Here We Go Again! This Time With Magnum Skunk.

• Thread starter Bathtubfarm
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Someone please help me. I'm using well water which generally runs high ph. I made adjustments using my ph meter and vinager. But then realized my meter was giving me a false reading. Hell it tells me the vinager is 6.8! I can't get another ph tester until the first of the month so I'm ball parking. I'm assuming I may have lowered the pH too much. My chart says that magnisium and potassium are locked out below 6.4 so do I add a little baking soda to raise it back up? Or wait until I can check the ph? What can I do ? Does it look like mag deficiency or maybe something else?
Does you ph meter have a calibrate button? If so, most come with ph adjusting powder. You add it to a certain amount of distilled water and push your calibrate button with it in the water.

Smegal

Smegal

Does you ph meter have a calibrate button? If so, most come with ph adjusting powder. You add it to a certain amount of distilled water and push your calibrate button with it in the water.
Yes I did that and it keeps telling the same 6.8 I even put it into the vinager and it tells me it's 6.8. And we know that's not right. So I can't trust it.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Have you tried cleaning it with an old tooth brush and some peroxide? Sometimes they get salt buildup arount the little glass bubble that takes the ph readings.

Smegal

Smegal

Looks hungry, what are you feeding it?
Nothing right now. I was giving all the plants compost tea. Right now they are just getting bottled water. My brother is going to take me to the hydroponics store this weekend. I'm going to buy some proper nutes for them. It's a three hour drive there so it's an all day affair.

m8ty

m8ty

Smegal watch the growboss videos in YouTube, they are very informative and insightful, you can search for "grow boss" in YouTube.com and here is one of the videos for you to watch.

Smegal

Smegal

Smegal watch the growboss videos in YouTube, they are very informative and insightful, you can search for "grow boss" in YouTube.com and here is one of the videos for you to watch.
Thank you very much!

Smegal

Smegal

My doctor came out to day for my check up. He was very adiment about me Taki g the b17 vitamins. I ask him why he was so and he told me b17 kills cancer! And the reason I have to take them is because the oil companies had been fracking in this area for many years, which is why no one lives out here. In a settlementwith the ranchers and farmers they bought the properties and then sold them to the government. Nothing will grow using the ground water and it causes cancer! That's why I have a storage room full of drinking water. Which I'm gonna use the hell out of for growing weed. I've been out here for nearly 10 years and nobody bothered to tell me that shit! It's no wonder now why my weed doesnt grow. Yea, I need to up my game but I should be doing better even with what I have. Thank you guys you're the best. I'm thinking about using my mylar to line my grow space to hide my heat signiture from the local barny fife sheriff and get some more equipment!

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
If you are using bottled drinking water it most likely has added salt and minerals for taste which can cause problems. If you have just been giving her water then its N hungry and wants some veg food.

Smegal

Smegal

I have some fish fertilizer, kelp fertilizer, molasses, and some worm dirt. That's all I have until I go Saturday with my brother. I could make a tea with that and bottled water. This water says on the bottle that it's ro. It doesn't say anything else is added.

Last edited:
Smegal

Smegal

Thanks for the tip! It works again. I still don't trust it. But it's working . My pH was all over the place! Some high and some low. But they are all 6.5 now! I made some tea from the things I have, didn't give it much time to brew but I made it in oxigenated water. And the results are fantastic! Everything is growing like mad! I made some adjustments to the Lst on the big idk and sniped a couple of tops to balance the canopy and slow down the runners. I saw something I haven't seen before. It bled a dark ooze that looked like it was bleeding! Is that resin? The small idk got a trim Too. If it all takes, it will be a triple fimed mainline.

20170324 125257
20170324 125235
20170324 124044
20170324 124018
20170323 215421
Last edited:
Smegal

Smegal

What's this? It looks to me like early stage potassium deficency. Going by my feeding chart for the autos week 4 requires some molasses. That may correct it.

20170324 231917
20170324 231957
20170324 232018
Smegal

Smegal

I think i may have it backward. I saw some slight discoloration in the leaves that resemble magnisium and the new leaves are thin and slightly deformed, and the internodal spacing is tight. Also some of the stems are thick. So it must be an excess of potassium. That would also explain why the new leaves have been yellowish. Because too much potassium blocks calcium,magnisium and iron. So the cards are dealt and I'm looking at a straight flush. And even if I'm wrong it can't hurt to clean out some salt and acid.

Last edited:
Smegal

Smegal

Ive been thinking, when I go Saturday to the hydro store. I'll just buy some good soil. This soil comes from my Compost and could contain some bad stuff from the fracking. So maybe some fox farm ocean forest will do better. By the way, the banner at the bottom of the page really makes it difficult to write a post!! Is there anything that can be done about that?

Smegal

Smegal

I didn't get to go to the hydro store yet. There was something going on that visitors weren't allowed in so I'll have to wait until tomorrow or Tuesday to get supplies. Tomorrow starts week three for the first two, and Thursday for the other three. The little one got a bigger cup today and the roots look great. I have never grown autos before so I'm not sure if they are behind or not. But they look good! Starting to see some secondary limbs sprouting on one. In fact all my plants are looking good. I'm pleased.

20170326 175945
20170326 180020
20170326 180030
DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Autos should be started in their final pot and never transplanted to take advantage of their full potential, if they are transplanted, it can start the flower process early and affect final product and yield.

Last edited:
Ignignokt

Ignignokt

Autos should be started in their final pot and never transplanted to take advantage of their full potential, if they are transplanted it can start the flower process early and affect final product and yield.

Good to know. Life is short for autos, they have their optimization genetically programmed. I'm amazed by the autoflower expression in rudderalis land-race and its descendants. Just how did that evolve in a annual species? Was cannabis present in Pangea so it could take a slow ride to the north, requiring this adaption over time? I digress.

I think @DrMcSkunkins has a good point. Unless you have a good rooting stimulator, I could see losing 1-2 weeks with repotting. Shock ( vitamin B1 can help, but not a panacea) and such work against the internal clock in the plant.

Smegal

Smegal

T
Good to know. Life is short for autos, they have their optimization genetically programmed. I'm amazed by the autoflower expression in rudderalis land-race and its descendants. Just how did that evolve in a annual species? Was cannabis present in Pangea so it could take a slow ride to the north, requiring this adaption over time? I digress.

I think @DrMcSkunkins has a good point. Unless you have a good rooting stimulator, I could see losing 1-2 weeks with repotting. Shock ( vitamin B1 can help, but not a panacea) and such work against the internal clock in the plant.
Thanks guys I did the cup to cup thing because I didn't have enough soil for all of them. I originally was only going to start three. But I didn't know the stress thing. When I transplant I tear the cup and slide them into their next pot without any stress. At least I never had a problem before. But those weren't autos either. Live and learn! These are my first autos. But I have 6 mag widow seeds too!

Last edited:
Smegal

Smegal

Does this look like an auto? I've been looking at the leaves, and they look a lot like the leaves on the autos. Three finger leaves, and the sarations are different from the photos I've been growing. When I planted it I just assumed it was a photo. It's a bag seed from some real good smoke my roommate bought. And here I've been training and pruning on it. It is about the same age as the autos. Only a few days older. Maybe a week tops.

20170328 065613
Smegal

Smegal

Well I'm not happy at all! They wouldn't let my Rotherham in and he had to get back home. So he brought me one bag of strawberry fields soil instead of ocean forest, and a pool pH kit. Not enough soil for 5 plants and a pH kit I can't use. Good thing my spike still works. I had to mix some top soil to make enought soil. I got them all in buckets now. But I wanted smart pots, bloom nutes, a bigger light, an exhaust fan and vent hose, carbon filter and some black and white poly. Guys I can not tell you how much I hate this banner!! I set my light back up for the new accommodation and realized this light is shit. I need a much better setup than what I have. I can barely fit all the buckets under it and none of the lights are close enough to the plants. And my photos are just in the light enough to keep them from flowering. I have far too many plants for this setup. I'm making plans to get a larger light and finish the remodeling this coming week hopefully I haven't ruined my grow. Life's lessons are sometimes hard to take, but if I'm going to continue growing I'll have to make a lot of changes. Both in myself and the grow room situation. The autos are looking good though. Getting bigger now. I'm so frustrated! I'll have to smoke something and chill for a few. Things will get better that's for sure. I'll take some pics of the plants later.

Last edited:
Top Bottom