High THCV strains and breeding them

• Thread starter TripsRabbit
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Decarbing and curing are 2 separate things completely.

You have to have a decarb somewhere in your edible process or you would get zero effect.

As far as this testing goes, there is no significant difference in cannabinoids fresh, freeze dried, air dryed, and cured for a month or 6 months if taken from the same bud. Curing will naturally decarb as the carboxyl group decays over months, but not even close to what you would consider decarbed after 2 years. Think of it this way if you found an old bud from 5 years ago and ate it raw, would you get high?

no i know all that. The baking muffins in the oven completes the decarb.

im suggesting the flowers have something from time that is lost in the early decarb process. @Kanzeon made it more clear about the terpenes though.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I don't think you would get high smoking it either unless it was frozen for four years.

lighting it on fire instantly decarbs it.

Also for eating it it decarbs some in the digestion process as well.

We ate weed in edibles for many years before anyone put fresh bud in an oven.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

True enough, poor performer after that much time.

My point was that chemically I think it is highly unlikely that THCV comes out of a solid cure. Sparks just don't jump that far.

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

You have to have a decarb somewhere in your edible process or you would get zero effect.

Make yourself a raw fan leaf smoothie sometime and see how you feel afterward. I know theoretically it shouldn't be psychoactive, but I can promise you that it is!

Not gonna lie, they're also pretty tasty. Rinsed fan leaves, ice, sugar, water, blended into a smoothie. Come to think of it, it's not that much different from drinking the water used to make bubble hash, which will also plant a person firmly on the moon for a while.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Make yourself a raw fan leaf smoothie sometime and see how you feel afterward. I know theoretically it shouldn't be psychoactive, but I can promise you that it is!

Interesting, I've never heard that sort of claim before. I wonder how that was possible?

Skeptik

Skeptik

Interesting, I've never heard that sort of claim before. I wonder how that was possible?

Concur. I'm skeptical that undecarbed fan leaves, that by their nature have few, if any, trichomes, could be psychoactive. An interesting claim, though.

growsince79

growsince79

Not gonna lie, they're also pretty tasty. Rinsed fan leaves, ice, sugar, water, blended into a smoothie. Come to think of it, it's not that much different from drinking the water used to make bubble hash, which will also plant a person firmly on the moon for a while.
I can eat a gram of fresh kif 60% thc and feel absolutly nothing. If I cook it for 20 min at 250f it makes 4 strong doses.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

it decarbs in our body. I come from a science family. I love science. But scientists focus on a point and overthink things sometimes i think.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

So I went with @MIMedGrower and got Eye Hortiluxe Enhanced HPS bulbs for all 3 fixtures. Be here next week.

wait! You take credit for that decision. Although i do like them better than the ushios i just replaced. Horty’s are expensive now. Hope you didnt change out good led lamps.

best prices at grow more in michigan now.

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

Yeah, me neither. I started doing it last year when I had a plant that smelled like ripe melons and ended up stupefied and glued to the couch for a few hours. 😄

I think this is one of those things where the science just hasn't figured out what's happening.

@growsince79 agreed, it makes a difference in the overall potency. I'm just saying that there's something that science is missing because (and please try it for yourself) fan leaf smoothies are like Wu Tang- nothin' to fuck with.

Skeptik

Skeptik

I'd like to hear your thoughts on this. I'm an electrical engineer in my other life and could build any form of light that exists in electrical parts.

As I say, I'm just getting started on these topics so IANAE, but my understanding is that Emerson can increase yield and flower initiation can speed up flowering. I wouldn't turn down either, but it's challenging to tease out accurate info.

I've read that flower initiation only requires ~5w/m2, but Emerson is a balance between 660nm and 730nm, so not sure where to start. I plan to add maybe 4 x 730 nm LEDs from Alibaba and run them 5 min before, and 10 min after lights out to shorten their dark cycle. It;s supposed to knock a week of of flowering time, and since I have to use a shoe horn to complete 3 indoor grows a year, a week shorter for each cycle would be huge.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

As I say, I'm just getting started on these topics so IANAE, but my understanding is that Emerson can increase yield and flower initiation can speed up flowering. I wouldn't turn down either, but it's challenging to tease out accurate info.

I've read that flower initiation only requires ~5w/m2, but Emerson is a balance between 660nm and 730nm, so not sure where to start. I plan to add maybe 4 x 730 nm LEDs from Alibaba and run them 5 min before, and 10 min after lights out to shorten their dark cycle. It;s supposed to knock a week of of flowering time, and since I have to use a shoe horn to complete 3 indoor grows a year, a week shorter for each cycle would be huge.

Well I think I will just stick with the new HPS bulbs and maybe supplement with UV on this run, but maybe we can dream something up and be ready for next tent.

I'm thinking I might try to run some panda plastic down the middle of a plant and only expose UV to half.

TripsRabbit

TripsRabbit

Well I think I will just stick with the new HPS bulbs and maybe supplement with UV on this run, but maybe we can dream something up and be ready for next tent.

I'm thinking I might try to run some panda plastic down the middle of a plant and only expose UV to half.
Most of the cheap quantum board grow lights like viparspectra have uv diodes.

growsince79

growsince79

Yeah, me neither. I started doing it last year when I had a plant that smelled like ripe melons and ended up stupefied and glued to the couch for a few hours. 😄

I think this is one of those things where the science just hasn't figured out what's happening.

@growsince79 agreed, it makes a difference in the overall potency. I'm just saying that there's something that science is missing because (and please try it for yourself) fan leaf smoothies are like Wu Tang- nothin' to fuck with.
No offense but I have tried that in my early years and it doesn't work for me and tasted like shit. Back to the subject of thcv though, I do know sativa leaves can make very potent oil and indica doesn't. Some of the best equatorial sativas get you high smoking leaves, where as indicas do not. IDK if its because of thcv or something else. Just my personal experience.

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

Yeah, I didn't account for the indica/sativa dichotomy. When thinking about that, it's entirely possible that the THC in narrow leaved strains is higher or somehow more accessible than from indicas. There's a lot we don't know.

Top Bottom