Homemade Male Isolation Chamber

• Thread starter Og Gong
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Og Gong

Og Gong

Rip Geologic
DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME ! But I built an isolation chamber to house my males while breeding. Also, (I know it was stupid) but I tried to breed naturally spider mite resistant MJ in the same chamberView attachment 541892 . Regardless, The moral of the story is If it's too close for mites, it's too close for pollen. Even the tiniest of grow box with a florescent light WILL pop your males and produce plenty of pollen. On a positive note, I learned a lot of stuff about mites that I could never learn in a book. They don't like Mexican food.
Lol cool man. Thanks for stopping by bro.

ARoachclip

ARoachclip

Lol cool man. Thanks for stopping by bro.
It has been my pleasure. I'm just stuck in limbo right now. Waiting on the tricomes to turn is like watching grass grow. I have been aware of this forum for many years but I'm not a computer guy. I've struggled with the forum but I've decided not to waste my down time. Thanks a bunch, "Highest Regards" Been farming long 2
Been farming long 2
. Ashley Roachclip.

Og Gong

Og Gong

Rip Geologic
It has been my pleasure. I'm just stuck in limbo right now. Waiting on the tricomes to turn is like watching grass grow. I have been aware of this forum for many years but I'm not a computer guy. I've struggled with the forum but I've decided not to waste my down time. Thanks a bunch, "Highest Regards"View attachment 541895 View attachment 541895 . Ashley Roachclip.
Awesome man looking good!

ARoachclip

ARoachclip

That looks beautiful. Thanks for reminding me that I need a trip to the coast fix! I think it's about eighty here and breezy.

Og Gong

Og Gong

Rip Geologic
iScream #6

iScream #4

Most likely I will hit these girls with the Bruce Banner 1.0 male for a BX. Then I will use the iScream male in the iso chamber to BX to the Sour Strawberry mom. I may run 1 more iScream male that has a Li Chi stem rub with purple stems in the chamber after this iScream kush male is done. And eventually BX it to the Sour Strawberry mom. The Mellow Mood male I have has a tropical punch stem rub and will be the 5th male in line for the chamber.

KaliHydro619

KaliHydro619

Hunt for the next stud is on I just popped the captains connection girls scout glue bodhi angelica and godhead also jaws purple Alice and a gage green grapestomper x Joseph's og and Crockett citrus sap and strayfox green warrior starfaighter x yeti f3 vanilla pheno keep you guys posted

Last edited:
CelticEBE

CelticEBE

@Og Gong

Did you have any issues with the weather stripping sticking to itself when you try to open the chamber?

Og Gong

Og Gong

Rip Geologic
@Og Gong

Did you have any issues with the weather stripping sticking to itself when you try to open the chamber?
No the insulation tape separated ok. My issue was the insulation tape would unstick from the plastic container over time. I still taped the seams with duct tape for insurance.

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

No the insulation tape separated ok. My issue was the insulation tape would unstick from the plastic container over time. I still taped the seams with duct tape for insurance.
Thats kind of what happened to me, I tried to open the chamber and it was sealed shut.....after a bit of prying the weather stripping came off the plastic.

Might try some gorilla glue (the actual glue) to keep it from peeling off the plastic.

I have a reversal project going on and need to be able to get in and out of the chamber to spray her down til she becomes a he and drops some pollen.

Thanks for the super fast response!!! You were ON that.

Last edited:
Og Gong

Og Gong

Rip Geologic
Thats kind of what happened to me, I tried to open the chamber and it was sealed shut.....after a bit of prying the weather stripping came off the plastic.

Might try some gorilla glue (the actual glue) to keep it from peeling off the plastic.

I have a reversal project going on and need to be able to get in and out of the chamber to spray her down til she becomes a he and drops some pollen.

Cool thanks for the tip. I only ran males in the chamber so I just keep it closed until the end. I see what your saying though. I'm thinking maybe drill a small hole on each side of the chamber big enough to be able to spray the plant. Then seal the hole with a small piece of tape. So it's quick and easy.

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

Cool thanks for the tip. I only ran males in the chamber so I just keep it closed until the end. I see what your saying though. I'm thinking maybe drill a small hole on each side of the chamber big enough to be able to spray the plant. Then seal the hole with a small piece of tape. So it's quick and easy.
With reversals you really want to remove the plant you are spraying away from others so you don't actually get anything on the other plants.

Gonna snag some glue tomorrow and see how it works.

Thanks for posting this great DIY. I will snap some pics of mine tomorrow as I did a couple things just a little different. I'm also going to use Blumats to keep everything watered.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Hello, just wanted to see if anybody built any male isolation chambers? I know a few did this to be able to grow your male in your flower room with the females and be able to control pollination. I built one off brother "Jaws" gift wrapping paper container concept. My space is very limited so this was my best alternative. This leads to my next rookie breeder question. Is it best to separate all males when growing them out? Example: I have 3 males of the same genetics 2 look similar and the 3rd is different. Is it best to try and grow them out in complete isolation of each other? Or is it ok to put the 2 similar males together? fyi this is my first breeding project.View attachment 499114 View attachment 499114
Boom well if this just beats all. Love it.. guess I need to read how it worked out....

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Awesome! I'm gonna build one. It seems self explanatory. But if not I may hit u up with some questions.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

No problem man anytime.
Hey bro.. Quick question, I see your a mod... Who is the one that I would negotiate with on the seeds... They sell packs of 7. I have 8 buckets... Do you think a person could negotiate that 8th seed lol???

Top Bottom