Hightimes cup in flint?

• Thread starter ftwendy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
powerplant

powerplant

I don't see what race has to do with this? I just don't see how it it such a crazy thought to think it is a better idea for a event to be held in one of the nicest cities in Michigan vs. one of the worst cities in the nation...People who are not from Flint will just see Flint and not know anything about what areas are good and bad (how would you if you didn't live there, or around there?). It isn't a crazy thought, I understand what you all are saying, but what I am saying isn't ridiculous at all.

To answer your 1st question the majority of "The people" in "Metro Detroit" are white and most won't travel to ANY side of town in DETROIT as is.
So you speaking for them on this forum was out of place (we know they scared as shit), don't tell us tell High Times.

2nd: They same neighborhoods "The people" avoid in there city look exactly the same in Flint Fucked Up....very easy to spot and not get lost. Go looking for trouble it will find you.

ohthatguy8

ohthatguy8

Flint is centrally located it's an hour from the D,AA, lansing, saginaw, bay city, port huron....... Its a straigt shot to grand rapids hell its a straight shot to canada. I think that alone will attract people. The good folks u speak of are the same ones afraid to go to tigers and lions games. It's sad you'll miss out

Prime C

Prime C

Defender of Dank
Supporter
Sounds like July 26th havent seen where at yet. Lush Lighting might know a little more.

ohthatguy8

ohthatguy8

Well i guess i don't need much of a heads up its in my backyard if I miss this its my own fualt. Just wanted to make sure it Didn't fall thru

Prime C

Prime C

Defender of Dank
Supporter
High Times brings their Cannabis Cup… to Flint?
15 Jan, 2014

Two local sources say the world’s most well-known 420 magazine will be bringing their convention and competition to Flint in July, 2014
by Rick Thompson

January 15, 2014

FLINT- The High Times Cannabis Cup, an event combining a trade show expo with a cannabis competition, will be making a 2014 appearance in Flint, Michigan, say two informed local sources.

There are several Cannabis Cup competitions held in different cities every year, including an annual appearance in Amsterdam. The list of this year’s cities include L.A., Denver and Seattle.

The news comes via two Ann Arbor-area sources that have access to top people in the High Times organization. Rhory Gould of ArborSide told TCC, “As far as High Times goes they’ll be here in Flint July 26th-27th.” A calendar from the High Times organization provided by Gould illustrates a Michigan Cannabis Cup on that date. As with most of the Cup appearances announced on that calendar, no venue was listed for the event.

“Top people at the High Times Magazine staff have told me that the event is almost a done deal,” said Jamie Lowell of Ypsilanti’s 3rd Coast Compassion. Both men confirmed that once the venue is confirmed, an official announcement will be made from High Times.

Kirk Reid just before he is announced the winner of the 2011 Detroit Cannabis Cup in the Medibles division

In 2011, Detroit played host to the only Cannabis Cup competition ever held in Michigan. Due to difficulties with the Detroit Police Department the Cup promoters are reluctant to return to the city, and Flint is a great choice to host the event.

There is a thriving cannabis distribution industry in the city proper and several communities in the surrounding townships host dispensaries or farmer’s markets. Genesee County will greatly benefit from the hotel reservations, restaurant bills and retail purchasing that always accompany an event of national prominence. “This expo would be a welcome source of revenue to the entire region,” Lowell pointed out.

Gould has an additional announcement to share regarding another Michigan cannabis event: Hash Bash.

“Arborside is going to kick off Hash Bash once again on Thursday with another class from Ed Rosenthal at the Clarion,” Gould said.

This will be the second year Rosenthal has conducted classes in Ann Arbor prior to the Hash Bash. Last year’s class was sold out, and the amphitheater-style seating in the Clarion’s meeting room gives these seminars a more intimate feel than other venues. That date is April 3rd.

Gould hinted that Hash Bash might have a celebrity visitor from the south and that Rosenthal may be in town for more events than just the Hash Bash and Monroe Street Fair. The annual expo at the Roostertail in Detroit always draws crowds and celebrities- music star Afro Man was one of last year’s notables- and the growing guru could pop up there, too.

Paperchase

Paperchase

This is gud news I got to make this event time to save !

Dlo

Dlo

From what Ive read the contract has been signed and the High Times Michigan Medical Marijuana Cup will be held at Auto City Speedway in Mt Morris on July 26th and 27th 2014.
Its not in Flint so you guys don't have to be scared.

Prime C

Prime C

Defender of Dank
Supporter
From what Ive read the contract has been signed and the High Times Michigan Medical Marijuana Cup will be held at Auto City Speedway in Mt Morris on July 26th and 27th 2014.
Its not in Flint so you guys don't have to be scared.

You have a link?

ohthatguy8

ohthatguy8

Germ seeds this week you should be able to have flowers ready for the cup. Sooooo pull out your bean stashes find something special and crack em.

B

Big Bird

Yes the 2014 Medical Cannabis Cup will be held at Auto City Speedway in Clio, Mi.,on July 26 & 27th .I was able to get a hold of someone ..that confirmed the site

ohthatguy8

ohthatguy8

Germ seeds this week you should be able to have flowers ready for the cup. Sooooo pull out your bean stashes find something special and crack em.

I cracked half packs of yeti f3 & longbottom leaf I'm trying to talk a friend with extra numbers to let me set up equipment there so i can start some yooper kush this week too. I only got the yoopers two weeks ago but i want to get em cracked

Prime C

Prime C

Defender of Dank
Supporter
michigan_poster.jpg

What is a Cannabis Cup?
It's a two-day trade show/EXPO incorporating vendor booths in a main building with an extended outdoor component for additional vendor booths.

Inside booths range from glassware and clothing to grow equipment and artwork. Inside also features three seminars per day either in a sectioned off area off the main floor or in a private "theater" like setting. The seminar topics include legalization regulations featuring experts, current political issues, grow seminars with HIGH TIMES editors as well as a cooking seminar from our own Cannabis Cookbook author.

The outdoor component is typically a fenced off area with privacy screening, not visible to the general public. Medicating (smoking) is allowed in this area for those with a valid medical card and a picture ID (for medical states). Visitors are wrist banded for entry. Security is posted to assure these regulations are followed.

No selling or distributing of cannabis is allowed.

There is Saturday night entertainment typically starting @ 8PM and lasting till @ 11PM. Either at the venue or in another venue if room does not allow.

The entire event is protected by outside hired security. Every security company we're hired for these events has stated that we have the most polite and respectful attendees of any events they work (including sporting events, concerts etc.).

This event is a celebratory and informational gathering for vendors and patients.

Latest posts

Top Bottom