Home made micro tent.

• Thread starter BigCube
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BigCube

BigCube

Week 5 update:

Humming along great. Still impressed for 7 dollar store led bulbs.

20191025 125906

Enlarged intake and added a screen, removed ducting and have exhaust fan flowing directly out. Helped a lot with air flow.

20191025 130026

20191025 130053

Soon the field of micro dongs will be complete. 🤣

20191025 130145
BigCube

BigCube

Week 7 update.

20191108 093217

She has thickened right out, so thick with buds almost touching I'm actually worried about mold! (Not really, my rh is 50 to 55)

20191108 093750

It seems light color make a huge difference on the image, so here is the same bud under the 2700k LEDs and the 5000k flash of my phone mixed with the 2700k up close.

20191108 093546

20191108 093432

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Week 7 update.

View attachment 908220

She has thickened right out, so thick with buds almost touching I'm actually worried about mold! (Not really, my rh is 50 to 55)

View attachment 908223

It seems light color make a huge difference on the image, so here is the same bud under the 2700k LEDs and the 5000k flash of my phone mixed with the 2700k up close.

View attachment 908222
View attachment 908221
And my buddy says he doesn't have the space to grow in his small house. I love it.

Caninobis

Caninobis

Week 3 veg update, 4 weeks from clone.
Moved things around a bit. Fully under the nets control now, another week or 2 and she'll be ready to flip!

Populated all 7 bulbs now, 6 100w (4 bright 2 warm) and a little burple in the middle that I will most likely swap out for another 100w.

When flower time comes, I will swap the bulbs to majority warm white, maybe 1 or 2 bright white just to mix it up.

View attachment 895630View attachment 895629

I made a home made microtent as well and the real main problem i'm having is with the door. I know that i can buy one of those zippers but i don't feel like spending $18 on a fucking zipper. How did you engineer your entry? It looks like you ran it floor to ceiling and then cut a big hole out? Is that just a flap now that rolls up and down?

BigCube

BigCube

I made a home made microtent as well and the real main problem i'm having is with the door. I know that i can buy one of those zippers but i don't feel like spending $18 on a fucking zipper. How did you engineer your entry? It looks like you ran it floor to ceiling and then cut a big hole out? Is that just a flap now that rolls up and down?

Velcro my friend. Velcro. The front panel is a separate piece. I basically wrapped the box save one side. Then taped the face flap on at the top, and stuck velcro on the frame side and the flap edge. So the entire thing rips open and yeah you roll it up or like I have another little piece of velcro to hold it open.

Dollar store grow man 🤣

Caninobis

Caninobis

Velcro my friend. Velcro. The front panel is a separate piece. I basically wrapped the box save one side. Then taped the face flap on at the top, and stuck velcro on the frame side and the flap edge. So the entire thing rips open and yeah you roll it up or like I have another little piece of velcro to hold it open.

Dollar store grow man 🤣

Hey man i'm right there with you. I was buying lights and all sorts of other shit and the wife started to notice so i compromised and told her i'll just build a cheap tent instead of buying one. Well, turns out building a cheap tent only ends up saving you about $10 when compared to an actual cheap tent from amazon lmao. I basically built mine the same way but i wrapped all the way around and then taped the top seam of the front opening half way and left the rest unsecured so i could pull it open from the bottom corner but now i have to duck to get in the damn thing every time and light escapes from the bottom where it is still open. I was just thinking today i'm going to seal the whole front side up, cut a slit down the middle and then run a new piece of plastic as a flap that i would roll up to open so that i could cover the slit, lmao. Way to over complicated. I like your idea better.

BigCube

BigCube

I love this grow... Just goes to show what some planning can do on budget.

🤣 Thanks man. It's got to be the smallest grow I've done for sure. But it also might just be my favorite grow I've done too.

This tent is only a prototype for what I have planned. It was only made and used to test sizes, environment, and equipment. I believe I have enough worked out to move on to phase 2.

In the end it will be a 18x18x36 self contained silent, odorless low power grow box. That could be cleverly hidden in many ways.

Anyways I have several ideas and dont want to out them yet 😆

Caninobis

Caninobis

🤣 Thanks man. It's got to be the smallest grow I've done for sure. But it also might just be my favorite grow I've done too.

This tent is only a prototype for what I have planned. It was only made and used to test sizes, environment, and equipment. I believe I have enough worked out to move on to phase 2.

In the end it will be a 18x18x36 self contained silent, odorless low power grow box. That could be cleverly hidden in many ways.

Anyways I have several ideas and dont want to out them yet 😆

I used to have a decent tent years ago when i started growing, before i was busted for "manufacturing a controlled substance", and ultimately stopped growing for the last 5 years until just a few months ago and i was never a pro by any means but i've got to say i really like my little rinky dink tent as well. Its all made from PVC so if i want to expand it its as simple as pulling off the corner pieces, throwing in a couple couplings, some new pipe, wrapping the fucker back up, and bam upgraded grow tent 🤣

BigCube

BigCube

Hey man i'm right there with you. I was buying lights and all sorts of other shit and the wife started to notice so i compromised and told her i'll just build a cheap tent instead of buying one. Well, turns out building a cheap tent only ends up saving you about $10 when compared to an actual cheap tent from amazon lmao. I basically built mine the same way but i wrapped all the way around and then taped the top seam of the front opening half way and left the rest unsecured so i could pull it open from the bottom corner but now i have to duck to get in the damn thing every time and light escapes from the bottom where it is still open. I was just thinking today i'm going to seal the whole front side up, cut a slit down the middle and then run a new piece of plastic as a flap that i would roll up to open so that i could cover the slit, lmao. Way to over complicated. I like your idea better.

Lol. Well mine was cheap. Like $5 for the wood, the panda was free, but it's about $5 in panda. $1 roll of black $1 roll of white duct tape and velcro $1.

You cant count all the gear. But even if you do.. hand made felt pot $1, 3 aluminum trays $1, 7 100w led bulbs $28,
100cfm duct fan $20, USB fan $5.

That's about it lol.

Caninobis

Caninobis

Lol. Well mine was cheap. Like $5 for the wood, the panda was free, but it's about $5 in panda. $1 roll of black $1 roll of white duct tape and velcro $1.

You cant count all the gear. But even if you do.. hand made felt pot $1, 3 aluminum trays $1, 7 100w led bulbs $28,

That's about it lol.

Oh wow you did way better than i did. All the PVC parts and the pipe cost like $18, the roll of black plastic $7, mylar sheets $7, and the duct tape $1. I didn't learn about the panda plastic until yesterday unfortunately so i'm just using a thick black plastic sheeting with mylar in front of it and it seems to do pretty well with not letting light escape through the walls themselves.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter

That's about it lol.
I use bathroom fans I pick up newish but used for $5, box them up then add ducting in and out, very quiet and they last running 24/7. I have one that's not shut off for over a year now except during power failures.

BigCube

BigCube

I use bathroom fans I pick up newish but used for $5, box them up then add ducting in and out, very quiet and they last running 24/7. I have one that's not shut off for over a year now except during power failures.

Thought of those too. Do they push or pull through filter very well?

BigCube

BigCube

Week 8 update.

20191115 085711

Buds are looking mighty tasty. Constantly surprised, after all it's under 150w for the entire thing.

20191115 101858

I've put in a larger extraction fan, this one is the 200 cfm vivosun, the smallest one you can get that will push or pull through a carbon filter. Also added an intake fan, to double as air movement for inside the tent. Moved the usb fan that was on rhe bottom. To the top to blow across the flowers.

20191115 085833

Hard to see in the pictures, but it's pretty much a bunch of buds with a few leaves sticking out here and there. Lol

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Man this is an awesome grow log with those $7 LEDs they even look quite far away in one of those pictures, impressive!
That's beautiful, you're book marked for future reference, I need to get my buddy on this. Says he's got no room to grow lol. Shit he could toss out his dryer hang his clothes outside. OR pull out the guts in a dryer and use its frame for a sm grow, intake air port, exhaust port, power supply, stealth. lol right there in your laundry room.

Caninobis

Caninobis

That's beautiful, you're book marked for future reference, I need to get my buddy on this. Says he's got no room to grow lol. Shit he could toss out his dryer hang his clothes outside. OR pull out the guts in a dryer and use its frame for a sm grow, intake air port, exhaust port, power supply, stealth. lol right there in your laundry room.

Bro he could damn near grow one of these under his bed if he wanted too 😂
Throw the box spring up on center blocks to give him a little more height build the rest of the box off the box spring throw some dollar store LED’s in there with a clone and he’s good to go using this method @BigCube is on to something here!

Top Bottom