Here's what I do .... any comments?

• Thread starter TheTommyK
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Interesting ... I get Tea now. I am guessing that this is controlled alot less quantitatively.
something to try for sure ...

OK new question;
I have the space to house 48 ladies for bloom. In the past, I have don SOG with 6 weekly. I am growing a set that takes 8 weeks of flowering ... So I could do, 6, weekly, perpetually, or should I do 48 at once .... or even 24 every 4 weeks?
The reason I ask is that I had been doing 6 weekly ... and the down side to that is that if one or 2 of the plans were moderate bloomers ... the yield was weak. I am wondering if this evens out with larger numbers or at very least "lessens" the blow.

I am leaning to 24 a month.

Thoughts?
I have NEVER done perpetual, that takes great organization, so props to you for that. I have done SOG and, due to my back problems, generally prefer that. However, I fill up the space under those lights best I can, I do 3'x3' trays, 32plants/tray. That does, I think, help 'even out' those plants that don't produce so well, but it also presents some problems if not monocropping (running all the same strain) with specific regard to FEEDING. My answer to that was different strains in each tray, which limits me to two strains/indoor run (when I'm running indoors).

I've gotta be honest, my mind is a bit confused trying to work out your numbers. I am truly mathematically declined. I'm also lazy and my back hurts, so anything that offers me a break between grows is a good thing in my book, which means I'm leaning towards 48 plants at once.

TheTommyK

TheTommyK

sorry for the looooong delay.
So if I plant 6 plants week one, 6 plants week two, and so on .... by the time I get to week 8 (the time it will take for the plants to be at harvest) I can harvest the week 1 plants, THEN plant the week 8 plants ... so 6 (plants) X 8 (Weeks-Rows) = 48 Plants total. SOG..... right?
I think I may do 24 every 4 weeks though. so 24 week one, wait 4 weeks and then on week 5(start) plant another 24 (now my space is full) and then let another 4 weeks go by ..... to be harvest time for the first 24. rinse and repeat .... or is that shampoo?

TheTommyK

TheTommyK

OK ... back to my first kinda question ..... Here is the feed guide for the DNF suite of products. It is what the local hydro store offers primarily.

What i really wanted to know was can I mix them together so I don't have to measure it all out every time. SOOOO..... if you look at the chart, for week 3 to 7 in the bloom section, can I mix together the DNF A,B , DNF Bloom Fortifier, DNF CarboLogic, DNF Black, and DNF Gold, in the proper proportions so that I would ad 100ml of "Mixture" to 1L of water? now I do understand that some of them are powders and some are liquids .... so Hypothetically .... could I mix these all together so I can have ONE mixture to add to water to make it easier on myself?

View attachment nutrient feed schedule.pdf
TheTommyK

TheTommyK

I am starting to realize that my question is because i do not mix up a big batch of water/fert every time. I am assuming that larger grows are mixing up 100'sL at a time, .... I mix 20L at a time, so i would like to add one fert "mixture" to my 20L container of water .... I hope that clarifies things.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
sorry for the looooong delay.
So if I plant 6 plants week one, 6 plants week two, and so on .... by the time I get to week 8 (the time it will take for the plants to be at harvest) I can harvest the week 1 plants, THEN plant the week 8 plants ... so 6 (plants) X 8 (Weeks-Rows) = 48 Plants total. SOG..... right?
Um... you are FAR more organized, mentally, than I on this. It's making sense when I read it!
I think I may do 24 every 4 weeks though. so 24 week one, wait 4 weeks and then on week 5(start) plant another 24 (now my space is full) and then let another 4 weeks go by ..... to be harvest time for the first 24. rinse and repeat .... or is that shampoo?
Wait... what? Yes, I'll have another, thank you.
OK ... back to my first kinda question ..... Here is the feed guide for the DNF suite of products. It is what the local hydro store offers primarily.

What i really wanted to know was can I mix them together so I don't have to measure it all out every time. SOOOO..... if you look at the chart, for week 3 to 7 in the bloom section, can I mix together the DNF A,B , DNF Bloom Fortifier, DNF CarboLogic, DNF Black, and DNF Gold, in the proper proportions so that I would ad 100ml of "Mixture" to 1L of water? now I do understand that some of them are powders and some are liquids .... so Hypothetically .... could I mix these all together so I can have ONE mixture to add to water to make it easier on myself?
In theory it sounds good. I know I see plenty of HUGE tanks already mixed at the edges of fields, obviously they're fertigating. What I don't know is whether or not the mixture is concentrated and then mixed with water at a manifold, thus diluting to proper ratios. Ya know what? If it's not terribly expensive, why not try it one run? The only products I would take some care with in doing that are those with organic molecules, any kinds of sugars, for example. If aminos, I think they can be relied on to not only remain stable, but not provide a bunch of easy food for cheap microbes.

TheTommyK

TheTommyK

Thanks for the feedback. I am going to the store this afternoon to see what the guy there says about mixing. I am picking up some more nutes today, so maybe I will try.

TheTommyK

TheTommyK

DSC 0078

Some of the New lil misses...

spacebomb

spacebomb

Looking killer bro:-) i LOVE it when the lil ones look LIKE them:-) nice job man:-)

spacebomb

spacebomb

My shops JUST GOT THIS LINE IN:-). ITS CHEAP ASWELL:-) i only glanced but they had about 4,diff things? Maybee more! Im gonna use them on my NEXT RUN. IF YOU USE THEM, ILL BE HAPPY TO RUN THEM:-). GOOD ONE.

Cort

Cort

Are you asking if you can take all your nutes, mix at concentrated strength and store that, so instead of 10ml of this and 5 ml of that and 5ml of the other you can just go to one bottle and take 20ml out to add to your gallon of water?

No, it dont work that way. Some nutes are bottled separately because they dont play well with others at concentrated levels. You will have "fallout" where some parts of the nutes will bind with other parts and become unusable to the plant. Ever see a cloud of white when adjusting PH or adding silica? That is fall out happening before your eyes.

spacebomb

spacebomb

LIKE why you can get 1,part, 2,part, and 3,part nutes eh:-). Cos the SULPHUR cant mix with magnesium or sommet :-). And can turn your liquid nutes into a SOLID MASS! :-). HAHAHA. :-) I know wot u mean mate im just not so great at putting it into words :-)

spacebomb

spacebomb

Most defo not bro. Your nutes WILL Go FUCKED UP IN U BRO :(. HONEST, THEY ARE BOTTLED SEPERATE:-) TRY EVEN MIXING SOME PURE GROW WITH PURE BLOOM. IT TURNS, BAD, YOU MIGHT EVEN GET A HUGE BANG:-) AND FLAMES IF YOU DO THAT THO :-). SERIOUS, bad idea mate eh:-)

TheTommyK

TheTommyK

bubba kush, from greenhouse seeds mothers.
thanks for the heads up on the newts. The guy at the hydro source store said the same thing. I should have known, because if you could have, somebody would have!

spacebomb

spacebomb

Haha. Nice1 mate. IF U COULD SOME ONE. WOULD:-) LOL. GOOD .FUCKING IDEA THO BRO:-)

Latest posts

Top Bottom