Hippy Moms Old Seeds

• Thread starter Diane11
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
I would literally die for some Panama Red.
Well, almost...

And with these old genetics, even if you don't find a keeper pheno within the limited seeds you have,
just make a cross, expand that gene pool, and there will no doubt be some recessive traits that will come to the forefront of your next generation of seeds.

I handed some average plants that did not show anything special to a friend, he crossed them together and go strait fire in the offspring!
Yea buddy!!

Diane11

Diane11

Oh wow @jumpincactus !!! Now i really feel the pressure!! Lol! I've had Columbia gold and some good Thai and I'd have to compare it more to the combian. But what do I know? Hahahah!!! You're so right! I agree I may have a gem on my hands, who knows, but damn, makes me feel like I should get a couple more grows in first so I can have even more experience with them! But hey, it's what I got. So it's what I'll grow. And don't even trip off age, I mean come on, my mother was confident enough to give these to me over 10 years ago and she had them over 20! So that kinda tells mine too! Hahaha!!!!!! Oldiebutgoodies!!! ;-)

mack 10

mack 10

Good morning fellow wake & bakers!! So here is a couple more pics of the plant from my Mom that @MeJuana asked for :) I lollipopped the shit out of it simply for the learning process as I am more into learning basic & different techniques and why they are done than trying to just get a bigger yield in the end. (FOR NOW) lol. Anyway,... Here's a couple pics :)

no need to lollipop, but a bit too late.
looks like an old Afghani.

Diane11

Diane11

no need to lollipop, but a bit too late.
looks like an old Afghani.
It was weird how those grew lol, yeah they ended up being some nice and sticky hybrids... Mellow, yet happy head changers. Yeah, lol, little too late now, but there is always next grow:) :)

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Colombian red is the only strain I didn't recognize. What a walk down memory lane hearing all those names from the past. You weren't from San Francisco Bay Area back in the day?[/QUOTE

I kicked around the Haight back in the day round 73/4 So am very familiar with the Bay Area. :) When I lived there I had a place out on the Great Hwy on 47th Ave between Pacheco & Quintara

Man those were the dayz. Spent most of my time seeing everything in technicolor & looking like ice cream on a hot summer day. :smoking::cool: If you catch my drift :D

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
cool.
not so many mellow strains now with that happy high. Too much goes into just raising the THC levels without thinking about how all the other parts intertwine.
Well said man. Terpene profile and all the other goodies that make for a well rounded smoke. "The Entourage Effect" :)

Diane11

Diane11

cool.
not so many mellow strains now with that happy high. Too much goes into just raising the THC levels without thinking about how all the other parts intertwine.
That's true. I tried to pay super close attention to when I harvested them to get them to be at that one particular high that I wanted them to be. I guess it was beginners luck that I got the happy high :) that's of course, for me, what I wanted ;-)

Top Bottom