High THCV strains and breeding them

• Thread starter TripsRabbit
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TripsRabbit

TripsRabbit

OK, I'll do a quick one here and get into details via email if you want to go deeper.

Yes, DMSO will push just about anything into your body thru your skin. So you have to be careful. Please don't anyone try this without proper understanding, and this post will not be that.

Silicone Band aid layer
DMSO layer
Layer or layers of what you want in your bloodstream

If you bought 99.9% pure CBD in white crystal form and wanted a time released long and steady dosage of it all day long, this is for sure the best way to go. An example application is motion sickness meds are most often delivered transdermally for this exact effect.

I get my 3rd layer (the one going in your bloodstream) from multiple sources. Primarily it has been from

I have recently acquired a short path and should have it set up very soon, just waiting on one more part. That will lend itself more to carts.

Tinctures made from freeze dried weed --> ethanol --> RotoVap result in nearly 100% of the original cannabinoids and terpenes (best estimate 95%) however unless you decarb they are non-active, so we mix decarbed (most terpenes evaporated) with undecarbed in a tincture to get the whole plant up in ya. Go up slower, don't get as high, and lasts longer. This is a really good method if sleep is what you need.

Basically, when dealing with chronic pain, you want a low baseline dose of a few things going in all day, then you can treat acute pain (when it happens less often) with vaping or similar "normal" methods.

That's a bit of it, now I gotta get back to bringing this tent back online. I got AC back!!!!!! 40* today!
I could really benefit from this method. I use cannabis multiple times a day because it doesn't last long. This would help me cut back a little maybe.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
I could really benefit from this method. I use cannabis multiple times a day because it doesn't last long. This would help me cut back a little maybe.
While edibles are nowhere near as evenly distributed, they definitely last longer than smoking. I basically have a baseline of edibles going throughout the day that I "top off" with bowls. Nowhere near as precise nor healthy as what @Moe.Red is describing, but it does work.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

While edibles are nowhere near as evenly distributed, they definitely last longer than smoking. I basically have a baseline of edibles going throughout the day that I "top off" with bowls. Nowhere near as precise nor healthy as what @Moe.Red is describing, but it does work.

i follow the same protocol on bad pain/cramping days. Plus as an added benefit i get to feel like a stoned tripping teenager when i toke on top of our edibles. Especially if toking on a nice mixed salad.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Thanks @Skeptik !!

Skeptik

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
A thought: have you tlc tested sugar leaves vs floral material?

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

i follow the same protocol on bad pain/cramping days. Plus as an added benefit i get to feel like a stoned tripping teenager when i toke on top of our edibles. Especially if toking on a nice mixed salad.

There are problems with edibles that drove me away from them. But yes, they are long lasting.

Transdermal does not require liver involvement or a conversion to a different molecule. Also we found edibles
dosage to be willy nilly based on her body chemistry that specific day. What she had eaten, level of hydration, etc.

Also, when you decarb the weed to make it edible you lose most of the terpenes, and therefore spam.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
No, but that's not a bad idea. I can throw that in next time I don't have a full plate worth of samples.
I'm interested in part because they have primarily different trichome structures, right? Could be exactly the same re: ratio of different cannabinoids.....could not be....i mean we know it's overall less but if you are concentrating it anyway......

Just something to check.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

I'm interested in part because they have primarily different trichome structures, right? Could be exactly the same re: ratio of different cannabinoids.....could not be....i mean we know it's overall less but if you are concentrating it anyway......

Just something to check.

Yeah when you get away from the bud you get into cystolithic trichomes mostly. Never thought to look there. I don't know that I have ever seen them amber.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

There are problems with edibles that drove me away from them. But yes, they are long lasting.

Transdermal does not require liver involvement or a conversion to a different molecule. Also we found edibles
dosage to be willy nilly based on her body chemistry that specific day. What she had eaten, level of hydration, etc.

Also, when you decarb the weed to make it edible you lose most of the terpenes, and therefore spam.

We dont decarb when making infused coconut oil for baking. Instead we use well jar cured 6 month old close bud leaf trim and small or loose buds. The only decarbing is oxidizing in the jar and the heat from the stove boiling and oven baking.

Its the recipe from the jorje cervantes book actually.

You can taste the weed but it is smooth and compliments the baked goods. Not like fresh material. And not a flat boring high like decarbed material.

Honestly i think most of the modern procedures to prepare concentrates seems to lose something in transition. Maybe its the forced fast decarbing?

Just like breeding/ growing for short flowering time and high thc. ;-)

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

We dont decarb when making infused coconut oil for baking. Instead we use well jar cured 6 month old close bud leaf trim and small or loose buds. The only decarbing is oxidizing in the jar and the heat from the stove boiling and oven baking.

Its the recipe from the jorje cervantes book actually.

You can taste the weed but it is smooth and compliments the baked goods. Not like fresh material. And not a flat boring high like decarbed material.

Honestly i think most of the modern procedures to prepare concentrates seems to lose something in transition. Maybe its the forced fast decarbing?

Just like breeding/ growing for short flowering time and high thc. ;-)

Probably high in CBN. But you lost plenty in that 6 month cured weed already. Hell you lose a TON just in air drying. Can't be helped.

The best way to consume it is the one you have access to.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Probably high in CBN. But you lost plenty in that 6 month cured weed already. Hell you lose a TON just in air drying. Can't be helped.

The best way to consume it is the one you have access to.

i havent tested the product i use for infusing but what i have read is maybe 30% of the thc converts in the jar in 6 months. There is not much lost in that time properly stored.

I will say this. My patients eat a lot of dispensary edibles during the week and say they enjoy them but most wont even try a second muffin from Mrs. MMG. The first one scares them they say its too much.

I eat one to get work done. :-)

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

i havent tested the product i use for infusing but what i have read is maybe 30% of the thc converts in the jar in 6 months. There is not much lost in that time properly stored.

I will say this. My patients eat a lot of dispensary edibles during the week and say they enjoy them but most wont even try a second muffin from Mrs. MMG. The first one scares them they say its too much.

I eat one to get work done. :-)
I'm sure your tolerance is off the charts.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I'm sure your tolerance is off the charts.

the year i stopped smoking weed was my sickest most painful and stressful year.

My point was i dont think much cbn is created. Cant sleep on our muffins till the end.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

OK growers and testers, inquiring minds of all shapes and creeds, day 1 is here for our new test bed. 80 gallon total system.

I'm working with @Aqua Man to come up with the bio and nutes for this test, but I am open to all ideas. Generally I run pretty low nute concentrations. These plants get so big so fast in this system that you will kill them with "normal" nute levels.

What is next is to put together the testing regimen for UVA and Far Red. I can control all 4 lamps individually and have them come on and off any number of times a day in 1 minute intervals. @Milson I'd love to hear your thoughts here if you don't mind, as well as any others who want to have a little skin in the game.

We will need to establish the following as well

PH
Res Temp
AC setpoint
RH Setpoint (willing to look at automating a VPD calculation and adjusting based on leaf temp on the next grow)
CO2 PPM
DLI / PPFD / Spectrum --> All light parameters

Time to get our calculators out growers!

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Here are the applicants for the job of feeding these plants. Only the righteous few will be selected for service.

This is a new method for me, any pointers would be appreciated. I've got my environmental setpoints and nute schedules mapped out in my head but I'd rather hear other's input before I post my ideas.

Nutes

BTW - all of the biologics have Bacillus amyloliqefaciens in them. Everyone raves about Hydroguard, I was surprised by that.

TripsRabbit

TripsRabbit

Here are the applicants for the job of feeding these plants. Only the righteous few will be selected for service.

This is a new method for me, any pointers would be appreciated. I've got my environmental setpoints and nute schedules mapped out in my head but I'd rather hear other's input before I post my ideas.

View attachment 1094287

BTW - all of the biologics have Bacillus amyloliqefaciens in them. Everyone raves about Hydroguard, I was surprised by that.
Those amounts are for transition from veg to bloom. You wanna start with one tsp per gallon for veg plants.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
OK growers and testers, inquiring minds of all shapes and creeds, day 1 is here for our new test bed. 80 gallon total system.

I'm working with @Aqua Man to come up with the bio and nutes for this test, but I am open to all ideas. Generally I run pretty low nute concentrations. These plants get so big so fast in this system that you will kill them with "normal" nute levels.

What is next is to put together the testing regimen for UVA and Far Red. I can control all 4 lamps individually and have them come on and off any number of times a day in 1 minute intervals. @Milson I'd love to hear your thoughts here if you don't mind, as well as any others who want to have a little skin in the game.

We will need to establish the following as well

PH
Res Temp
AC setpoint
RH Setpoint (willing to look at automating a VPD calculation and adjusting based on leaf temp on the next grow)
CO2 PPM
DLI / PPFD / Spectrum --> All light parameters

Time to get our calculators out growers!
Can you measure just red light vs far red light? If so, i would try to mimic the ratio found where the plant is from.....hang on there is a paper for this.

Top Bottom