Hi All!

• Thread starter HelluvaJC
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
HelluvaJC

HelluvaJC

Hi all. Just joined. I am looking for any and all advice. I am growing for pleasure...money isn't an issue either for buying weed or for buying equipment but more or less I am just trying it out.

I am a month and a half into my grow. I bought a 36x36x72 viparspectra grow tent and 2x300w LED full spectrum Viparspectra grow lights. 200cfm fan.

I have just "random" seeds that I am working with while I work on the craft. I have blueberry kush and Bruce Banner seeds waiting to be terminated once this trial run has finished.

The part I will get flack from: I am using miracle grow soil and have miracle grow 20/20/20 nutes but haven't actually started yet. I am considering buying boutique soil and nutes for the purchased seeds.

These pics were before I did some pruning...I feel I went overboard. I will post pics from that later.

Anyways nice to meet you all!

Hi all
Hi all 2
Hi all 3
HelluvaJC

HelluvaJC

Should say:

70-75f and 50-60Rh (usually 60ish when lights go off)
18/6 lighting schedule

The smaller ones are week and a half younger but seem to be lagging relative to the larger ones.

Brotofsky

Brotofsky

Have fun with the grow. If you take natural light photos it’s easier for the awesome pros in here to diagnose possible issues.

HelluvaJC

HelluvaJC

Will do! This is my tallest one in the previous photos as of two days ago. I just topped it.

Received 690099988482465
HelluvaJC

HelluvaJC

Guys - I am thinking that the top fan leaves on this plant are interfering with my shoots growing. Should I prune these top ones? Will this negatively affect the amount of photosynthesis needed to continue growing or do you think there is sufficient "second gen" smaller fan leaves to make up the difference ?

Dan789

Dan789

Leaves are the engine and stored fuel that gives the plant the energy for the bud’s you’re hoping to harvest, trim all you want, at your peril...but that’s just me.

Welcome to the farm, btw.

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Hi welcome to the farm, I noticed you pots / bags are sitting on tent floor , if you can get them up off floor by creating a air gap under them will aid in better drainage and keep roots warmer that aids in plant health , Dan is right leave the leaves alone they are the most important part of the plant . O d

HelluvaJC

HelluvaJC

Hi OD thanks for the feedback. I actually have styrofoam under the bottom fitting to aid in insulation. Temp on the floor never gets below 65f or so at night time. I'm actually hitting right in the sweet spot for temperature right now...grow tent is in a pretty well insulated garage in Southern Ontario. In the dead of summer it may be a bit too warm in there.

IMG 20200523 211220
IMG 20200523 211207
IMG 20200523 211005
IMG 20200523 210955
IMG 20200523 210946
IMG 20200523 210933
IMG 20200523 210729
IMG 20200523 210721
IMG 20200523 210710
One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
That sounds great keep up the good growing plants are looking marvellous....👌

HelluvaJC

HelluvaJC

Thanks OD! I haven't used any nutes yet as I have been transplanting and adding new soil but I think the time of nutes is coming soon.

Does anyone know why miracle grow suggests 10% the nute loading for indoor plants vs outdoor plants? Do they assume smaller pots?

Brotofsky

Brotofsky

Guys - I am thinking that the top fan leaves on this plant are interfering with my shoots growing. Should I prune these top ones? Will this negatively affect the amount of photosynthesis needed to continue growing or do you think there is sufficient "second gen" smaller fan leaves to make up the difference ?
I agree, leave tespecially the top ones.
Thanks OD! I haven't used any nutes yet as I have been transplanting and adding new soil but I think the time of nutes is coming soon.

Does anyone know why miracle grow suggests 10% the nute loading for indoor plants vs outdoor plants? Do they assume smaller pots?
i wouldn’t trust anything MG says, but margins for error are so different indoor vs outdoor.

Foutwenty71

Foutwenty71

Scotts Miracal Grow makes General Hydroponics, Botanicare, and Mother Earth brands. Standard MG has been making quality buds before any of the new brands. It may not be the greatest, but it works,
I've grown some great plant's using MG ...i think the main reason i quit using it was it made my smoke taste like shit but as i found out by reading this forum there's ways around that like flushing and lighter soils less organic's in the soil ect.....but still some think MG is evil...lol...it's a nice cheap alternative

HelluvaJC

HelluvaJC

How much difference a week makes. I topped the girl and immediately she began shooting up with two at the top. I think I may top those ones highest again. Thoughts? Do folks usually have to top multiple times?

IMG 20200528 203243
IMG 20200528 203302
IMG 20200528 203306
IMG 20200528 203313
HelluvaJC

HelluvaJC

This is a three day old pic but this is my other lady in the tent. I have three outside. This one refuses to grow taller and is just a beast bushing outward. No big deal as I have two viparspectra lights in the tent and can adjust Heights but it is unreal how opposite these two are. The bushy one is just over a foot tall and also a foot wide haha.

These are all just random seeds. I have Bruce Banner and blueberry kush from growers choice seed bank in Toronto. Can't wait to try them after this indoor harvest.

IMG 20200526 191853
IMG 20200526 191727 01
dire wolf

dire wolf

This is a three day old pic but this is my other lady in the tent. I have three outside. This one refuses to grow taller and is just a beast bushing outward. No big deal as I have two viparspectra lights in the tent and can adjust Heights but it is unreal how opposite these two are. The bushy one is just over a foot tall and also a foot wide haha.

These are all just random seeds. I have Bruce Banner and blueberry kush from growers choice seed bank in Toronto. Can't wait to try them after this indoor harvest.
Miracle grow also ? Send them a pic , maybe they will use it on their bag product label 😁

HelluvaJC

HelluvaJC

Haha yessir it's all miracle grow.

The only downside to Mg I'm finding is the amount I have to water it. Then again I'm likely not watering enough as I'm being over conservative. The plants droop considerably for an hour or three but shoot right back up after three hours post watering. Is this normal for all kinds of soil or is my soil not draining enough? Either way it seems I'm doing alright but always looking to improve.

Latest posts

Top Bottom