Homebrew420s' Seed Creation and Selection

• Thread starter homebrew420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
homebrew420

homebrew420

Hello all my fellow farmers. This thread will be a place for me and other to come and discuss anything to do with breeding and variety selection. In particular, the varieties the we run, testing efficacy of both our creations as well as the many gifted/purchased.

So a little background. I am fortunate enough to work with one of the better(we think the best!) MMC's in the Boulder area. They have been around a few years now and have found quite a following.

There are a number of unique varieties that we are going to get into seed for the general public for their medicinal/rec value. Pictures will follow soon of The TRUTH, Accidental Magic, Humboldt Express, and hopefully my newly developed Magic(a select sat. leaning Magic Merlin F3Bx2). We have a great number of different flavors and effects and are selecting a few good males to carry on these varieties as well as create many new and exciting hybrids, in both flower, Meds, and seed form. The number of seeds sprouted will never be less than 30+ at a time and will likely be split between 2 or 3 varieties.
Selections are made on many before they even reach maturity. Vigor is of the utmost importance. With the variety we have access to there will be NO shortage of fire to be sure.

This will be an ongoing thread. So feel free to post questions comments and certainly picts of varieties we are growing or related to. I am happy to answer any questions regarding this project or any other I am currently involved in. There will most likely be so experimenting with PGRs such as gibberellic acid(breaking seed dormancy) some triacantanol, and hopefully some others.
So please feel free to post what ya think.
Thanks and we will see you down on the FARM!!

Peace

deep buddy

deep buddy

nice HB420 i know you are one busy man. glad you are getting to work with all these badass genetics! ill be watching and hopefully contributing to this thread. and thanks again for everything.
this will be exciting.:)

homebrew420

homebrew420

Hey thanks for the kind words. Tomorrow I will be taking picts of All mothers I will be working with initially
The first group of hybrids to be created will all be pollinated by our very nice Tahoe OG male. He has proven his worth in at least 2 crosses we are now testing. Happy enough to make a few more...
Blue Dream
Pre 98 Bub
Maui Wowi
Chemdog 91
XXX OG
Accidental Magic
Bubbleberry

To further a few of theses lines we will work them a few generations, 91, pre98 and xxx trying to find both replicas of the clone mothers and other unique phenos of interest in seed form for all growers to enjoy.
We figure the hybrids will be fun and interesting, providing a plethora of wonderful flavors and effects.

On the medicinal front here we have found an outstanding selection of Harlequin, and will be working her and other high CBD varieties. We have a few Pakistani Citral Kush that we believe to be of higher CBD than average. And a SoCal Magic variety that is helping some of the older patients, that may very well be used in this quest.

Landrace varieties we have and will be using to different ends; Panama red, Mazar-i(collected from the valley from 3 different farms in the area), an African male collected during a grad school study abroad program, and if we can get them to break dormancy Acapulco Gold. I am sure we can figure something fun with these.

in the breeding room now:
Females- Banana Smack and XXX OG
Male- Banana Smack x XXX OG
I feel the Bx to the XXX may very well improve the vigor and overall yield of the XXX. As for the Banana Smack I feel it will increase the flavor and overall potency, not that the BS needs it, but it cant hurt! 6 weeks to go!

In pursuit of greatness..

SolMannaFest

SolMannaFest

This will be an ongoing thread. So feel free to post questions comments and certainly picts of varieties we are growing or related to. I am happy to answer any questions regarding this project or any other I am currently involved in. There will most likely be so experimenting with PGRs such as gibberellic acid(breaking seed dormancy) some triacantanol, and hopefully some others.
So please feel free to post what ya think

Peace

Hey HB! Righteous strains breden, seriously.
My question(s) is/are:

1.) What side affects (both short term and long term) if any, do you feel will be cast upon a persons health consuming your product knowing they are being manipulated by PGR's and GA?

2.) Are you an Organic grower? Or Chemical grower? (rhetorical question, as I feel I know the answer)

3.) More so, personally...do III have anything to worry about when consuming a product containing PGR's or GA? Why and why not?

I appreciate any and all heartfelt, honest, real talk answers you may provide me with!

Inquisitive Med Patient,

Sol

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
Now that a dream garden. Much respect bro. U have a new follower....
What is banana smack? Is that available in seed form now?

Don't know the genetics, but it is cheesy in smell and taste.

HB - What do you think about the potency of the Banana Smack?

outwest

homebrew420

homebrew420

Hey thanks everyone for the feed back and interest.
And now to answer a few questions.
Oldluck the BananaSmack is a BillyGoat Seed offering consisting of Banana(E-32 trainwreck seed sister) x Oriental Express(E-32 x pure Thai male)
Neverbreak somewhere outside Johannesburg SA I believe.
Solmanna, Hi there. 1) I don't know of any side effects with the use of specific compounds we MAY be testing. However I would never use an unnatural PGR and nothing that is not deemed fit for human consumption.
2) We use Jacks Professional Hydroponics by JR Peters. All salts in a modified RDWC.
3)I don't think so. Any of these compounds would not be used on any meds for consumption by the public. Not to mention the fact that we are required by law not to spray anything unless ORMI listed onto the plants. Calcium-25 is the only one that comes to mind on that front. Contains Triacontanol, an overall growth accelerator.
To be honest i have made 2 applications spaced over a week and didn't notice any increased growth. We will make more better effort to see if we can make gains using this product. I think Capulator might have used this as well. Not sure though.
If I felt there was a danger to using these PGR I would not even think about using. I feel they are safe if used properly.

Peace

slausongardens

slausongardens

nice.. i do the same type of stuff. always running a variety of genetics. i have friends that always tell me i need to just run 2 or 3 strains and stick to em but i love genetics so much i gotta grow them all and see all the amazing flavors in the flowers. thats my passion. i do grow for the money but most the time i spend so much money on everything with mothers and breeding and testing that i dont always make money a lot of times i lose so really i do it all for the love. and my love is in seeing all the genetic expressions. its just bad ass to me. i probably have 80 different strains going right now in all different stages.. i could just max out all my rooms with tahoe og and make a whole bunch of money but id rather see all the different beautiful buds.

cant wait to see some pictures of these babies.. im curious about the magic and osme of the other ones and the breeding youre planning.. good luck with it and ill keep checking in.

homebrew420

homebrew420

Slausongardens good to see ya. This Tahoe male seems to be legit. We are going to run another test of his progeny next month to verify for certain he is as good as we think. But the Lemon Skunk x Tahoe is amazing, the smell and gland production is real nice. Heavy lemon fuel, one has a lemon putrid garbage smell... only one that a cannabis lover could enjoy. These seeds are going into production and will be available at out n boulder shop in a few months. Lemony Fire on the mountain folks.

On a sad note the African male we had has been culled. after a long battle for life, he has given up the ghost. Which sucks because we never collected pollen. Stunted runt since seed. Bummer

Peace

homebrew420

homebrew420

Ok sorry for the wait on the pictures. Here we have some if not most of the selected moms.
First up, The Truth, carribean variety. Truly a very special selection.
P5180143
P5180145

Top Bottom