High Iron in well water???

• Thread starter basscaptain
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
basscaptain

basscaptain

Post says it all, I'm starting to think my well water has a lot of Iron in it, how will that mess with seed and young ones???? I have not tested my water but I think I will soon, I was watching erics dogs for 2 days and they have lived here 2 yrs, I asked him why there was so much rust around he said it was from the coal mining back in the day they just dropped a ton of sh.t in the ground around here so our water is high in Iron......... ty I know the answer in buying water BUT WTF I don't really want to buy water that just Pisses me off................... Buying water when you have a well sucks azz

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

i got same problem,i started this thrash can grow outdoors ,lost first 2 plants in it,third kicked off and running then bam,so changed the water,which was act of congress in a tressil,so changed out water,walked off came back later in evening and the damn leaves were turning yellow,so ph was 8.5 ppm was 1700,wow i said,so dumped out new mix and made another batch in the 33 gal can,came out on the hour all night,just did what it wanted and never went under 8.5,so at midnight i ran down to the local water machine filled 6 5gal bottles with ro water,came back dumped the stuff and mixed all my nutes at 5.8 ppm 1000 and said screw it if this doesnt work,came back out next morning ph was 5.8 ppm 1000,what i said,so checked it all day,on the hour,temp sored to 104 that day and it had stabilized and plant went green again,lost only 2 leaves on the whole plant,@Aqua Man knows his shit and he is my mentor for the water and saved the day,that watermelon plant is now climbing the tressil so fast it has about covered the kitchen window hahaha.
so that said i feel you on bottle water,now i know im lucky,the ac is in the attic and condensation pipe runs down to the basement thru 3/4 in pvc i collect it and feed my plants that they love it,my water source and aqufer is lime base and the plant really let you know that,so if you wont to grow weed you got to getrdone bro it that simple,in mining country i wouldnt even collect rain water if you dig,here is another thought for you ,boil a barrel of the water and cover it with a lid,that boil most unwanted shit out,your well ,my well suck all there is to it,great for our bodies but not our plants,suck it up and roll if you dig.
another method is as old as the world,gravel sand charcoal,put all in a barrel and filter the water works for old school and extreme work,but shol enough gets the job done,you know me never spend money unless you cant fix it,fix it bromatter chip lmao

basscaptain

basscaptain

Yes sir this morning I came out and on the meter I know they're not the best. but it was sitting around 6 and I watered them with my well water , been out doing stuff and everything came back .... I'm pegged so that's probably a lot of my reason why my beans are having a hard time popping.... I'm going to have email the seed bank I got these from and say, I'm sorry because I got in there s*** pretty f****** heavy and I don't think it's all their fault oops my bad.... oldschool got your other replys before they got pulled... I'm very lucky....
20190914 103901
20190914 103838
20190914 103952
20190914 104011

basscaptain

basscaptain

ty I'll get one and go from there it will help the pups if nothing easy:) Oldsch.... yes I'm very lucky..... I live about 14 miles from a town with a few thousand, and then 35 miles or so to a city or 2 big, so I have both worlds.... when you pull off the payment 2 miles back and hit dirt , it's like going back to the 50's here....... Mans word is a mans word.... help each other when in need and etc... I love it here .......

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yeah DI will reduce the ppm to about 1-2 ppm. The 3 stage will bring it down to about 10-15ppm. I don't think there is a need for DI cartridge but it definitely doesn't hurt. It usually needs replaced most often. The carbon filter you won't need to replace since you don't have chlorine or chloramine in well water. Sediment, RO membrane and DI cartridge would all benefit you

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

What the ppm is your well water a cheap RO unit would probably suit you well. You don't even need one with a carbon filter. Just hook it up to the tap. Even something cheap like this.
you know im going to look into this,just for our drinking water,every 3 weeks i have to fill all my bottles a pain in the ass,1.75 for 5 gal aint bad ,but the headache of doing it on a regular base is if you dig,im still looking into a 5k water storage tank ,there not cheap ,but with 7 in family it couldnt keep up on the reg pressure tank,i can water my bottom garden for about 20 min and the tank is empty,from listening to all yall,i think i want a filter or softener coming into the house and will run another line from tank for watering the garden if you dig,still dwelling over all of it,money dont grow on trees in bills ,pot fruit and such money does hahaah

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

ty I'll get one and go from there it will help the pups if nothing easy:) Oldsch.... yes I'm very lucky..... I live about 14 miles from a town with a few thousand, and then 35 miles or so to a city or 2 big, so I have both worlds.... when you pull off the payment 2 miles back and hit dirt , it's like going back to the 50's here....... Mans word is a mans word.... help each other when in need and etc... I love it here .......
doesnt it surprise you how you think the old ways of past are gone and wasnt worth shit when you lived it,i tell folk all the time if you think the world is shit,just drive 40 miles from town and you will see who the beast really is,the woods is were it at friend

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

doesnt it surprise you how you think the old ways of past are gone and wasnt worth shit when you lived it,i tell folk all the time if you think the world is shit,just drive 40 miles from town and you will see who the beast really is,the woods is were it at friend

I could never go back to live in cities or even neighborhoods. Just the traffic and waiting in lines depresses me now.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

I could never go back to live in cities or even neighborhoods. Just the traffic and waiting in lines depresses me now.
i feel ya,mama has to make me go into town,i got my 2 gardens ,45 deer,8 babies and this family on 2.5 acres,my world,dont even want any thing else,it is amusing going to the store though,kinda free entertainment if you dig,even old ass folk walking around texting or face in one ,dont even see what goes on around them,hahahahh wal mart is my favorite place,some strange critter be digging the wally world,hahahh i dont go into stores,im old man and sit in car and watch the show hahahah

basscaptain

basscaptain

I'm dieing right here with my pups at some point in life the city life is over ..................... it took me about 8yrs for the market to come back were I could sell and buy what I have now after moving back to ca to take care of Dad, he passed in 11 ..... you can Keep the rude azz people in a hurry to do nothing but sit in traffic for half of there life.... FU.K That

ps. just got back from town lol we got water for a few days LOL

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

i feel ya,mama has to make me go into town,i got my 2 gardens ,45 deer,8 babies and this family on 2.5 acres,my world,dont even want any thing else,it is amusing going to the store though,kinda free entertainment if you dig,even old ass folk walking around texting or face in one ,dont even see what goes on around them,hahahahh wal mart is my favorite place,some strange critter be digging the wally world,hahahh i dont go into stores,im old man and sit in car and watch the show hahahah

Honestly we dont live that isolated. Just the house is. A half hour to forty minutes away is a bigger town with a wal mart and stuff. A farm community mostly but with a growing younger generation.

I stay out in the woods mostly but i live in a lake subdivision.

Only 15 minutes to our local little food market and we have a dollar store and the gas station has the best chicken. :)

Madbud

Madbud

Post says it all, I'm starting to think my well water has a lot of Iron in it, how will that mess with seed and young ones???? I have not tested my water but I think I will soon, I was watching erics dogs for 2 days and they have lived here 2 yrs, I asked him why there was so much rust around he said it was from the coal mining back in the day they just dropped a ton of sh.t in the ground around here so our water is high in Iron......... ty I know the answer in buying water BUT WTF I don't really want to buy water that just Pisses me off................... Buying water when you have a well sucks azz
I sold water filters for years. Theres two types of iron, ferrous leaves rust colored stains on plumbing fixtures. Theres also bacterial iron that is more like a slime in the water. An expensive iron filter uses up to a cubic yard of clay to trap the iron but a cheap sediment cartridge filter will also work. Just buy a dozen filters at a time and change it every couple weeks.

basscaptain

basscaptain

I'm going to have mine tested after talking to Eric today, he wants to have his redone when the leaves are down.... He put in a system after having his tested at TU

basscaptain

basscaptain

well I did a fast test on the water and I came up with this
alkalinity 240 plus
ph 4
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 5
Copper0.6
Iron0.3- 0.5
Hardness 40

Top Bottom