High Iron in well water???

• Thread starter basscaptain
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
basscaptain

basscaptain

back in ca my water out of the tap was better then bollte,I grow outside next to the grass and vegs, I would put tap water in my fish tanks and use the tank water for plants, they also got grass feed and weed and NEVER had a Problem .. this is all new to me.... you have a well and your screwed..... untill you do something to it... LOL sometimes live just suc.s balls////LMFAO

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
back in ca my water out of the tap was better then bollte,I grow outside next to the grass and vegs, I would put tap water in my fish tanks and use the tank water for plants, they also got grass feed and weed and NEVER had a Problem .. this is all new to me.... you have a well and your screwed..... untill you do something to it... LOL sometimes live just suc.s balls////LMFAO

Don't feel bad I had well water come out at almost 900ish ppm in 1 spot. Used to order RO filters by the box and had to run 2 prefilters. After all the the GPH suuuuucked.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I agree with @cemchris. You want maybe 100-150ppm if your going to use it. You can stretch the filers out by mixing RO with well to get that but if you have the unit and the water is free I don't see any real reason other than having the filters last longer to just using 100% RO.

basscaptain

basscaptain

I agree with @cemchris. You want maybe 100-150ppm if your going to use it. You can stretch the filers out by mixing RO with well to get that but if you have the unit and the water is free I don't see any real reason other than having the filters last longer to just using 100% RO.
give me a link to what I need ......... Please TY :)

basscaptain

basscaptain

I'll do the whole test with this also
20190916 133102

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

The I would just 3 stage RO no DI needed carbon filter is not an issue so you won't have to replace it. Really only the sediment and RO membrane is all you need. How many gallons of water a day do you need? And what's your price point?

basscaptain

basscaptain

me and 18 dogs and etc. if I water everything like the grass with the well, and just use it for the pups and trees, 20 - 30 gal a day maybe???? $$$ I want it to last....
I said I wanted to spend around 500.00 for a tent and light set up.... 3 tents and light setups later I blow the 500.00 out the window bro.... I just want to do it right 1 time .......

Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

This is a better unit than I linked last time. This brand has has many decent units if you want one for drinking and total purification including destruction of microbial life this one is a good option but not necessary for plants.

https://www.amazon.com/Home-Master-...+Reverse+Osmosis+System&qid=1568690093&sr=8-3

I'm not sure what your water pressure is like but I'm assuming you will need a pump and these models have one.

The first link does 50gal per day and the second will do 75gal per day
https://www.amazon.com/Home-Master-...+Reverse+Osmosis+System&qid=1568690093&sr=8-9

basscaptain

basscaptain

ok I have a ?? and it's going to sound stuid to some but I just want to know right off the bat... can I use the same filters in diff units??? so the bottom line is can I buy a case of filters and use them in 2 diff units??? I want to put a cheap unit outside like solcaplummer has, that way I can just hook up the pups water line to it and still have a tap outside also... and then the one I order from Aqua Man link inside ..... I just need to know if any brand filters will fit each other?? ty ty ty

basscaptain

basscaptain

This slop sink is 10-12 years, old you can see how clean it is that's how clean my water was in California.
I've got two of them one for my shop and then one for the house, my house isn't going to be next to my shop. right now I'm in my shop living as I build my house, my shop is like 24 by 60 and it's metal building so I want to put a unit up here also. That way I can run water for the dogs and they're drinking tote water for the garden and stuff and then the unit that I just bought will go down at the house
20190917 090723
20190917 090717
20190917 090833

Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Several are interchangeable but not all. As long as the dimensions of the filters is the same they should work.

basscaptain

basscaptain

Several are interchangeable but not all. As long as the dimensions of the filters is the same they should work.
so I would be better off to buy the same filters from the same brand filter?? I got the 2nd unit you link for the house, i'll just keep it simple and buy the other 1 for the shop/pups and use there filters...ty ty ty again

Top Bottom