Here's a question about 600w vs 1k

• Thread starter newentown
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
newentown

newentown

Well we shall see about that I suppose. I'm more of a crusher myself..........haters gonna hate!

I really do not care myself. I'm working toward the same thing in ill .....

But I also understand your going against the pro's. Can you compete against a greenhouse run by pro's ? No you can not not with a 600 or 1K not in the long run ....[/quote]
True. I'm also catering to a niche market and only need 200 patients to survive. I wish all the best in your endevours sir. Would never dream of telling you that your gonna get crushed or that you don't have a clue.....

SpiderK

SpiderK

Well you have many peeps on these boards who will catering to said niche market with A+ skills & genetics ......

That markets gonna be tight. Keep those overhead cost down .... Medium, power, bulbs, trimmers, new trimmers, bugs , seen the fucking bug problem / clones last few years ect ..., genetics, humidity, bugs, ...... yield, hermies ......

newentown

newentown

Well you have many peeps on these boards who will catering to said niche market with A+ skills & genetics ......

That markets gonna be tight. Keep those overhead cost down .... Medium, power, bulbs, trimmers, new trimmers, bugs , seen the fucking bug problem / clones last few years ect ..., genetics, humidity, bugs, ...... yield, hermies ......
Truth is we already have and had a very sensible business plan that is the plan. It won't be changing regardless. However I will be doing some crazy things in the r and d lab.

green punk

green punk

Not gonna read it all... Here is how it goes. Sorry if it is redundant. Pretty sure there have been multiple threads that just get tired and deleted ...600 w Horti 90,000 lumens out of the box or 150 per watt. 1000 w horti out of the box 130,000 lumens or 130 per watt . Master blaster 1500 watt 206,000 lumens or 137.3 per watt.
600 w is most efficient bulb period.

Papa

Papa

Supporter
newentown. you're new in town, so let me fill you in.
every few months we get someone new in town who has plans of growing large.
some will fess up to having little to no experience . . . others don't, but their questions belie their inexperience.
they spend a lot of time talking their way through their plans, taking shit from many, and attempting to learn the major issues involved in such an endeavor.
some just disappear. others end up spending bundles of money for some period of time before disappearing.

as i previously said, if you're here asking the sort of questions that you are, you may not have faith in the people who you have running things for you.
now that you're getting into electrical details and who you buy lamps from, it further suggests that this is the case.

what is most concerning about your comments however, is this statement: "I only have 1 chance to get this right."

if your inexperienced hand is in the design, at all, you will not get it right the first time. the only chance you have to get it right the first time is to hire someone who already has rooms, just like what you'd like, designed and running well. even then, there is no 100% sure thing.

the experienced growers on the farm all know this. we've seen those guys come and go for years.

so, again, what i would suggest is that you hire great people and stay the fuck outta their way. but if you can't help wondering why they're making the decisions that they're making . . . do some reading on this forum. many, many months of reading. and if you want to dabble in designing a grow room, start small, six or ten lights. get some experience with all the variables that are at play before laying out real money.

here's a thread to start off your reading:
https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/450kw-large-medi-grow-chicken-barn.32053/

newentown

newentown

Not gonna read it all... Here is how it goes. Sorry if it is redundant. Pretty sure there have been multiple threads that just get tired and deleted ...600 w Horti 90,000 lumens out of the box or 150 per watt. 1000 w horti out of the box 130,000 lumens or 130 per watt . Master blaster 1500 watt 206,000 lumens or 137.3 per watt.
600 w is most efficient bulb period.
Good idea not reading it all. I started a bit of a shit show here! Lol. Thanks!

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
newentown. you're new in town, so let me fill you in.
every few months we get someone new in town who has plans of growing large.
some will fess up to having little to no experience . . . others don't, but their questions belie their inexperience.
they spend a lot of time talking their way through their plans, taking shit from many, and attempting to learn the major issues involved in such an endeavor.
some just disappear. others end up spending bundles of money for some period of time before disappearing.

as i previously said, if you're here asking the sort of questions that you are, you may not have faith in the people who you have running things for you.
now that you're getting into electrical details and who you buy lamps from, it further suggests that this is the case.

what is most concerning about your comments however, is this statement: "I only have 1 chance to get this right."

if your inexperienced hand is in the design, at all, you will not get it right the first time. the only chance you have to get it right the first time is to hire someone who already has rooms, just like what you'd like, designed and running well. even then, there is no 100% sure thing.

i've designed and built houses and i've designed and built grow rooms. i can tell you that the design and buildout of a grow room is at least 20x more difficult than designing and building a 10k sq ft house.

the experienced growers on the farm all know this. we've seen those guys come and go for years.

so, again, what i would suggest is that you hire great people and stay the fuck outta their way. but if you can't help wondering why they're making the decisions that they're making . . . do some reading on this forum. many, many months of reading. and if you want to dabble in designing a grow room, start small, six or ten lights. get some experience with all the variables that are at play before laying out real money.

here's a thread to start off your reading:
https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/450kw-large-medi-grow-chicken-barn.32053/

I like to reflect on @inthegorge at this point who is fucking killing it right now after most of us here talked shit on her.

If I were you newentown I would take a look at new lighting technology, and buy 1k dimmable ballasts. Then you can play with it.

wobbly goblin

wobbly goblin

Scientists EO Laurence Enrico Fermi  II Rabi discuss work on the Manhattan Project

laurence, fermi and rabi at los almos circa 1943
talking shit about newentown einstein
"fuggin wannabe thinks he can blow shit up"
"what a wanker"
"hahahaha"

i'd like to see history unfold

fwiw

sixstring

sixstring

I like to reflect on @inthegorge at this point who is fucking killing it right now after most of us here talked shit on her.

If I were you newentown I would take a look at new lighting technology, and buy 1k dimmable ballasts. Then you can play with it.
i was gunna say the same thing,everybody was on her ass about how it was way over her head and look now all systems go lol.and whoever said building a grow op is harder than building a house well,that fuckin silly talk,and yes i built some grow ops. heres a better link to the barn grow without all the fighting :) https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/chicken-barn-project.32584/

T

toquer

.and whoever said building a grow op is harder than building a house well,that fuckin silly talk
Kinda gotta agree...

I've built 4 ops now in the past 3 years. This one is smaller than my last and it is for sure the best one i've built so far. It wasn't a tough build and we had our rooms up and running in 18 days. but now i'm down to the studs on 1 of 3 units i'm remodeling and i'll have to say that building the grow op is a cake walk compared to building a house.

take the shit from all the shit talkers, find the people who actually have operations and take their advice. only allow people in that have more to lose than you do. keep your friends out of your business.

your farmer will give you all sorts of excuses as to why the crop didn't meet expectations but if you didn't give him everything he needed to get it done the fault only falls on your shoulders.

but who the fuck am i to be talking i've only got a small grow.

https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/toquers-grow.61219/

Papa

Papa

Supporter
i'm of the opinion that folks like inthegorge (and jack may be the best example) are extraordinary. they have a unique combination of relevant experience, intelligence, and drive . . . in addition to desire. not everyone has this. i can't count the number of people with big plans that i've seen crash and burn on internet forums. can anyone?

and don't get me wrong, i'm just trying to be real. i can't think of a single grower who successfully pulled off a 50k grow on the first try. pics or it didn't happen.

although i love the bongo shot, i'm not sure about the analogy. einstein in the years before 1920 developed the theory of relativity, and did the early work on photon theory and particle theory. he won the nobel prize in 1921. if you wanted to create an atomic bomb, he was kinda your go-to guy, for the theory, at least.

and i'm with ya wobbly goblin, i wanna see how this unfolds.

S

ssteely71

There are a certain percentage of the population who are capable of doing anything they put their minds to. Some even run before they walk.
I wish you the best of luck. Because that is what you will need to pull your plan off, UNLESS your grower is ALREADY a MASTER. One who can easily upscale his already dialed in system to a large commercial application AND work out the kinks and problems as they are sure to arise. If you only have 1 chance to get it right and several families livelihoods are on the line it seems ridiculous to me to jump in full speed, full investment.

It would seem that you would know what kind of lights you need if you were remotely connected to such an actual op, or that your " grower" would already have a preference.

#1) 8" ceilings + 50 1k non hooded lights= major heat issues.

#2) 100% indica strains take longer to veg = bigger medium + bigger veg area+ more consumables used(fert/power)

#3) All Chiefs + no Indians = bad.

#4) Friends + business = worse.

"Haters hate movers and shakers and big bud makers."

Proof is in the pictures !

wobbly goblin

wobbly goblin

although i love the bongo shot, i'm not sure about the analogy. einstein in the years before 1920 developed the theory of relativity, and did the early work on photon theory and particle theory. he won the nobel prize in 1921. if you wanted to create an atomic bomb, he was kinda your go-to guy, for the theory, at least.

and i'm with ya wobbly goblin, i wanna see how this unfolds.

don't dig too deep into facts or timelines
the post was in humor to lighten the mood

fwiw

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

I like to reflect on @inthegorge at this point who is fucking killing it right now after most of us here talked shit

Hold on, cap. That amazing lady has done WORK, but 'killing it'??! She has not even flowered anything yet that I've seen. Just a grip of scraggly veggers...

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

Hold on, cap. That amazing lady has done WORK, but 'killing it'??! She has not even flowered anything yet that I've seen. Just a grip of scraggly veggers...
Ugh, that came out all hater-y. I wish her luck, but I'd say the jury is still out as to the success of the plan. She certainly rocked it out when it came to dealing with the liquor board, etc. I'd say she's doing superb for the size of the project she took on as well.

sixstring

sixstring

Ugh, that came out all hater-y. I wish her luck, but I'd say the jury is still out as to the success of the plan. She certainly rocked it out when it came to dealing with the liquor board, etc. I'd say she's doing superb for the size of the project she took on as well.

Haha, I knew what you meant.and as cap might have overstated with killing it, she is doing a fantastic job up to this point. But flowers pay the bills not the veggers ;)

Papa

Papa

Supporter
sometimes on this intranet thingy it's damn hard to communicate what you mean without sounding like you're a hater, ass, or idiot (or all three). i've been practicing, but seems to be about as difficult as hitting 4#/ for me.

Top Bottom