Hi All!

Hi all. Just joined. I am looking for any and all advice. I am growing for pleasure...money isn't an issue either for buying weed or for buying equipment but more or less I am just trying it out.

I am a month and a half into my grow. I bought a 36x36x72 viparspectra grow tent and 2x300w LED full spectrum Viparspectra grow lights. 200cfm fan.

I have just "random" seeds that I am working with while I work on the craft. I have blueberry kush and Bruce Banner seeds waiting to be terminated once this trial run has finished.

The part I will get flack from: I am using miracle grow soil and have miracle grow 20/20/20 nutes but haven't actually started yet. I am considering buying boutique soil and nutes for the purchased seeds.

These pics were before I did some pruning...I feel I went overboard. I will post pics from that later.

Anyways nice to meet you all!

Should say:

70-75f and 50-60Rh (usually 60ish when lights go off)
18/6 lighting schedule

The smaller ones are week and a half younger but seem to be lagging relative to the larger ones.

Guys - I am thinking that the top fan leaves on this plant are interfering with my shoots growing. Should I prune these top ones? Will this negatively affect the amount of photosynthesis needed to continue growing or do you think there is sufficient "second gen" smaller fan leaves to make up the difference ?

Leaves are the engine and stored fuel that gives the plant the energy for the bud’s you’re hoping to harvest, trim all you want, at your peril...but that’s just me.

Welcome to the farm, btw.

Hi welcome to the farm, I noticed you pots / bags are sitting on tent floor , if you can get them up off floor by creating a air gap under them will aid in better drainage and keep roots warmer that aids in plant health , Dan is right leave the leaves alone they are the most important part of the plant . O d

Hi OD thanks for the feedback. I actually have styrofoam under the bottom fitting to aid in insulation. Temp on the floor never gets below 65f or so at night time. I'm actually hitting right in the sweet spot for temperature right now...grow tent is in a pretty well insulated garage in Southern Ontario. In the dead of summer it may be a bit too warm in there.

Thanks OD! I haven't used any nutes yet as I have been transplanting and adding new soil but I think the time of nutes is coming soon.

Does anyone know why miracle grow suggests 10% the nute loading for indoor plants vs outdoor plants? Do they assume smaller pots?

Guys - I am thinking that the top fan leaves on this plant are interfering with my shoots growing. Should I prune these top ones? Will this negatively affect the amount of photosynthesis needed to continue growing or do you think there is sufficient "second gen" smaller fan leaves to make up the difference ?
I agree, leave tespecially the top ones.
Thanks OD! I haven't used any nutes yet as I have been transplanting and adding new soil but I think the time of nutes is coming soon.

Does anyone know why miracle grow suggests 10% the nute loading for indoor plants vs outdoor plants? Do they assume smaller pots?
i wouldn’t trust anything MG says, but margins for error are so different indoor vs outdoor.

Scotts Miracal Grow makes General Hydroponics, Botanicare, and Mother Earth brands. Standard MG has been making quality buds before any of the new brands. It may not be the greatest, but it works,
I've grown some great plant's using MG ...i think the main reason i quit using it was it made my smoke taste like shit but as i found out by reading this forum there's ways around that like flushing and lighter soils less organic's in the soil ect.....but still some think MG is evil...lol...it's a nice cheap alternative