Holy Overfed Cannabis, Batman!

• Thread starter Douglas.C
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Douglas.C

Douglas.C

What I'm saying is the limitations in your experience are coming through your questions, quite loudly. There is no single ppm which is ideal for all situations, asking such is rather disingenuous of you.

I run a modified lucas, along with lucas's advanced res management methods. The base nutrient mix is 8:16 for flower, stronger or weaker as needed by each strain and the environmental conditions of flower. The number one variable element which the lucas mix sometimes comes up short is magnesium. Anywhere from .5g/gallon to 1g/gallon is used when mixing the initial flowering reservoir, depending on the strain and conditions.

As I mentioned before... record growth rates while slowly increasing nutrient strength. When growth rates stop increasing, top nutrient strength (for the current conditions) has been reached. Adding additional nutrients will not increase growth rates and will begin decreasing quality. You cannot see the difference between *just enough* and *slightly too much.* By the time the strength reaches the point where even the most experienced grower can barely see the plant has been overfed, the quality has already been permanently damaged. This damage (as I've repeatedly stated) can happen when the plants look perfectly fine, to the eye of even the most experienced growers.

Awareness is a powerful thing. ;)

Last edited:
whitepistols

whitepistols

I use salts, not a organic soil guy.

Post #6 good example how I grow. Does any feed chart come accurate? Nope. They need adjusted to the needs of the plant. Will a Dj Short blueberry and a Polyploid (insert fave strain) have the same feed rates? Nope

Post #6 look at the tips. Only way I know is to flame the tips off as in that pic, then I know where to adjust. Once I know what it took to flame the tips off I back down .2 ec and wait a week. Is that the corect landing place of my ec adjustment? no, its just a safe place, it very well can change but atleast it is close. They key is doing it in veg so I can get it known then my ec adjustment to the strain. I do not want to figure it out in flower. By the time flower comes I will know where to start and use the plant to tell me what it wants. It comes down to the plants needs, a " gardener" knows there garden because the garden talks while it is muted.

Douglas.C

Douglas.C

You work backwards to my method. :) I start with underfed, rising to "sufficient for maximum growth." You start with overfed and back off. :)

I would recommend tracking daily growth rates, then backing off even further until those rates slow down a hair. Then rise back a hair until the rate goes back to maximum again. :) You'll end up in the same place.

Cool beans. :)

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

Excuse me , you run a 9/16 modified lucas. You also stated to use the Mel Frank numbers as a starting point but leave out what that is.
I don't care what style of grow you want to give us your numbers on. DWC, F&D, DTW Hydro. Just give us some numbers so we can compare it to our nutrient profiles.
I'm just trying to get you to explain yourself a little more. If you come into this site and make statements about growing and not give out any pertinent info, No pictures, no nutrient formulas, just talk. Then how can anyone believe what you are saying.

Douglas.C

Douglas.C

Excuse me , you run a 9/16 modified lucas.
No, you need to read closer. 9:16 is what I use in veg.

You also stated to use the Mel Frank numbers as a starting point but leave out what that is.
Uhh, they're posted all over the net and have been for decades. 100N-100P-200K-60Mg They're a basic target for cannabis.

I don't care what style of grow you want to give us your numbers on. DWC, F&D, DTW Hydro. Just give us some numbers so we can compare it to our nutrient profiles.
I'm just trying to get you to explain yourself a little more.
No, you're pissed off and not reading properly. I already gave what I use, it's simple enough to plug it into a nute calculator and find out. Look all over the web, you won't find me posting exact numbers because they're pointless. Every grow is different, requiring something slightly different.

If you come into this site and make statements about growing and not give out any pertinent info, No pictures, no nutrient formulas, just talk. Then how can anyone believe what you are saying.
Now you're attacking and trying to change the subject. I've given plenty of info, there is zero need for pictures and I've given sufficient nutrient information for anyone with 2 brain cells.

Chill out.

Last edited:
MidwestToker

MidwestToker

I use GH flora, micro:bloom @ 9:16/gal
Did you not state this? Did you say whether this was bloom or grow? Did you even look at my nutrient profile or comment on it?
I asked you simple questions, if you feel that's a personal attack I'm sorry you felt hurt by it.
But by your replies, you come off as a non-grower in my eyes, and i've probably been growing these plants before you were born. So there is your personal attack.
Anyways if you're here to help other growers out, why not share you're growing styles and nutrient routine knowledge with us. Talk is cheap!

F

FooDoo

Gentleman. Douglas is diagnosed with autism. I too was in your shoes a few days ago calling him out on his posts but once I saw his profile saying he's autistic I reached out to a mod and had the entire thread deleted.

"a mental condition, present from early childhood, characterized by difficulty in communicating and forming relationships with other people and in using language and abstract concepts"

No matter what, you guys will never get him on the same page or even to pick up the same book as you. He medically can't comprehend abstract concepts and he medically can not interact well with anyone on these forums. The help we all tried to offer is geared towards the average joe and we aren't medically trained on how to get thru to people with autisim. He's not being stubborn or egotistical. His door is simply locked and non of us hold the key.

I think we should all just apologize to Doug and move on. If he wants to post information that 99.99% of us think is garbage, just let him. It's not life or death if some noobie on the internet comes across his posts and takes it as gospel.

Douglas.C

Douglas.C

What a childish response. Quoting a boilerplate definition, as if it has any bearing on the subject. I've presented clear information, the only disconnect is the subtlety of the issue I'm speaking of.

Anyone care to sum up the incorrect information posted in here? Since I'll certainly be the subject of further childish attacks, no matter what I post. The only folks who don't appreciate this thread seem to be those who've had their b.s. called for what it is. In this and other threads.

The longer someone has believed a lie, the greater their emotional response to the truth is. Blustering, changing the subject and baiting someone does not change anything in your favor.

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

Gentleman. Douglas is diagnosed with autism. I too was in your shoes a few days ago calling him out on his posts but once I saw his profile saying he's autistic I reached out to a mod and had the entire thread deleted.

"a mental condition, present from early childhood, characterized by difficulty in communicating and forming relationships with other people and in using language and abstract concepts"

No matter what, you guys will never get him on the same page or even to pick up the same book as you. He medically can't comprehend abstract concepts and he medically can not interact well with anyone on these forums. The help we all tried to offer is geared towards the average joe and we aren't medically trained on how to get thru to people with autisim. He's not being stubborn or egotistical. His door is simply locked and non of us hold the key.

I think we should all just apologize to Doug and move on. If he wants to post information that 99.99% of us think is garbage, just let him. It's not life or death if some noobie on the internet comes across his posts and takes it as gospel.
You're correct.

Douglas.C

Douglas.C

Anyone with further questions on this would do well to pm me directly.

Thanks for seeking the truth. :)

whitepistols

whitepistols

Doug I agree with what your saying that we approach it from 2 different sides but end up in the middle. A lot are like me in some ways stuck doing things 1 way but we really need to stay open minded. Methods do change and thank you for the different method.

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

What a childish response. Quoting a boilerplate definition, as if it has any bearing on the subject. I've presented clear information, the only disconnect is the subtlety of the issue I'm speaking of.

Anyone care to sum up the incorrect information posted in here? Since I'll certainly be the subject of further childish attacks, no matter what I post. The only folks who don't appreciate this thread seem to be those who've had their b.s. called for what it is. In this and other threads.

The longer someone has believed a lie, the greater their emotional response to the truth is. Blustering, changing the subject and baiting someone does not change anything in your favor.
My apologies , Good luck and happy growing.

Tardbuster

Tardbuster

Overfeeding is a side effect of getting grow nutes/advice from Cannabis hating chemical salesmen.

Not sure why anyone would support a brand that specifically sells Overfeed products. So many levels to pot quality, most are embarrassed to realise what they been growing, once theh cut the nutes and fade their plants on the stalk. Growing for looks because their experience equates Hightimes magazine photos..

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Overfeeding is a side effect of getting grow nutes/advice from Cannabis hating chemical salesmen.

Not sure why anyone would support a brand that specifically sells Overfeed products. So many levels to pot quality, most are embarrassed to realise what they been growing, once theh cut the nutes and fade their plants on the stalk. Growing for looks because their experience equates Hightimes magazine photos..

Actually like mentioned many times above feeding as close to the plants needs and not fading it too much gives the highest quality.

And in my experience this is absolutely true. Too green or too yellow and quality suffers.

In fact I agree with @Douglas.C about all said but I believe that it all starts from the seedling. Get the plant health perfect from sprout to harvest and that will yield the highest quality that plant can offer. If the plant goes into flower with even a hidden problem or deficiency it will suffer a quality reduction from its ultimate potential.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Well that went no where quick lol...

So I do it completely different. I jam that shit up to 3 ec... wait 6 hrs drop it to .4 then wait 6 hrs and put it to 2, then wait 6 hrs and move it to 1.... and repeat every day.....

I got these bitches on roids!

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Well that went no where quick lol...

So I do it completely different. I jam that shit up to 3 ec... wait 6 hrs drop it to .4 then wait 6 hrs and put it to 2, then wait 6 hrs and move it to 1.... and repeat every day.....

I got these bitches on roids!

I have found there is a point that pushing plants for yield hurts quality. I personally have backed off a bit.

R

rascali

Jeez, the autistic are the worst kind of well-meaning trolls, they are the energizer bunnies of useless content and can never ever be wrong. They always have so much evidence, that always ends up being either misconstrued or misapplied...

Latest posts

Top Bottom