High THCV strains and breeding them

• Thread starter TripsRabbit
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TripsRabbit

TripsRabbit

For the people thinking of buying novarine seeds.
I popped 3 novarine, all 3 popped, one was slow growing.
I put the two faster growing ones in flower and they both hermied. The last one is still small in veg.
This is in my flower tent, about to cull it.
CM210802 111935005

UPNorth906

UPNorth906

According to what I've received, the Diet Durban THCV strain has a high potential for hermaphroditism. Seedsman emailed me and offered a replacement. I germinated 8 of the Diet Durban seeds that will be flowered out shortly. I'm planning to keep a close eye on any hermaphrodite characteristics. Also will take tissue cultures and submit samples for lab testing of any cultivars that exhibit adequate growth characteristics
Screenshot 20210820 020516 Outlook

Beach_Bum

Beach_Bum

Anxiously waiting for a smoke report on the Diet Durban.
Does it actually trigger in loss of appetite or is this all in someones imagination?

UPNorth906

UPNorth906

Anxiously waiting for a smoke report on the Diet Durban.
Does it actually trigger in loss of appetite or is this all in someones imagination?
I'll certainly give a smoke report but it is the lab reports that I'm going to be most interested in. Empirical evidence has so much more weight than a subjective smoke report. If you've never tried a high dose of THCV, I can confirm it is appetite suppressant and quite anxiolytic. Seems to be even more anxiety inducing than THC in certain individuals prone to panic attacks. At low doses, THCV is a CB1 antagonist and counteracts the effect of THC or other molecules with affinity for that receptor. At high doses (i.e. Doug's Varin, THC Victory, hopefully Diet Durban) it does just the opposite and elicites "speedy", racy, sometimes panic inducing highs.

Beach_Bum

Beach_Bum

I'll certainly give a smoke report but it is the lab reports that I'm going to be most interested in. Empirical evidence has so much more weight than a subjective smoke report. If you've never tried a high dose of THCV, I can confirm it is appetite suppressant and quite anxiolytic. Seems to be even more anxiety inducing than THC in certain individuals prone to panic attacks. At low doses, THCV is a CB1 antagonist and counteracts the effect of THC or other molecules with affinity for that receptor. At high doses (i.e. Doug's Varin, THC Victory, hopefully Diet Durban) it does just the opposite and elicites "speedy", racy, sometimes panic inducing highs.
I think I'll plan a winter project with it, then give it a try. Labs must be expensive for a hobbiest, approximately how much do they charge to assay a sample?

TripsRabbit

TripsRabbit

Update: Every high ThcV strain bean that I popped hermied on me in early flower. No room for those in the tent, guess I'll have to keep trying.
Didn't someone say something about all the hard work being done already?
Nevermind, probably just me.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Update: Every high ThcV strain bean that I popped hermied on me in early flower. No room for those in the tent, guess I'll have to keep trying.
Didn't someone say something about all the hard work being done already?
Nevermind, probably just me.
Something you are doing is causing stress on them. Thats why they hermie. Get rid of the stress and they should grow normally, but no guarantees. Hermies are genetic freaks.

TripsRabbit

TripsRabbit

Something you are doing is causing stress on them. Thats why they hermie. Get rid of the stress and they should grow normally, but no guarantees. Hermies are genetic freaks.
I am growing multiple strains, not all went herm, just novarine and Varins G. Like 7 or 8 plants total, I really think it's the landrace self pollinating genetics of the high ThcV strain.

Narsbars

Narsbars

I stumbled across this thread late so I've had to catch up, but this topic is of high interest to me. I'm a hydro grower in a legal state and I've been on the hunt for THCV for a couple years. It's been frustrating. I've grown out Durban Poison from Dutch Passion, but it it appears it's been so heavily worked for THC that there's not much THCV left. I have a jar of fem seeds to share if anyone is interested.

I also grew out a Malawi (Ace) last spring, but was somewhat disappointed. It was a beast of a plant, but little 'V' as far as I can tell. I'm currently focused on Wild Thai (WoS) which is one of the few strains that mentions THCV in it's description. I've grown out 2 fems and they both definitely deliver a speedy buzz, but still not the level I'm looking for. Currently in the process of producing fems of the Thai.

There was discussion early in the thread re: THCV production being dependent on genetics or environment. I can say unequivocally that there is a strong genetic factor. Environment may regulate production through epigenetics or operon binding, but cells can't just think up a new metabolic pathway. You need the genes.

I'm happy to share experience and/or genetics related to THCV. Let's keep this thread alive!
I have grown Durban in a greenhouse......monstrous plants, had to tie it sideways the length of the greenhouse 12 feet. Very THCV.

Narsbars

Narsbars

I have been able to extract a very small amount of THCV from my plants so far. To date I have lost 36 pounds in 2.5 months. That is not all THCV, I am also doing keto, it is really just a helper to get me thru any rough spots to keep me on track. For that use, it is effective, no doubt.

I find that even in small quantities it immediately energizes, and removes all appetite. It burns off fast, and only is good for about 45-60 minutes. And I get that "overcaffeinated" feeling at about 5 minutes that lasts for 5 minutes. It does not intoxicate (me) in small quantities on its own.

If I am successful in producing in qty, I think a transdermal application is what I intend for dosing. We use DMSO and a silicone band-aid for that.

I have 2 extended family members with diabetes. Once I get this all nailed down, I will be working with them on an extremely small scale clinical trial to see what is real and not about these THCV claims. Based on what I have read and experienced, I am very encouraged.
Can you share the dosage and the preparation? I have some THCV isolate and no idea how to prepare it.

Top Bottom