Hollow Branches!! Please Look, Comment!!

• Thread starter Sunshinegrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dextr0

dextr0

^^^thats a good idea.

Ent. ive read alot on hemp and that was one of the characteristics they looked for in hemp was a solid stem as it was found that the hollower stemmed versions seemed to lead to Higher thc amounts.

E

ent

IMG_8550_resized.JPG

Here are three alien kush F2's grown from seed, next to each other in identical settings. This would be some anecdotal evidence to suggest genetics play a factor.

Left = male
Middle = female- drinks about 20% more than the other female- more branches, higher yields
Right = female - tight nodes, lower yielder than Middle female

fireXalien. don't laugh at #4. :)

http://invalid.com/Y6sc8.jpg

I was looking back at the photos I took. Since they were numbered I know which stem correlates with which plants. I've since finished them all, kept keeper moms and dads and even used a couple of the males for breeding. Going back and looking at my photos, reading my hypothesis and remembering attributes about each plant as they finished, I'm gunna have to go and say I've seen zero correlation with the width of the hollow stems and resin production. Nor have any of my theories panned out.

In regards to my alien kush photo- #2 was my keeper but because of structure. #3 had just as much resin production if not more. #2 had a large quantity of smaller resin heads whereas #3 had all large resin glands perhaps slightly less densely populated. The size of resin heads was obvious from the naked eye.

In regards to the fire x alien #1 was the keeper female and #3 was the keeper male. #1 definitely had more resin production than #2.

All my theories = out the window

:)

E

ent

It's not sad- It is what it is. I seem to learn more from failed experiments and failed hypothesis than successful ones anyway. You know, it's like "I dare you to prove me wrong". Then you re-evaluate- draw new hypothesis, experiment more and continue to learn.

Also it's just a small sampling of data, and doesn't really allow anybody to draw any concrete conclusions. Just more anecdotal evidence. Science, it works bitches.

dextr0

dextr0

^^im just hoping that u dont give up that easy. One thing ive got to say is that the HEMP industry gives key factors to what exactly it is that we do not want. Sometimes i find it very beneficial to look at it through those eyes. Hemp was/is heavily regulated. Farmers had to know there product and how to stay within certain ranges given the limits they had. So though it is anecdotal evidence most of the time the seriousness that was put on this certain situation i feel knocked out most of the bs.

J

John Blaze

thanks for putting the time in ent! its worth it no matter the result u always learn something

G

gRow70

It's not the fan blowing on them that does it. I have a twenty inch box fan blowing on them and they have hollow stems.

S

Strongheart

the reason you are having a heavy yield is because of the hollow branches o.k. here it goes the water and nutrients are carried up the stem from the medium the more hollow they are the more food and water gets to the tips of plants also outdoor plants seem to not be as hollow as indoor that could also be why indoor plants are more thc laden and also you will notice that the more air movement in a grow room the less hollow the stems and thats do to plant cellulose strengthening the stem so it can hold the weight of the buds it is producing

This guy is 100% right!

The reason people have hollow stems is because those plants are not sustaining strong winds. A fan will never replicate strong bi--random directional winds..

Everytime I grow out on my fire escape no matter what strain I use, it is subjected to strong winds at somepoint during the grow and my plants ALWAYS have 100% solid stems throughout the plant. They are also much beefire and thicker stalks..

Every plant that I grew indoors always had hollow stems.

Nuff Said! Enjoy the buds!

K

kolah

I grew different strained plants in a greenhouse, not subjected to winds. Some plants had holes in the center of the stem and some didn't. I found no real ryhme(sp?) or reason to it.

After reading everyones opinions, I found nothing substantial to sink my teeth into. Sometimes, it just happens.

I am thinking of using the stems with holes in it to make a couple of smoking pipes though.

T

TommyGunn

I grew different strained plants in a greenhouse, not subjected to winds. Some plants had holes in the center of the stem and some didn't. I found no real ryhme(sp?) or reason to it.

After reading everyones opinions, I found nothing substantial to sink my teeth into. Sometimes, it just happens.

I am thinking of using the stems with holes in it to make a couple of smoking pipes though.

G

GanjaGT

Hollow stems means a better flush. Which means better pot. Better tasting, smoother etc.

S

Shawnery

What's really crazy is if you leave the roots in the dwc solution, for example, water will continue to seep out of those holes for a very long time and at a surprisingly fast rate.

S

Shawnery

Hollow stems means a better flush. Which means better pot. Better tasting, smoother etc.
It's a sign of a good flush or are you saying it facilitates a better flush? Hard to understand from your comment.

P

PharmHand

What's really crazy is if you leave the roots in the dwc solution, for example, water will continue to seep out of those holes for a very long time and at a surprisingly fast rate.
Capillary action. Physics is cool

RippedTorn

RippedTorn

It's a bacterial infection that rots the pith.
Bet the hollow stems = "earthy" pot, what else could it be.

Latest posts

Top Bottom