont ph the water for my seedlings, sometimes I water them straight out of the tap with no problems. Its best to wait until the cotyledons dry up and die before feeding them.

Smegal

Smegal

They are two weeks old and I thought they, being autos, should be bigger by now. And they were turning bright yellow. When I repoted them they had a lot of roots. The roots were very white and strong. But the yellow had me worried. It's a little early to tell really but one of them looks to be greening up a bit. The other is still droopy but greening as well. The others are fine except the one tiny one. But it too is still alive. It's still too small to see with my phone camera but I can see the FIM cut I made on the small idk took! It's starting to grow. And with the pH adjustment the big idk is growing again. Still looks a bit yellow in the new growth but some of that may be the light. CFL 2700k is a little yellow.

Smegal

Smegal

Someone please help me. I'm using well water which generally runs high ph. I made adjustments using my ph meter and vinager. But then realized my meter was giving me a false reading. Hell it tells me the vinager is 6.8! I can't get another ph tester until the first of the month so I'm ball parking. I'm assuming I may have lowered the pH too much. My chart says that magnisium and potassium are locked out below 6.4 so do I add a little baking soda to raise it back up? Or wait until I can check the ph? What can I do ? Does it look like mag deficiency or maybe something else?

Last edited:
Smegal

Smegal

OK this what I've done to fix my problem. I think I may have lowered the pH too much and have locked out magnisium, so, since my well water is naturally high, I watered it generously with straight well water to raise the pH just enough to open it up to magnisium. I'll give it a few days and watch for changes. Hopefully that will buy me some time to get a pH test kit or meter.

Smegal

Smegal

Damn! I feel like a parent in the emergency room with half of my children in intensive care. By the way, for whoever is responsible that banner at the bottom of the page is a pain in the ass! It's in the way!

Last edited:
Smegal

Smegal

The seedlings are recuperating nicely. And the small idk is also. The tiny one seedling is getting bigger too. The big idk is growing slowly though. I suppose it's a pH issue, but I can't tell yet, still haven't gotten a meter. The blueberry kush is starting to get leaves that resemble pot leaves although they are still distorted. Overall, things are looking up. Not great, but lm pleased.

20170323 152430
20170323 152412
20170323 152349
20170323 152313
Top Bottom