Hightimes cup in flint?

• Thread starter ftwendy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
slumdog80

slumdog80

I found this on the Patch.

The High Times Cannabis Cup, an event combining a trade show expo with a cannabis competition, will be making a 2014 appearance in Flint, Michigan, say two informed local sources.

There are several Cannabis Cup competitions held in different cities every year, including an annual appearance in Amsterdam. The list of this year’s cities include L.A., Denver and Seattle.

The news comes via two Ann Arbor-area sources that have access to top people in the High Times organization. Rhory Gould of ArborSide told TCC, “As far as High Times goes they’ll be here in Flint July 26th-27th.” A calendar from the High Times organization provided by Gould illustrates a Michigan Cannabis Cup on that date. As with most of the Cup appearances announced on that calendar, no venue was listed for the event.

“Top people at the High Times Magazine staff have told me that the event is almost a done deal,” said Jamie Lowell of Ypsilanti’s 3rd Coast Compassion. Both men confirmed that once the venue is confirmed, an official announcement will be made from High Times.

ftwendy

ftwendy

Is it against the TOU to post any of this info? Didn't seem like it. I'm not trying to step on toes, so feel free to edit

I just spoke with high times and they confirmed the dates above, and also confirmed that a search for a venue is happening now. But none has been picked. HT hopes to attract 100-150 vendors, but didn't have an estimate for how large the venue would need to be. Booth prices haven't been set ($1500-3500 range). Entries for the cup must be through a provisioning center. That way patients can find the winner and have access to the medicine themselves. Also, the ht guys are trying to get a venue that will permit smoking on site...

That's all I know.

joshadelph

joshadelph

Seriously stupid move if they have it in Flint. I've heard rumors it may not be there. No one from the suburbs and the Ann Arbor area will drive to Flint for this. It will essentially be a Flint area only cup. People will drive the hour from Metro Detroit to Ann Arbor for a High Times event, but I guarantee the amount that would drive a hour to Flint for one is drastically lower.

Motarebel

Motarebel

Seriously stupid move if they have it in Flint. I've heard rumors it may not be there. No one from the suburbs and the Ann Arbor area will drive to Flint for this. It will essentially be a Flint area only cup. People will drive the hour from Metro Detroit to Ann Arbor for a High Times event, but I guarantee the amount that would drive a hour to Flint for one is drastically lower.

Ouch! You ever been to Flint? No diff from D so why the badmouth?

2DogWalker

Ill go to flint for sure....a lot easier and just as safe to get out of as the D.. Plus the county has been by far the most publically welcoming to med marijuana since its inception in the state of michigan without question.

From neither city and have worked for long periods of time in each city, my opinion is weighted....

I hope its in flint for the city and the state of Michigan.

joshadelph

joshadelph

I'm in Flint weekly for work, and I'm just saying that people from Metro Detroit won't go to Flint as easily as they would go to Ann Arbor. They've already said they aren't doing it in the city of Detroit, as the turn outs weren't good...so to me it doesn't make sense doing it in another city with a negative reputation. Plus with the laws in Ann Arbor it only seems to make sense, but that is just my opinion on it. Everyone I've talked to down here was very against the idea of Flint, and its not even a distance thing, its a reputation thing.

powerplant

powerplant

I'm in Flint weekly for work, and I'm just saying that people from Metro Detroit won't go to Flint as easily as they would go to Ann Arbor. They've already said they aren't doing it in the city of Detroit, as the turn outs weren't good...so to me it doesn't make sense doing it in another city with a negative reputation. Plus with the laws in Ann Arbor it only seems to make sense, but that is just my opinion on it. Everyone I've talked to down here was very against the idea of Flint, and its not even a distance thing, its a reputation thing.

No disrespect but are "The people" you speaking of are white, are they not? If so I could see some of your point...on the other hand I'm thinking mind your fucking business and you shouldn't have any problems. Not like this shit being hosted in the middle of the hood.

joshadelph

joshadelph

I don't see what race has to do with this? I just don't see how it it such a crazy thought to think it is a better idea for a event to be held in one of the nicest cities in Michigan vs. one of the worst cities in the nation...People who are not from Flint will just see Flint and not know anything about what areas are good and bad (how would you if you didn't live there, or around there?). It isn't a crazy thought, I understand what you all are saying, but what I am saying isn't ridiculous at all.

Top Bottom