Homebrew420s' Seed Creation and Selection

• Thread starter homebrew420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
malamus

malamus

@homebrew420 After drooling over this thread for weeks I had to make the trip into the shop. Got some Cherry Diesel and wax and I have to say the meds are definitely the best I've ever bought from a store. CD tasted almost exactly like how one of my home plants is smelling in flower, a pleasant surprise.

I managed to get a list of all the seeds for sale and my mind is racing, immediately starting to save up for a seed spree!

UCMETOO

UCMETOO

Hey Phoenix, just make the effort to read this thread.

It's called 'doing your own research' give it a try,......... they tend to run around $10 per seed and they can only sell you units of 6 seeds, the list is insainely long and very well researched, on a side note I'm seeing you on many of the threads i follow ( and your attitude is comming off like that of an irritating rookie stooge ) please be a goodone, not another asshat!

Sorry if i seem to be coming down on you but your harshing my buzz on so many threads,......

phoenixfire

phoenixfire

@homebrew420

After reading the thread I see and read the variety in your wares. Being so astute in your efforts, and I hope your not offended by my knewb question, how do you put such intricate attention to each of your creations? Litter ally I want to know how can you articulate the effort in each every 1000 creations you have created?

UCMETOO

UCMETOO

Now your looking for a free seminar?

DOOODE!!!

Make some effort on your own will ya? Go to the shop and talk to them in person, they are very open and willing to talk to ya about what ever you want,..... 14ers Holistic in BOULDER COLORADO!

homebrew420

homebrew420

You are all too kind. The easy part is making seeds the tough part is first choosing which one to grow then to evaluate. So many and so little time.
@phoenixfire I am hypercritical of my own creations and sometimes to the point of fault. I am looking for high percentage of keeper individuals. I know what I am looking for when I find it usually. Hahaha no real preconceived notions of what to experience. At least with the first few hybrids from same father. One begins to notice visual, smell, and taste the difference of parents used. Then I make preconceived notions. With some form of accuracy. really knowing a female plant gives a good starting point to understanding how her progeny will fair under similar circumstances.

I have an un real harvest tomorrow grown by the amazing @_reachay_ on ig. young guy whos really got his shit together. Produces ridiculous amount of fire running the 14Boulder rec garden currently.

these plants are 5+ft tall. Looking at about .93lb per 315w fixture....he does great work.

peace

phoenixfire

phoenixfire

You are all too kind. The easy part is making seeds the tough part is first choosing which one to grow then to evaluate. So many and so little time.
@phoenixfire I am hypercritical of my own creations and sometimes to the point of fault. I am looking for high percentage of keeper individuals. I know what I am looking for when I find it usually. Hahaha no real preconceived notions of what to experience. At least with the first few hybrids from same father. One begins to notice visual, smell, and taste the difference of parents used. Then I make preconceived notions. With some form of accuracy. really knowing a female plant gives a good starting point to understanding how her progeny will fair under similar circumstances.

I have an un real harvest tomorrow grown by the amazing @_reachay_ on ig. young guy whos really got his shit together. Produces ridiculous amount of fire running the 14Boulder rec garden currently.

View attachment 483655
these plants are 5+ft tall. Looking at about .93lb per 315w fixture....he does great work.

peace
Looks like that's 630 drawing from the wall per 5.5 footprint? Might be alright, depends on your ROI, how longs the veg and shit like that to crunch all numbers but oh I have been distracted .......
With all those different pairing you werK with how can you have an intimate understanding of what your breeding I mean it's mind boggling to believe enough attention is put into anyone of those projects, I really appreciate your style your as humble as DarkHorse genetics guy he really never dodges tuff questions

homebrew420

homebrew420

Well thanks agai. The system we use is extremely easy and reauires minor attention tobdetail giving us a little more time in the individual rooms to inspect for pest, and disease. The only real concern Is in the test room with 2 4x8 tables all (mostly ) grown from seed. Going through and looking an individual up and down and all through kut is time consuming. However a once a week thorough check is adequate.
There is a myth that your plant want a different nutritional needs and one needs to do xyz to plant A but plant B is a Calcium hog. False. Sometimes plants are more affected by pH than others and I BELIEVE this is the difference. Our pH doesn't ever go out of range. DTW coir makes life simple.

Peace

phoenixfire

phoenixfire

There is a myth that your plant want a different nutritional needs and one needs to do xyz to plant A but plant B is a Calcium hog. False.
I enjoy following bold farmers, to say that is a myth leads me to think you grow your sativa dominaNTs the same as your indica dominants, very intriguing? You mean foodwise only? Regardless very interesting.

homebrew420

homebrew420

@phoenixfire yes sir we feed everyhing the same. And have never noticed poor results from nutrients. And yeah theu are all treated the same as well. Short, tall, lanky, to bushy. Ideally 18-24" canopy, sometimes it gets a little deeper, 36"? that is plant size depending.
And I chuckle ever time I see some cat running a 10part formula with all these additives and 2 part grow, etc. Salts win. This summer I am going to try my hand at a number of different organic formulas, I almost dont care at all. However I feel my knowledge is lacking in that dept and I should correct that.

@Edible Man thanks and glad to hear we can help.

T

TeterPosh

I look forward to digging into mixing raw salts in the coming months, as much to have first hand experience doing it to go along with what you and others have shared, but also for the relative simplicity, lower cost, and yay science vs hippy-wisdom lessons it will teach.

I dint know if you missed it, but earlier in this thread I was asking about the following stains:

Are these particular varieties still around, and what's your current thinking on each:

Reno
HMS
Southern Charm
any notable MIS variant
any notable Truth variant
Tahoe x The Truth
Moonshine Haze
Hamantash
Bright Cookies

Thanks again sharing knowledge regarding feeding and all that.

homebrew420

homebrew420

science with a dash of hippie wisdom! hahaha so much better though. Lets connect again soon and I will get you some samples of the nutes @TeterPosh. and yes bud those are still available. I want to see people growing the Reno and Back, Fire charm I have a few little ones of and we will be testing a few. HMS is an awesome variety. short funky haze. Looks like haze flowers on an Indica type frame. Great yields. Moonshine haze is fairly similar. i just sprouted
Snowden, (Mazar-i-Sharif x Truth), 20
DurrraFlame (Lucky Charms x Fire og bx), 20
Shamanic Influence, Magik x Lost Tribe, 20
Chocolate Thai #2,#3 open pollinated by 2 males, 15 each

I have also recently purchased some Triacontonal and polysorbate 20 for emulsifier. I will be experimenting with this to see if it has value for our industry. I believe it will.

To those interested we will be selling the lights we helped design and currently use in nearly every stage of growth. Sustainable Growth Technologies (in conjunction with BLI) is coming folks and we are hoping to inform and educate you all about the 315w Agro Elite from Philip's. These outperform Gavitas, E-Pap, D-Paps and without blinking a 1000w hps. Per square footage I doubt one could do better than with one of these 315w. at approximately 2 feet from top of canopy using 5 fixtures on a 4x8 table we went from an average of 2.6lb (using 2 1kw hps) to now 4.6lb in the same area changing only the light setup. These are showing efficiency besting even the highest quality LEDs in the PAR rating system. we nearly doubled our yields with these new lights.

Peace

K

kuz

Almost 4.5 pounds from 1500 watts? wow. I am trying to get to 2 lbs per light so I can brag a little. I remember when you where killing it if you could reach 1 lb a light. How many plants on the 4x8?

UCMETOO

UCMETOO

Really glad to hear about the lights,...spent a little time with BLI ( the lack heat produced by the 315w is the most amazing thing to me so far ) and we went over the ' produces like a 600w ' thing but i was taken aback by the price point,.......did you guys find a way to get it to a lower initial purchase point?

Ten of those replacing my 3 x 1k lights is all i want for christmas,......well then i want a flip of ten more, but i've been really good SANTA!!!!

cannapits

cannapits

Original Swamp Fam
Supporter
science with a dash of hippie wisdom! hahaha so much better though. Lets connect again soon and I will get you some samples of the nutes @TeterPosh. and yes bud those are still available. I want to see people growing the Reno and Back, Fire charm I have a few little ones of and we will be testing a few. HMS is an awesome variety. short funky haze. Looks like haze flowers on an Indica type frame. Great yields. Moonshine haze is fairly similar. i just sprouted
Snowden, (Mazar-i-Sharif x Truth), 20
DurrraFlame (Lucky Charms x Fire og bx), 20
Shamanic Influence, Magik x Lost Tribe, 20
Chocolate Thai #2,#3 open pollinated by 2 males, 15 each

I have also recently purchased some Triacontonal and polysorbate 20 for emulsifier. I will be experimenting with this to see if it has value for our industry. I believe it will.

To those interested we will be selling the lights we helped design and currently use in nearly every stage of growth. Sustainable Growth Technologies (in conjunction with BLI) is coming folks and we are hoping to inform and educate you all about the 315w Agro Elite from Philip's. These outperform Gavitas, E-Pap, D-Paps and without blinking a 1000w hps. Per square footage I doubt one could do better than with one of these 315w. at approximately 2 feet from top of canopy using 5 fixtures on a 4x8 table we went from an average of 2.6lb (using 2 1kw hps) to now 4.6lb in the same area changing only the light setup. These are showing efficiency besting even the highest quality LEDs in the PAR rating system. we nearly doubled our yields with these new lights.

Peace

no shit. Ive heard those lights were the truth but damn they are so expensive. guess its a trade off. lovin this thread my friend.. keep up the love my brother. lots to think about for when I get started again.. best wishes and always much respect.

Latest posts

Top Bottom