hidhut Supernova vs 2 HGL 126 panels

• Thread starter bigkuz68
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
meangreenmartian

meangreenmartian

straight killed it bro, never seen so much resin concentrated in one area. Going to be asking santa for some LEDs to try this christmas!

R

red_eye

Snowcapped trees. LOVE IT! I have to try it sometime soon!!!

Enjoy! Cant wait to see the dried nug pics.

-Red

S

strophish

Is the "snow-capping" a result of the light or pheno? I want it!!!! +R

B

bigkuz68

its definately not the pheno... ive had this with different strains. thanks all for positive vibes

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
I'm actually starting to notice the same snow cap developing on one bud site in my Round 6 Test grow. Very interesting to see calyxes covered with so many trichs that they appear white, must be one of the wavelengths is more focused than another, as this particular bud is getting direct and intense light... :thinking

V

VAPOUR

It's light bleaching shady lilzayne has the same thing in his garden.

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Thx for the confirmation VAPOUR... I saw Lil Zayne's Chemdog #4... Yep def light bleached in my LED Test grow on a couple of the tallest colas and these tips are exactly 6" from the glass on each 126W Penetrator... :itwasntme

B

bigkuz68

its trichome density. dont fear it. i havent seen lilzaynes, shady your pics i cant see close enough to see where your talkin about. but no light bleaching exists on my plants. light bleached tips would not compare to BHO in potency. these do. ive shown pictures close enough to show the trichomes piling on top of each other, with green underneath. if pictures arent proof enough, well, just keep using HID.

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
its trichome density. dont fear it. i havent seen lilzaynes, shady your pics i cant see close enough to see where your talkin about. but no light bleaching exists on my plants. light bleached tips would not compare to BHO in potency. these do. ive shown pictures close enough to show the trichomes piling on top of each other, with green underneath. if pictures arent proof enough, well, just keep using HID.
Thx for the comment bigkuz68... I have no problem with the panels compared to HID... I just need to learn how to grow with them. New shots are posted in my journal... Maybe you could show me the way... :itwasntme

B

bigkuz68

94g of prime buds
DSC01427

DSC01428

30 to 40 grams of popcorn i turned to hash oil.
DSC01430

DSC01431

be on the look out for the next test... which will actully have the supernova. co2 generator is being implemented next round. as well as aero instead of hydro.

Crysmatic

Crysmatic

crazy quality, but poor yield. doesn't sensi star yield close to 1 g/w under hps? it seems LED is still more of a novelty than useful tech.

you could argue that a small closet would benefit (low heat) but it's the small setups that would never see the electricity savings. i hope as LED's evolve, and more people adopt them, they'll eventually meet hps price point.

L

LEBDOG

30 to 40 grams of popcorn i turned to hash oil.
View attachment 90278
View attachment 90279

be on the look out for the next test... which will actully have the supernova. co2 generator is being implemented next round. as well as aero instead of hydro.

Very nice grow and good yield! Very impressive. Oil is the way to go with the corn...

That oil is a little icky looking though, have you used refined butane? I use Vector or Power 5x and get sick almost clear oil. Have you read the BHO thread here on this site?

B

bigkuz68

i dont use butane or alcohol. i do icewater extraction, boil the water off to vapors. melds trichomes together like the butane or alcohol extraction, without the cost or hazard. i dont like pressed water hash as much as oil.

L

LEBDOG

Thanks

i dont use butane or alcohol. i do icewater extraction, boil the water off to vapors. melds trichomes together like the butane or alcohol extraction, without the cost or hazard. i dont like pressed water hash as much as oil.

Gotcha, drrr me! If that was BHO then I was like, hmmm. But since, drrr me, hmmm myself!
Thanks for your efforts with the LED. I am gonna take a crack at it and appreciate your model.

B

bigkuz68

no problem lebdog. good luck with your led venture. it is rewarding... ive cut my grows electrical usage in half, while expanding size at the same time. ive converted a 10x10 room to all led and aeroponics (as soon as the last dirt plants finish). its cooler with a room full of leds than when i had 2 1ks. less fans. less noise. less ac. i only mess with the reservoirs once a week, if that.

on a side note, plants for the next round are being prepared, as well as some finishing touches on the ebb n flows i converted to aero. the test should begin soon, just waiting on the water cooled co2 burner to finish up the sealed room. the supernova has a new ballast and is operating properly. each side will have 2 plants. og #18.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Man good thread. The only thing is I see you having to increase your plant number quite a bit to get the yield. I think these lights are choice for scroging. That seems to be the winner with them.

The only thing is These posts have been edited so much when you come in later its hard to read because you have people answering questions and talking about posts that are non existent or have been hacked to death. Its like watching fox news for the scoop on a story lol.

Top Bottom