Hippy Moms Old Seeds

• Thread starter Diane11
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Diane11

Diane11

any update on them,sure look like the old jamacain from the day,its a hybrid looks indica dom,but ive seen them buds before,should be almost done by now
Sorry just saw this!! Yes I updated on my harvest a couple weeks ago. I had 2 unknown strains from over 30 years old. They turned out to definitely be hybrids on the indica side... A nice, smooth smoke, and a happy relaxing high. A perfect combo imo... Thanks for the interest. I'll tag you on that thread. :)

Diane11

Diane11

Look at the pistils on that thing,looks amazing from over here.
Thanks!! Those strains turned out to be amazingly beautiful. I'm so surprised that they came out so nice. I thought it would be more of an indica strain. I harvested at the first sign of amber to keep that uplifting sativa high as much as I could.. (At least that's what I hoped for)Lol. I am very very happy with them:) thanks for the interest ;)

Diane11

Diane11

Yeah,yeah...whats it stink of..lol.
Lol!! All of the above... Hahahaa!! It stinks so gooood!!!!
Great thread.....any smells yet?
Bud tickle or stem rub stinks?
Nice thumbin Stay lifted
Thanks @germinator ... It's so hard to tell exactly what I can compare the smell and taste to. But I want to keep a bud of it stuck up in my nose to smell it all day long! LMAO!! Jk.... But really.. Before harvest, the two small plants had to very different but very strong aromas, I kept thinking of Jack Herer... Jack Herer... But after harvest, the smell on one of them was just almost unbelievable to me. SO smelly, and HELLA sticky!! Not to toot my own horn, but damn my room smells bomb :fire: and I'm super satisfied with my highs. Thanks for asking :) I appreciate the feedback!!:party1:

keiksweat

keiksweat

Lol!! All of the above... Hahahaa!! It stinks so gooood!!!!

Thanks @germinator ... It's so hard to tell exactly what I can compare the smell and taste to. But I want to keep a bud of it stuck up in my nose to smell it all day long! LMAO!! Jk.... But really.. Before harvest, the two small plants had to very different but very strong aromas, I kept thinking of Jack Herer... Jack Herer... But after harvest, the smell on one of them was just almost unbelievable to me. SO smelly, and HELLA sticky!! Not to toot my own horn, but damn my room smells bomb :fire: and I'm super satisfied with my highs. Thanks for asking :) I appreciate the feedback!!:party1:
Good work pal,any pics?sounds like you grew a winner there.

Hate Life

Hate Life

This is insane, 30 years old! Those plants just traveled through time!
They probably have you and your mother confused with each other.

keiksweat

keiksweat

my pal has some beans yes managed to pop,there from 1974.it took him a while ,but there going strong.gonna be some fire,for sure...

Hate Life

Hate Life

I've bought so many seeds, it isn't even funny, tons of stock doesn't pop at all, where others in the exact same conditions have a 95% rate of germination.

And these seeds are probably less that 5 years old, in some of these cases they are recent releases.

I would like to know the trick to producing seeds that last 30+ years, every time if possible,
as I am very into breeding, this is probably more enjoyable for me then farming buds!

keiksweat

keiksweat

I've bought so many seeds, it isn't even funny, tons of stock doesn't pop at all, where others in the exact same conditions have a 95% rate of germination.

And these seeds are probably less that 5 years old, in some of these cases they are recent releases.

I would like to know the trick to producing seeds that last 30+ years, every time if possible,
as I am very into breeding, this is probably more enjoyable for me then farming buds!
These 1974 beans were found in a bag of weed in a hotel drawer,whilst my mates mom wad working as a cleaner.it sat in a shoe box for years.when she finally gave them to him.he picked lots of seeds out and binned the rest.first attempts failed miserably but I know he's working with this old strain now.been trying to get hold of a cut for ages.lol.

Diane11

Diane11

This is insane, 30 years old! Those plants just traveled through time!
They probably have you and your mother confused with each other.
Lol @Hate Life!!! I know right?!?! Shit, IM COMFUSED!! Lmao!!! Jk.... Thanks... Super nice high, I have lots more to have fun with too, but not until we move into our house,, next week! :)

Diane11

Diane11

The only thing I've really read about with germinating old seeds is they say to clean them with some alcohol first, then do your process, whether it be a paper towel, or water/glass methods.. It just seems like the paper towel method would make more sense in this case since you gotta have more patience with em. I'm interested in learning more tips myself... I really don't wanna screw up the ones I have left lol.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Hey guys!! So a couple of you may remember me mentioning seeds that belonged to my Mom that are more than 30 years old!! Well, I'm sorry I don't have great pics, but I wanted to show you guys how it's looking..from top angle. I don't know if you'd need to see the whole plant to tell or if anyone can tell at all... But any ideas of what this could be? Sativa?/Indica? I know they have certain looks lol. I just don't know em! Hahaa. And how does it look? Do the leaves look normal or alittle prickly like? Whatever it is, can't wait to try it!!!
Well gawt dang. I'm def subbed for this grow show. Most excellent you were able to get 30+ year beans to pop. What I wouldn't do to throw a few of them in some dirt. We are talking ole skool genes. Will be very interesting what you come up with. I'm popping the corn, icing the brewski's and pulling up my chaise lounge for this grow show.!!!! Be sure to get a nice side shot so we can see the structure of her. Chances are you have a sativa from being that far back. :smoking::cool::)

Top Bottom