Home made micro tent.

• Thread starter BigCube
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BigCube

BigCube

So I made this tent a while back. Its 1.5x1.5x3. I've decided to see what i can get out of it. So I e started to scrog a clone.

The frame is made from cheap 1x2 and panda film. Using 2 5v computer blower fans running on a USB outlet to exhaust.

The light fixture is a 7 to 1 bulb splitter. That articulates and moves telescopic.
Screwed in to a standard bulb base.

Currently running 2x led grow lights at 22w with 2 16w (100 equiv) led bulbs one warm one bright. And a 6w burplebi had kicking around. Still have 2 slots free.

In a 1.2 - 1.5 galon hand made felt pot filled with promix hpcc.

This is today, 2 weeks from cutting.

Home made micro tent

BigCube

BigCube

Week 3 veg update, 4 weeks from clone.
Moved things around a bit. Fully under the nets control now, another week or 2 and she'll be ready to flip!

Populated all 7 bulbs now, 6 100w (4 bright 2 warm) and a little burple in the middle that I will most likely swap out for another 100w.

When flower time comes, I will swap the bulbs to majority warm white, maybe 1 or 2 bright white just to mix it up.

20190913 091857
20190913 091918

BigCube

BigCube

Week 4 update. The net is pretty much full, but for the front squares. I think I want to leave them open so I can still water and extract the runoff. So it looks like I'll be flipping it soon.

20190920 095608

20190920 095648

Will be switching to warm white soon too.

BigCube

BigCube

Alright, mid week update. I flipped the lights on Sunday. So u guess this is day 2 of flower. Ive swapped out all but one of the bulbs for warm white bulbs. Making 6 warm 1 bright. First day of flower nutrients yesterday. Also I cleared out a lot more leaf.

20190924 093715
20190924 093653

BigCube

BigCube

Week 2 of flower.

So I've gone with all 7 bulbs warm white. New extraction fan works great, I need to add an intake to the tent cause there is so much negative pressure.

20191004 091740

Shes at almost 1000 ppm right now. Hope to have her up to 1100 soon. I'm much more curious about this grow than my big tent lol. I wonder if it can produce decent bud, and if so how much.

20191004 091921

BigCube

BigCube

Work as an intake filter? I've just made a gap in the bottom skirt of the panda film. Have an old fan cage in between the layers. Its working great 🤣

The actual version (this is a prototype) will be made of wood, and will have an intake at the bottom most panel, it will have feet as to be quarter to half inch off the ground, with bug netting over the holes.

Hard to explain, but I have it all mapped out lol. Will probably be building it in the next couple weeks.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Work as an intake filter? I've just made a gap in the bottom skirt of the panda film. Have an old fan cage in between the layers. Its working great 🤣

The actual version (this is a prototype) will be made of wood, and will have an intake at the bottom most panel, it will have feet as to be quarter to half inch off the ground, with bug netting over the holes.

Hard to explain, but I have it all mapped out lol. Will probably be building it in the next couple weeks.
Nah on the exhaust..... Not sure if it could work but small amount of air exchange. They sell a carbon filter for furnaces. It's like a square pad kinda thing. Wondering if you cut it and stack it then place over the exhaust if it would be enough to remove odor. Just thinking outloud.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Week 1 of flower. She has started taking off. I've installed a larger extraction fan, and have put in the lower profile bulb splitter to give her more room. Cant wait to see what kinda buds home led bulbs grow lol.

View attachment 899219

View attachment 899220
i looked at those bulbs,didnt have the cash for them,but ya they look good to me,go back in light section check out them strip lights

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

this is my next project,i already built a muffler for my exhasut fan on top,used peg board on ends both side and top is 1/4 shelf boards,inside i layer some rubber stuff i use in my tool boxs,w
orks great only problem is,if there is a problem you have to take the box and flat roof i built to hold the fan on,all in one piece,but the noise level went way down

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

on the side i plan on another box,tall enough to run fan and filter standing up enough room for the bend in hose and then lid,down one side be plywood on tent side,front solid too lid also,then down the open side ,im gonna put peg board with cleats,those cheap as 97 cent house filters,slide down that side and with a filter inside give me double filtered air coming in,did same last grow with just cardboard box,filter got big time dirty just from the outside air coming in the room,so this time a changeable house filter just like you have to do for your house,lid come off and just slide out and back in,be camo for wondering eye,with the rubber it reduces the noise by 2/3rds at least but can still breath what ever outdoor air provide,on both exhaust to keep the fan cooler and intake fan and filter quieter,told you ninja grow hahahah

BigCube

BigCube

Week 4 update:

The mini dongs are filling in, it really loves the light.

20191018 105935

Recap of what my specs are:
18x18x36 panda tent
7 led bulbs at 15w ea. Warm white
100cfm duct fan
White widow
1.2ish gal hand made felt pot.

20191018 110206

Cant wait till shes done. Need the tent for a veg chamber.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Week 4 update:

The mini dongs are filling in, it really loves the light.

View attachment 903226

Recap of what my specs are:
18x18x36 panda tent
7 led bulbs at 15w ea. Warm white
100cfm duct fan
White widow
1.2ish gal hand made felt pot.

View attachment 903227

Cant wait till shes done. Need the tent for a veg chamber.
looks damn great to me,practice of never letting the mind go to waste,by george i believe you could make it threw natural disater if it ever comes hahah

Top Bottom