Hightimes cup in flint?

• Thread starter ftwendy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
rawman

rawman

Im familiar with the process got a booth this weekend in Denver, if funding is right Im sure my friends and I would get one to kick it in MI too..... Ideas ideas

A booth with no purpose is the best place to kick it obviously.... Dont have to worry about talking to passer byers, and we can all enjoy ourselves

Dlo

Dlo

The HIGH TIMES Medical Cannabis Cup returns to Michigan this July 26th & 27th!

Auto City Speedway
10205 N. Saginaw St., Clio, MI 48420

Your company has the following options in participating with this event:

-The price is $2000 for a vendor booth (5' wide x 10' deep) in the medicating/smoking area OR $1500 for a vendor booth in the non-medicating/non-smoking area. The vendor booth comes with a table, tablecloth, 2 chairs, and 4 tickets to the Cup.

-The price is $3000 for a sponsor booth (10' x 10') in the medicating/smoking area OR $2500 for a sponsor booth in the non-medicating/non-smoking area. The sponsor booth comes with a table, tablecloth, 2 chairs, 8 tickets to the Cup, PLUS, 1 full page in the guidebook (given out to attendees), and a web banner/web button on cannabiscup.comfor a Full-year. Also, you will get a 50% discount on any entries submitted in the competition.
--->A 20' x 10' in the medicating/smoking area costs $5500 OR $4500 in the non-medicating/non-smoking area and comes with double everything included in the Sponsor Booth. A 20' x 20' or 40' x 10 in the medicating/smoking area costs $10,000 OR $8000 in the non-medicating/non-smoking area and comes with quadruple everything included in the Sponsor Booth.

HIGH TIMES Medical Cannabis Cup Competition:
- 6 categories (Indica, Sativa, Hybrid, Non-Solvent Hash, Concentrate, and Edible)
- You can only enter 1 entry per category (per entity)
- Maximum of 40 entries allowed per category (expect for concentrates-- limited to 60)
- Cost is $1000 per entry (or $500 with a sponsor booth)--> You will receive 2 vendor tickets to the Cup with each entry

- You must provide 40 grams of cannabis, 20 grams of concentrate or non-solvent, and 20 servings of edibles (due July 16th in the Flint area-- we will send specific drop off information a couple days beforehand)
- All cannabis entries must be given in 8 increments of 5 grams each. Please provide them in plain, unlabeled containers.
- All non-solvent hash or concentrate entries must be given in 20 single gram increments. Please provide these in plain, unlabeled containers too
- If you want further information regarding the edible competition, which is our most complicated category, please let me know and I will send details

- All entries are lab tested by 2 different facilities and professionally photographed before being given to judges
- High Times U.S. Medical Cannabis Cup awards first, second, and third place trophies in each category. We also award a "Highest CDB" plaque to one cannabis entry, one non-solvent hash or concentrate entry, and one edible entry-- this can come from the "medical" or "US" competition. Winners receive the ultimate glory along with coverage in the magazine and winners logos for future marketing purposes!
-- Highest Regards,

Prime C

Prime C

Defender of Dank
Supporter
Im def going for the 2 days. I'd like to do the booth deal but Im not sure about my funds yet. I'll know in a month.

ohthatguy8

ohthatguy8

I paid today online for the two day but I accidentall wrote @yahoo.comr for my email address. so I never got any confirmation. I know.... I'm an idiot. I emailed them so hopefully it's no big deal

urban1026835

urban1026835

You guys will have to take lots of pics for me just a tad outta my driving range

Dlo

Dlo

http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/index.ssf/2014/06/high_times_magazine_bringing_c.html

VIENNA TWP, MI -- It's like the Super Bowl for marijuana.
It's the High Times magazine's Cannabis Cup, considered one of the premier marijuana events in the world. And it's coming to Genesee County.
The Cannabis Cup is scheduled for July 26 and 27 at the Michigan Auto City Speedway in Vienna Township. High Times is hosting four installments of the Cannabis Cup this year. The other cities: Los Angeles, San Francisco, Seattle and Amsterdam.
The magazine's signature event -- a combination of a trade expo, conference, marijuana competition and cultural celebration -- started in Amsterdam in 1988 and is still an annual event there. In recent years, with marijuana and medical marijuana regulations relaxing around the United States, the New York City-based High Times has hosted U.S. events in states such as California and Denver.
The event aims to showcase and provide information for the Michigan cannabis industry, as well as its top businesses and advocates, said Dan Skye, editorial director of High Times.
"Basically, it's a cannabis trade expo, when you get down to it," Skye said.
Event organizers are expecting attendance of around 5,000 people.
With Michigan voters passing a law decriminalizing medical marijuana in 2008, the magazine has looked at the state as another battleground in the effort to end pot prohibition. A Cannabis Cup was held in 2011 in Detroit, but organizers weren't happy with the response from local police.
Since then, organizers have wanted to come back to Michigan.
"We love Michigan," Skye said. "They have a booming medical marijuana industry going on."
Matt Johnson -- who in 2012 started Lush Lighting in Niles, Mich. -- has been in constant contact with a High Times editor since the Detroit event.
"I've been bugging him for two years to get him to come back to Michigan," said Johnson, who's company produces LED light bulbs for agriculture. The company is a sponsor of the July event.
Organizers say they've contacted local law enforcement, officials and attorneys and the event is completely legal. Only people who possess a valid medical marijuana card will be allowed to use marijuana at the event.
"Seriously," Skye said. "When we had one in L.A., we dealt with LAPD directly. Everybody knows what we're up to. There is no secret."
Genesee County Sheriff Robert Pickell said he's aware of the event and doesn't see a problem with it, as long as laws are respected.
'We're going to protect their constitutional right to meet," Pickell said. "But in the process, if any laws are violated, we're going to enforce the law."
Otherwise, Pickell said, he's planning to treat it like any other event.
"At this point, we're not going to do anything differently," he said. "If we get a sense that there's going to be a problem or it creates traffic issues, we'll have a stepped-up presence."
Joe DeWitte, owner of Michigan Auto City Speedway, said he understands the event might be controversial to some local people. DeWitte said the magazine approached his business about renting the facility. To him, it's simply another business deal and not a statement of support for or against medical marijuana.
"Our decision didn't come lightly on this one," DeWitte said. "We did a lot of work, a lot of leg work. Talked to attorneys, talked to Bob Pickell."
DeWitte said the event organizers are providing most of the staff and security for the event. Some of his employees will be on hand for services such as parking and concessions.
"The unique thing about it is, very honestly, it's going to bring a lot of business to the area."

ohthatguy8

ohthatguy8

There are some options but not in walking distance or anything. Well maybe the wee pine cabins. They are studio style cabins. Miller rd n flint has the most choices and is 15_20 min drive from the venue. The motel 6 is a dive but they're smoke friendly to the max. I mean in the room while the maid is cleaning type of place . Birch run is probably the same distance from the venue as miller rd n they have some hotels but less of the flint ambience.

ill be there, any friendly hotels near by?

Prime C

Prime C

Defender of Dank
Supporter
Yeah those were the ones I was looking at in Birch Run. lmao flint ambience! After the fucked up shit I had to deal with at the Howard Johnson in GR I'm opting to pay for a nicer room. Not worth it to save a cpl bucks at a poorly run trashy hotel.

Latest posts

Top Bottom