highland mex. x blueberry

• Thread starter green goose
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
There are 8 packs on right now and have been some on. I got some a while back. But they are there now under Chimera.

C

Chimera

A post from a grower in IC who grew these out... in his own words....

"Hey there Chimera... I'm in the process of cutting down a mighty swath of Guerreroberry, and I just wanted to share my results with you.

I've grown her under overhead HID's three times now, just one or two plants in the corner of a perpetual garden each time. It was the never-ending crimp and tie battle each time, with a moderate yield of A+++ smoke. This time I put 11 cuttings in a circle of 3L Airpots around a bare 1K HID, and was rewarded with a bumper crop of monster silvery-blue foxtail bouquets from top to bottom on every plant. You may want to amend your description of this hybrid from "not recommended for indoors", because this plant in a vertical HID setup was an absolute joy to grow and produced some of the most stunning flowers I've ever seen or smoked. The potency of my selected female is off the charts, but in a very kind, friendly way that seems to be quickly disappearing from any sample readily available here in Northern California. You might as well smoke a Quaalude as some of the shit I've seen in the last few years... seems like few people around my area select with their head/palate anymore, just their eyes.

Thank you once again for releasing this hybrid. It is so difficult to find good old-school Mexican genetics anywhere. Our collective may need to build a new extension shelf on top of our existing top shelf, because this herb is truly in a class of its own. I'm looking forward to playing in the F2 like a kid going to Disneyland! I was also lucky enough to be gifted some Flo x (HMxBB) seeds made with DJ's Flo cutting. Now that I see how my selected Mexican Medusa phenotype reacts to a vertical bulb, I can't wait to get down to business with these genetics. I really love my Africans, looking forward to seeing how Mexico and the PNW play with genes from Senegal, Malawi and the Congo!

Maximum respect... Keep up the good work.
- PLHS"

Check out this thread there are good finished pics on pages 18-19
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=79279&

What can I say? I like it a lot. She's on the low end yield-wise, and not everyone has the environment to be able to grow these... I suggest people grow out moms and flower cuttings, or you'll have jungle-bushes taking over your space.

I'm literally shocked that there are still some of the few packs available left up on THCbay... and cheaper than anywhere on the 'net. There aren't many of these left, and inevitably, when they are gone people will kick themselves and cry..... and ask me when more will be available. Never! This is a once time shot in this incarnation. Take advantage now, or forever hold your peace!

-Chimera

M

MariJuanita

This strain sounds simply AWESOME. Preferring a sativa-dominant strain for my own smoke, I have a hybrid I've been developing and growing outdoors for 30+ years with a good shot of "Mexican Highland" genetics.

If the Blueberry pollinated with the Mexican is anything like I suspect, I will be a very happy camper. It sounds like the way to go INDOORS is to grow from clone -- not unlike many Sativa dominant strains.

I need to hurry up and reach 10 posts before these disappear. YIKES!

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
If the Blueberry pollinated with the Mexican is anything like I suspect, I will be a very happy camper.

The blueberry pollen was from the F4 generation (orignal stock unique to DJ Short) and the female side was a select landrace Guererran circa '72 stock.

-Chimera

I started a 10 pack of these and got all 10 to pop. One became tangled and died beneath the soil and one died because it's seed helmet would not come off and when it did there were no cotyledons. But I still consider it 100% germination. I should have went searching the soil for the tangled seedling and I should have misted the seed helmet more often and nudged it a bit. I figured Mother Nature could handle things and she slept on these too.

So I just transplanted the seedlings. They all have 3 and 4 leaf sets. I will be starting a thread. I have been taking pics of seedlings and won't be starting the thread until they are showing sex. That way all the seedling pics are bam, bam and here we go to the grow.

They are up and there will finally be a Chimera Highland Mexican x Blueberry grow on THCfarmer. I am calling them The Blueberry Banditos.

I got high hopes. I want something new, good and different in the stash jars.

P

PoopyCoopy

smoke report and pics

High, i'm new around here and have been trying to post this elsewhere but have had no luck and saw some other bs so i cam here to share this with you guys:

Breeder: Chimera

Lineage if known: Mexican HIghland x Blueberry sativa. I believe its a early 70s Michocan stock crossed with a purple thai leaning male.

Type (sativa/indica ratio): Mostly Sativa if not pure

Females tested: 1

Variation: Pretty uniform ended up with 4 males to 1 female, the males look very similar to each other except the flower times one is early like 10 days the other later like 14-16

Indoor flower period: 10-11weeks, the pheno i have starts flowering early was done around 70 days first cycle. I suspect its good anywhere from 70-80 days ideally.

Outdoor harvest time:

Plant Size/Structure: Tall typical mexican sativa, Huge fan leaves but and very brancy, but has the ability to fill in nicely and grow long slender colas. But flowered at a few inches tall plants will stretch to 3 feet easy.

Ease of Growing (1 = hard 10 = easy) 5, was a real pleasure to grow actually but requires a proper feeding scheduale and looks like it throws a few male flowers about 9 weeks into flower. Will require some future planning and proper timing inthe future but i don't think its really an issue and is something i will deal with if i have to

Ease of Cloning (1 = hard 10 = easy) 9, roots quick and easy

Odor Level medium

GROW Method: dirt

EYE APPEAL

Density Big ole Fluffy 95% pure look sativa spears. You could probably pull individual calyxes off if you wanted to. nice resin coverage. I see a resemblance to high quality modern mexi spears in the looks of the buds but those are few and far between.

Aroma. Buds are not overwhelmingingly strong but break it up and it smells very citrusy with overtones of blueberry. Quite an intoxicating aroma.

COMMENTS: Rolls real well, dry hits are more berry or almost guava tasting.

SMOKE REPORT

Potency: Just about right. Very mellow and relaxed, strong and long lasting but not indica type of heavy but its a tad bit dopey i suppose. I let my girl vapo same and she looked ripped, she doesnt smoke/vapo much but was noticibley impressed and 30 mins later, was like i felt like i took a xanax. She was noticble stoned with blood shot and watery eyes and you could tell was on mexican time.

Taste Still not cured but very tasty, i know taste the blueberry, not as strong as the bb indica from the late 90s (that was more a bb muffin smell) this is more tropical and earthy

Smoothness (1 = harsh 10 = smooth) 8.5 will get better with a cure but extremly smooth no major lung expansion, but the type of stuff i wish i was smoking on the beach with my toes in the hot sand.

Indica Influence slight?

Sativa Influence 95%

Effect Onset (1 = immediate 10 = super creeper) 3 or 4 you feel it quick but it continues to rise. 20 mins after smoking i fell very psychedelic, almost have tracers of colors in my vision but noticeable extremely high feeling in my head. Like im floating.

Duration (In hours) 3-4hrs

Tolerance Buildup (1 = slow 10 = fast) 2-3

Overall Satisfaction extremely pleased, maybe a little tricky to grow in the closet but well worth it, if this is what the famed sativas of the late 60s and 70s where all about then those might have been the best tropical outdoor buds ever known to man. Around here you don't see stuff like this to often. Hazes are around but those are another class of high. I hope to be able to have a jar of this stuff around for a long time.

High Description: well im sitting here in below freezing temperatures on my porch smoking a blunt and i can almost imagine im sitting on the beach in the Yucatan with not a care to the world. Noticeable more relaxed mood and better overall general state of mind. I FEEEL GOOD.

Smell: the room its being burnt in smells amazing.

Taste: extremely well suited for a tobacco leaf, the combo of the leaf and the sativa expression of the bud makes for an incredible smooth and tasty smoke, I taste a lot of tropical fruit maybe a hint or two of sandlewood in the after taste but the smoke in your mouth is more fruity.

Medical Effects: Seems like it would be good for anxiety and depression. I don't know how well it would be for pain and neurological issues. But i feel its more of a mood enhancer then a narcotic stone.

Medicinal Strength 8?

COMMENTS: i wish i had a greenhouse or lived farther south i would love to see this outside in its natural glory. May not be well suited for most indoor growers except those with a sativa passion. but well worth the effort for any true cannabis lover.

KEEPER?
YES

FINAL COMMENTS:
A treat to say the least. Looks like Mexican but has a lot more tropical flavor then your typical mex. Need to figure this girl out but she's sticking around for a bit

Almost mexi
Sexy66
Smallermex
Mexichop1
Mexichop2
Mexispears
Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
Nice report PC. Super stoked to see pics and a report.

How many seeds did you pop, what was the germination rate and how many females did you get?

P

PoopyCoopy

popped half the pack.
the cat ate one and then ended up with 3 males and 1 female.
Still have the other half waiting for some room to start them.

C

Chimera

PC- loved the smoke report brother... really enjoyable reading your words... everyone has their own unique descriptors and way of writing, and yours report truly made me smile.

Tobor.... can't wait to see your blueberry banditos! The best of these nugs could potentially bring peace and harmony to the Sinaloa! It would be great to see those guys all cooperating to produce the finest and bringing it north.... I'm convinced there was something in the 'sativa' imports of the 60's and 70's that positively influenced the US culture during a turbulent and changing political and social environment.... and it wasn't the paraquat!

Everyone should make F2's and randomly post them to mexican villas.... we might be able to influence this war on drugs in ways our 'rulers' simply can't fathom.

Viven de largo los banditos del arándano!!

-Chimera

P

PoopyCoopy

a quick question about f2s
i noticed the males to pretty uniform except for one being quick flowering and one being more normal i guess. I suppose i should use both but if i was to want to do some studding which one would be more ideal?

any thank you chimera for producing these great genetics, i'm glad there a few people still out there with some integrity and love of the plant.

anyway have a nice Christmas everyone i know mine will be red eyed and bushy tailed. :harvest:

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
There were some really, really good mexican weed around back in the day. There was some crappy mexican too but there was some mexican pot that was as good as anything out there.

In your description .... Highland Mexican - The mexican used was indeed a stellar highland guerreran specimen selected from a true mexican circa '73 (if memory serves) landrace population -Chimera

If you remember was it the Green Spears or the Lebanese Upper Mountain (LUM)? What do you remember the high was like of the 73 that made it stellar?

When you did this cross what was your goal. Were you trying to add blueberry flavor to the mexican. Just trying to cut down the flower time of the mexican? Did you think Blueberry would up the potency of the mexican or the mexican would increase the potency of Blueberry. Upping the yield of Blueberry? And did you find what you were looking for when you grew out the cross?

Thanks for stopping by in these threads. I look forward to seeing you stop by my thread when I start it.

Long live the Blueberry Banditos!!

MarijuanaBaybee

MarijuanaBaybee

I started a 10 pack of these and got all 10 to pop. One became tangled and died beneath the soil and one died because it's seed helmet would not come off and when it did there were no cotyledons. But I still consider it 100% germination. I should have went searching the soil for the tangled seedling and I should have misted the seed helmet more often and nudged it a bit. I figured Mother Nature could handle things and she slept on these too.

So I just transplanted the seedlings. They all have 3 and 4 leaf sets. I will be starting a thread. I have been taking pics of seedlings and won't be starting the thread until they are showing sex. That way all the seedling pics are bam, bam and here we go to the grow.

They are up and there will finally be a Chimera Highland Mexican x Blueberry grow on THCfarmer. I am calling them The Blueberry Banditos.

I got high hopes. I want something new, good and different in the stash jars.

helll yeah im subribing to this one hope you find some gems :character0029:

P

PoopyCoopy

can't wait to see what you got tobor.

She likes a decent amnt of nutes, well at least compared to most other sativas.

Flower them small as they get pretty big.

I noticed a pretty uniform bunch of plants in my mix so i know you will find something special in yours. Let me know if you have any questions that might help you out!

H

Highlanderscave

Hey guys whats going on. Was going to start a journal a month or so back with this new Chimera gear that I'm running, but because my pics would not download for whatever reason I kind of bagged it after a bit over here. I apologize for starting a journal and then coming up mia. I hang at riu and I swear I'm the only person over there running your strains bro lol.

I can look up the exact dates but I have 3 HMxBB about 2.5 wks in flower and 4 Calizhar girls and 4 C-4 girls about week in as well. Right now they are chillen with 7 BB bushes, a very special cut that I've had for a few years. I have a couple of bud rooms that run perpetual and put out just shy of an lb/month.

Just wanted to say whats up Chim. Plants all look extremely healthy and robost with telephone pole size stalks on the zhar and c-4s. Started with 32 seeds and had 32 nice plants to choose from!

Have a good holiday and I'll try and catch up over here :)

Highlander

G

Green Supreme

I have trouble uploading too, but only when I forget to resize the pics. Food for thought. Peace GS

P

PoopyCoopy

a few pictures of some clones

The one with the screen is 3 clones in that pot, i think a single cola type of plant would be more ideal.

I think a few in real tight grown like the long one would be great.

Donkeyshow
Mexi
Top Bottom