Homebrew420s' Seed Creation and Selection

• Thread starter homebrew420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
soserthc1

soserthc1

My question @homebrew420 do you seems to have a knat problem with coco as that is what i here from some coco growers as I have been pondering switching as plant's seem to veg much faster in coco to what i see . I personally have never run anything but soil as there are not many soil or coco options here but i eventually need to start going hydro or at least a drip water system when summer comes as Ican't be glued to the room during summer as I have a vacation home and am tired of running home early to water on Sunday's or depending on kid during vacations.

Also I would like to ask your selection process on picking dudes as i have found a few of each variety so far and wanna start eliminating some but can't really decide actually i have a hard time eliminating any plants .....

rEsPecT sOs

homebrew420

homebrew420

@sOs in short...yeah. this is/can be true for most hydro or system whereby the surface is moist most of the time. Easy mitigation, floating mosquito dunks in res helps. And spray surface down with pyganic or something. Easy crittes to control, difficult to eliminate. I work in a larger garden than most so keep that in mind. At home or single entrance warehouse should be easier maintenance. Coco dtw is the EASIEST method I have tried. And if you fortunate enough to live in warmer climate you can feed your home garden the runoff! We use compressed block coir. We have a LARGE amount. Expand block by adding aprox .8gal to each #3bag to be filled. Whalah! Cheap coir will work just as well, usually, when coupled with an automated system.
As for dude selection, I like to ditch the first to show, if I have that many to start with, vigor, structure, aroma. In that order. I want the seeds I produce to carry vigor. Some of the moms are slow. Some don't need it, Theys gonta gitt sum anyhow dough! Yeah!...sorry.

I hope that helps.
Peace

PuertoViejo

PuertoViejo

Big props, hope you're projects are going well my computer took a dive on me so I'v haven't been on much. However started these seeds this week.... Lights of Kingston, Cherricuda, Redneck Rasta, Lost Train and Wita... with Rambo, Tahoe Star and Dancehall still waiting for their time. So far everything has cracked normally no complaints.

homebrew420

homebrew420

Pv...you save potential keppers next seed runs is on me! That is a HELL of a list. Kudos.

homebrew420

homebrew420

Just potentially SCORED HUGE!!!
All these seed where collected and seperated in the late 60's and early 70s, into various varieties. Have a group of Panama from what the gift stated.
20131031 074424

Yeah thank Doug!! Old man drywall!
I know what I am doing this weekend
Peace

homebrew420

homebrew420

That should have gone another 3-4? Weeks. Not this time. They smell so different. One earthy similar to the flavor of raw hemp seed. Rich. The other is the same but more cirtusy.

MtGrownCanna

MtGrownCanna

Nice pile of seed! Looks like the Malawi would be some good weed, given the time.....not sure it's worth it though. 16 weeks is crazy long. I'm not sure any bud is worth 16 weeks, unless of course, there is no veg time needed. Were you thinking about breeding with her?

homebrew420

homebrew420

I feel compelled at some point to at least open pollinate. I would like to pick up African Buzz from seedsman before and use them as well. Better diversity within known landrace origin.
Going to try and work some magic with those oldies.

Peace

stickyfing3rs

stickyfing3rs

damn, that's a hell of a score with those seeds hb. I can remember my dad talking about all the oldies from the 60s maybe early 70s, he told me one time after smoking some Panama red he had an out of body experience and could see himself sitting on the couch. coulda been a number of drugs that made him do it though haha he's a pretty crazy guy. hope ya find something great in those beans man!

MtGrownCanna

MtGrownCanna

HB- What feeding cycle works best for you? How many times a day do you feed your coco and how many times a week do you flush with R/O? Some people say water a little bit multiple times a day and others say make sure to have at least 20% runoff. What do you think? I started an S1 Larry OG in an even mix of coco and perlite. I bought some Peters salt fertilizer to use....what do you think? ;) J/K..... Bought some Calmg and Canna Coco A+B, and some free Bio Rhizotonic to try out. My plan is to start feeding day 5 at 250ppm and work my way up to 1000ppm toward the end of budding.

homebrew420

homebrew420

Mg I am becoming even mor partial to the blended salts. Peters is fool-proof so long as pH is proper. We mix essentailly, 2.5g hydro .5-1g magsulfate, 2g cal nit. Adding up to .5g MKP in flower starting the third week. Nothing else. Plants ve aprox 40days in tray/table setup (ebb/flow and top feed). Fed between 2-4x daily, size dependent. Using 2 jugs fill with warm water mix salts in jugs and they fully disolve in a min or 2. Hydro mag and when mpk, same jug, Cal nit needs to be mixed seperate.
The ec for mix stated should yield an ec of about 1.7 and oh is around 6.3 - 6.5. Adjust then check again in a few hours if possible. Adjust. There is some good pH drift observed after the first night in recirc system and no drift at all on dtw. Obviously. Never more thn 4x daily but one could get away with 3.
Know nothing of canna other than the regonculous price of products.
This should be what your looking for.

The Gorilla Glue 4 on ic looks INSANE! Really looking forward to it.
And Chocolate Thai, get pict up tomorrow. About week 3 now.

soserthc1

soserthc1

Just potentially SCORED HUGE!!!
All these seed where collected and seperated in the late 60's and early 70s, into various varieties. Have a group of Panama from what the gift stated.View attachment 348590

Yeah thank Doug!! Old man drywall!
I know what I am doing this weekend
Peace

Super envious close to breaking a rule , thinking some of those should be on the east coast.....lol... nice score bro

soserthc1

soserthc1

Nice pile of seed! Looks like the Malawi would be some good weed, given the time.....not sure it's worth it though. 16 weeks is crazy long. I'm not sure any bud is worth 16 weeks, unless of course, there is no veg time needed. Were you thinking about breeding with her?

every legal garden should have at least 1 long sativa in it just for that creative up high - i know mine would , now running a shit ton would be out of question but i would at least have 1 long sativa strain going at all times jmho

homebrew420

homebrew420

Hoping there will be a room with 4 lights dedicated to producing both flowers and seeds of these long running sats. We have a KILLER jack that goes 10 for the killer sat pheno. The Pan is good, more of a novelty but sells. Difficult to make these 12+week sats to be commercially viable options long term. Every now and again is great. A ton of work to process these for the store.
We are working on it...doing research ito breaking dormancy. May have to get a few special chemical s.

Peace

Top Bottom