High Times Disp Cup April 2 & 3

• Thread starter mysophilia
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
eyecandi

eyecandi

judging was a 2 parter. HT peeps 'assisted' Colorado judges (patients) over the course of the past week, but there was also a voting card for general patients (not sure if/how these were used though).

technically smoking only in the seperate (but adjacent) building, had to be a redcard holder and they gave you a special red bracelet for access to that area. once in, it was FILLED with smoke. most places were sampling cup entries ..... you didn't even need to smoke though, just breathing was enough to stone you for hours.

true grit

true grit

What was wrong with the BHO? not purged?

I would say to say the least. Not sure wtf some of these people are doing or exactly what solvents they are using. Plenty of not purged enough but also some questionable extraction Im assuming...some bizarre ass residue taste/effect on the lungs.

Tripsick

Tripsick

I would say to say the least. Not sure wtf some of these people are doing or exactly what solvents they are using. Plenty of not purged enough but also some questionable extraction Im assuming...some bizarre ass residue taste/effect on the lungs.

Ick that sucks

true grit

true grit

The worst had to be the booths doing sampling on a large scale. You could tell they just buted, light purge and straight to the masses...sure thats what they do most the time anyways. Some had nails and pads they were using.

We were smoking out folks with an Essential vape and bute torch, most had nails. Probably some of the better oil/wax was just tossed on bowls. And pretty sure I saw some cameras in there.

Tripsick

Tripsick

I think i heard NatGeo was there... cant wait to see the shit they come out with.

Dr. Evil

Dr. Evil

3 sections......one was a retail (glass, t shirts, shwag) no smoking
second was the smoking section where all the dispensary booths were and third section was the public speaking forum (no smoking)
This show had the whole shabang.... good weed, bad weed, cool cats, douchebags, etc etc...
I myself was pleasantly surprised by some of the questions and conversations i had with some heads. I thought for the cup just getting its cherry popped it was a decent event. Obviously lots of stuff to improve on, but for being its first run here...it was ok.
There were a lot of key speakers at the function that where greeted by a large quite crowd that listened and participated in the forums.
Im not trying to sugar coat the event...but i certainly dont think it did more harm than good.
All i know is mostly every bowl and joint "I" got passed was some real nice dank....im a heavy smoker...and was still amazed by how much smoking actually went down.

eyecandi

eyecandi

3 film crews on site - National Geographic, G4 (attack of the Show - look out for the 420 Special ... you'll see a lot of us) and MTV/VH1 filming Gemma (or however you spell it)- what a fuckin joke .... I've got some great stories on that one ... poor girl is going to get herself in some serious troubles and she is making the Alternate Medicine world look like a joke --- I'd honestly like to see her out of business because of it. I'm not a hater, but her antics REALLY pissed me off (and several organizers).

I got a chance to talk to Warren afterwards also (glad he is my lawyer) and from his perspective it went off pretty well. Cheeba Chews kinda caused an issue on day one - sampling out their 10x chews .... c'mon, really guys?!?! -- dose folks with 1x, most are not used to high strengths and it caused some early issues, but was quickly worked out. No real incidents with the Denver po-po, they stayed clear of the smoking area (pre-planning they were heard joking ahead of time .... 'don't go in there unless you have your redcard ... snicker-snicker' .... so they were cool. very nice guys to talk to as well). good peeps, douchebags, good weed, bad weed, funky oil (no BHO for me after day1 ... same as others' experience) .... it was still fun

some kinks to work out for next time, but mostly minor issues. like DE said ... a good cherry poppin event :)

I

IronLung D9

Thanks for that Larry OG Evil! was the best meds I put in my pipe all weekend.. I meant to come track u down and burn one but the booth was non stop crazy busy.. while I can respect everyones issues with the cup I think it was amazing.. Everybody bitched ab kushcon because there was no meds, high times should be thanked for throwing a convention that actually allows dispensaries to pass out a lb of bong hits, vape hits, and oil hits.. there was very very good herb being passed my way all day, the most common phrase I heard was.. "can u believe how cool this is, did u ever think u would see the day?". Sure the awards were slow and a test of everyone patience.. but once again who cares about that? It was great to see so many folks and pack em a bowl.. was a great weekend, hope they come back next year 2x as bigg.. If kushcon doesn't add s medicating area I think they will fail rapidly..

Edit: I guess someone backed there truck up to the grow bot and drove away with it!? how do u steal a semi trailer parked right next to the medicating area.. guess everybody was too stoned to realize someone had the balls to just back up hook her on and bounce! Shitty!?

Tripsick

Tripsick

How was the crowd? was it impossible to get to certain booths or a lot of shoulder to shoulder bumping into each other?

Dr. Evil

Dr. Evil

Thanks for that Larry OG Evil! was the best meds I put in my pipe all weekend.. I meant to come track u down and burn one but the booth was non stop crazy busy..

No worries mate.....im sure ill bump into you one of these days and we'll blaze.

How was the crowd? was it impossible to get to certain booths or a lot of shoulder to shoulder bumping into each other?

Saturday was way more hectic than sunday, and at times, yes it was impossible to get around freely.....sunday was busy as shit but not as crammed as sat.

LeroyBrown

LeroyBrown

Technically it isn't public. More of a [private social gathering and red cards are required for entry into smoking areas. If you arent in you will not be exposed to it,far as I can tell how they did it. I know they been working with MED as far as how to get this thing approved. Kush 818 by all means stop by ACA booth and come smoke some crap with us mang ;)

This motherfucker had some kill BHO....i saw people literally Hitting the bong and dropping to the floor...

true grit

true grit

This motherfucker had some kill BHO....i saw people literally Hitting the bong and dropping to the floor...

Funny, musta been hard to tell who was on the floor from flame BHO or worst BHO ever...I think i had the floories from both. lol.

buffbuds

buffbuds

It was hilarious, how many people paid $105K for that "co2 critical hash extractor" only to have burnt hash that smells like trim in the end..... I put mine away and laughed, didn't want to get attention with a good stash. I got a job offer, and SOOO many people asking for pounds to support their dieing dispensaries. threw those cards away asap.

Tripsick

Tripsick

The HighTimes Medical Cannabis cup Full Spectrum lab results for every entry

And all this info and they leave out the most important part of the test for the Medical Cup. None of these test for Pesticides or Molds but they do have the spot for them

Maybe Next year they will do real testing.

Latest posts

Top Bottom