highland mex. x blueberry

• Thread starter green goose
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

Chimera

Looking good Tobor, as Poopy says try not to get too aggresive with the ferts, she's happiest with a milder diet... and the taste and burn makes up for it if you are going for quality... which I assume you are since these are such a pain compares to more indica leaning hybrids!

Thanks for keeping us appraised.
-Chimera

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
Hello again Chimera. PoopyCoopy already mentioned backing off the N. I was a little heavy handed with ferting them because I been dealing with some nutrient hogs lately. I did back off the ppm for the Blueberry Banditos but they could use even less. They are getting much weaker ppm now and will so from here on out.

nangonug

nangonug

Premium Member
Supporter
Sounds like one to pick up before there all gone. Just 2 more posts and then I could get a pack or 2.

N

Nirrity

Greetings everyone in Chimera forum including the man himself!
a few questions:
1. to make it clear - the father used in guerrero blue was the very same male that fathered TBB, F-13, etc., or it was another male but selected from the same breeding pool?

2. how many plants were run to select guerrero mother?

stay open, spread love

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
This is the description

Highland Mexican - The mexican used was indeed a stellar highland guerreran specimen selected from a true mexican circa '73 (if memory serves) landrace population -Chimera

DJ Short Blueberry - This Blueberry is derived from original Blueberry, an unreleased line that also fathered DJ Short True Blueberry. Chimera was given access to the room in which DJ Short's male selections were made. He chose several individuals personally, as well as the now deceased B130 male that DJ selected himself, and these selections are the pollen donors for the Joint Projects.

Here are pics from day 40. I minimized the N and reduced everything else. I seem to have a BB leaning pheno and a mexican leaning pheno but they are both in the Mex/BB sativa/indica mix range. Neither is very far indica or sativa. One has a fruity smell and the other has a spicy peppery smell.

Day40
Day40b
Day40c
Day40d
Day40e
Day40f
Day40g
Day40h
N

Nirrity

yep i read the description and this is the point of my confusion
He chose several individuals personally, as well as the now deceased B130 male that DJ selected himself

so b130 male were selected by dj short while several others were selected by Chimera but which one finally made its way to pollinate mexican girl? if it only was b130 why to mention these other "several individuals"... that's why i ask

elegant girls you have there Tobor
what was the height when they begin to flower?
please report back on how do bb and mexi pheno compare in terms of high.

stay open, spread love

A

Abob

Tobor, I like your name "Blueberry Banditos" for Chimera's Highland mex. x blueberry.
I grabbed a pack from the bay and am waiting for their arrival.
I'm was hoping to learn from your grow, but I see your thread has stopped.
Would like to see how they finished and here the dues and don'ts also their duration in flower. Its been close to 4 weeks since I sent my package to Spain. I do not know how long it takes to receive my. Hoping soon. I want to pop, sex, and clone for my next run. But without the seeds no can do. Would appreciate your advice on the Purple Banditos grow requirement.
Abob

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
This isn't my thread actually but I haven't stopped. There still flowering. They are just 2 big and branching to drag out for pictures right now. They will be at the end of week 9 (63 days) tomorrow.

Interestingly the sativa looking pheno is probably going to be done at week 10 or 11 but the Indica looking pheno will be at least 13 weeks.

A

Abob

Tobor, I am hoping to learn from your grow of the Purple Banditos. I want to scrog them. That is the only way I have grown. If their grow similar to the Blue Dream this could work out well. I did see there sensitive to over feeding unlike the dreams. I wouls like to stay in touch which would enable me to ask question. If that is OK with you. Just need to know the best way to say in touch. A soon to be Purple Banditos farmer. Abob

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
That's cool!

Long live the Blueberry Banditos!

C

campac medical

hey chimera i gota say from one breeder to another congradulations on making this years HT seed bank hall of fame!!! just like the cannabis cup this is one award all of us breeders would like to get for the hard secections we do on such a wonderful plant!! got to give u props man keep up the good work i havent really tried but one or two of ur genetics before but i gota say for the ones i tried mmmmm.... delicious an vigorous two traits that make a plant great!!!

A

Abob

O' chimera< looking forward to my auction, please advise on a dirrection to take if I do not see it this next week.

A

Abob

O' chimera< lookin` [/QUOTE

If there is any experience i would do without, it would be the experience of none existence. Un believable= knot in the norm. i am just realizing that my life along with many others has and does affect the future. Period".
Hello, sorry about my friend. I completed my end of the lottery and am still waiting for a reasonable response.
please advise response Abob

C

Chimera

Abob I am not sure what auction you are talking about, can you please be more clear?

-Chimera

A

Abob

Chimera, Item: Blueberry x Highland Mexican. Mailed 4-22-2011 in accordance with the payment Instructions. let me know if you need anything else.
Abob

C

Chimera

Abob,

THC farmer auctions are via Logic, not the companies you see listed here with helpdesks. We supply Logic, he in turns runs the auctions and sells the seeds. As such any questions you have about your specific order should be addressed to Logic. I have no details about your auction whatsoever.

best of luck,
-Chimera

A

Abob

Chimera, I will question Logic. The payment $$$ went per instruction to a PO BOX in Spain, that I thought it was you. This is very funky and throws my timing off by another run. Who knows if I will get to grow the "Purple Banditos".

A

Abob

Chimera, Thanks for letting me know what"s going on and how it works. Peace brother

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
Well my Blueberry Bandito grow has come to a finish. I harvested both of them. The sativa looking one finished at 12 weeks (84 days) and the indica leaning one finished at 87 days.

They were both over fertilized the first few weeks. They didn't suffer any leaf tip burn but they were too dark of a green color. I corrected that and they lived on weak 400 ppm feedings over weeks 3 to 8 and lived on plain ph'd water the last 4 weeks. They both used up most of their fan leaves during the last 4 weeks.

They both are very resinated and quite sticky. They both have a fruity smell to them. There are plenty of trichs too which are mostly cloudy with a few amber and some clear ones.

I am only evaluating potency and buzz quality with this grow. I topped them numerous times while under 12/12 so I know the top bud colas formation will be better next run since next time I will have female clones to start with and will scrog to tame them instead of topping. I can predict that they both have the potential to be big yielders because they are going to do as well as stuff I already have and knew how to grow.

I have them drying and will update with a smoke report and some dried bud shots. I am looking forward to smoking something different.

Harvest
Harvest2
Harvest3
Harvest4
Harvest5
U

Ulysses

Ummm... Pretty damned impressive. Yours seem much chunkier and BB leaning- I got something more akin to very hairy Haze bud phenos.

I still have a jar left from that grow! Mouthwatering memorable smoke.

Latest posts

Top Bottom