Hoop House Killa 2017.

• Thread starter MendoGiantZ
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
m8ty

m8ty

awesome thread..

Mendo can you elaborate a little on the benefits of going with the hoop over your last set up?

I'm thinking the protection from the weather being one of the better benefits huh?

also the light diffusion and light hour control with supplemental lighting being another benefit, what other benefits are there?

I would like to add some input on possible improvements to your awesome set up, I notice between the beds there is allot f mud, you could use a walk way, maybe some ply wood laid on top of a mulch something like that..

and for the irrigation, maybe something that will wet the beds more evenly something like this:

Mud
Sprinkler
MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

The pvc frame is only used as a support system for our black out tarps. We aren't going to use greenhouse plastic or anything else to cover them. We realized that the plastics block a lot of air flow and raise the humidity which caused us problems. The spray emmiters you showed are kinda expensive and we don't want to stalks of the plants to get hit with any water or it can create stalk rot

Bulldog420

Bulldog420

Premium Member
Supporter
What are your plans for the year @Bulldog420 You got some greenhouses going? Full term? Any genetics your excited about running??

Keep going back and forth on what to do. It will all be low tech this year. Can't spend the money on anything substantial till my county decides on something. I also applied for the Ad Hoc comity in my county so I am a little more exposed this year. However I might just take a page out of your book and build some hoop houses on the cheap. I already have two more permanent greenhouses I will be depping for sure, but thinking of adding another couple 100ft hoop houses and stuffing them full. I should also have 25-50 full season plants as well. Hoping for a big year, and trying to hit as many cannabis shows as possible. Need to find a good team, my biggest weakness.

That soil sounds nice, wish I had quality soil around me........

The Terps

The Terps

It would be more expensive and initially time consuming but octa bubblers are really my favorite watering method actually flora flex is about to release a model with quick releases I think but not sure on price comparison. I don't know anyone who uses them who doesn't like more than any other system they've had.

I've run mine with salts every feed till flush and then just rip, replant, repeat and have done zero upkeep on them and they operate as well as the day I first used them with no sign of deterioration.

If you did need to adjust them or clean them or replace a part it's super easy to do like no experience no how to video or instructions easy.

I use the red top one 10 gph. The cost around 16 $ each water each of its 8 lines evenly throughout the entire zone they are sweet. Easy to take down and set up elsewhere also once the initial pvc components are glued together

Bulldog420

Bulldog420

Premium Member
Supporter
@Terps what company do you use? Drip works?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Mendo, I like the idea of just using the blackout tarps and not using any other plastic over the plants. I look forward to seeing this grow.
I also applied for the Ad Hoc comity in my county so I am a little more exposed this year.
Fantastic! It's difficult to get involved, but it's also very necessary. I'm sure you've heard about what's happening in Calaveras, and if they do go back to a ban the county will go broke paying to litigate all the lawsuits they'll have on their hands. I'm glad your county has held off instead of jumping the gun and made allowances for reasonable medical cultivation in the meantime, it shows some sense. The fact that a great grower wants to participate is good for everyone, too.

Bulldog420

Bulldog420

Premium Member
Supporter
You mind sharing your time schedule with us Mendo? How many harvests are you trying to get?

MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

Receive all of my clones at one time... (harder then it sounds) --- March first is what I'm shooting for.... Transplant all of my plants into 3 gallon squat pots with light fluffy potting soil to help battle the cold weather they will go through in early march with barely any roots. Put all the three gallon pots into 3 raised beds at each property... Im going to build these hoop houses first and cover them with 6 mil cheap see through plastic from friedmas or home depot.. I will also run 100 ft of the electrical cords with a light socket every 10 feet and have fluorescent bulbs plugged in all the way down to keep them from flowering... Considering running a couple heaters if we are gonna get some super cold nights but I don't think ill need it if I have the whole hoop house completely covered... Have the lights on timers coming on at 1 am and going off after the sun comes up to keep them from flowering..
April first the plants will have had a month to grow in the greenhouses and should be pretty nice bushy plants.. If they had a slow start because of the cold then I will give them another week or so until they are about two feet tall with a bunch of tops. "i will top them once at about two weeks old". Early in the month of april I will plant 120 plants in the 95 foot long beds and about 100 plants in the 75 foot long beds at the other property. Im planning on doing 3 plants wide by about 35 plants all the way down the 7.5 foot beds.. (ill know more when i see how big the plants actually got..).. Once I plant these plants they are going to flower.. So early april until about June 1st is the flowering time...
Get all of my clones for the second round may 20th... I won't have anywhere to put them all so I need to figure out somewhere to put them without the light getting anywhere near the hoop houses.. May 20th is supposedly the safe day to put clones out but It would majorily suck to have 1500 clones go into shock and flower on me... I will probably put them in two carports into 4 inch pots just to give them two weeks to adjust to the light before I harvest everything and put them into the raised beds... So transplant all the 4 inch pots into the beds june 5th right after we harvest- we will have 5 days during the drying period to prep all the beds and transplant... This way we can get everything planted and focus on trimming and curing... Veg for 3 or 4 weeks and make sure to fill the whole space up.. This is our most important run... About 4 weeks later the beds should be packed with super big healthy mid summer plants that are ready to boost.... Flip them July 5th... 2 months to harvest--- right after we harvest august 5th I will have the next set of clones in the 3 gallon pots from the first round ready to plop in... These plants will go in august 5th and I hope the grow naturally with the sun for 2 weeks or so and become well established before they start to flower and finish with the natural light...

PS --- sorry about the confusing middle part with the 4 inch pots and where to put the plants-- unfortunately i still need to figure this out

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Receive all of my clones at one time... (harder then it sounds) --- March first is what I'm shooting for.... Transplant all of my plants into 3 gallon squat pots with light fluffy potting soil to help battle the cold weather they will go through in early march with barely any roots. Put all the three gallon pots into 3 raised beds at each property... Im going to build these hoop houses first and cover them with 6 mil cheap see through plastic from friedmas or home depot.. I will also run 100 ft of the electrical cords with a light socket every 10 feet and have fluorescent bulbs plugged in all the way down to keep them from flowering... Considering running a couple heaters if we are gonna get some super cold nights but I don't think ill need it if I have the whole hoop house completely covered... Have the lights on timers coming on at 1 am and going off after the sun comes up to keep them from flowering..
April first the plants will have had a month to grow in the greenhouses and should be pretty nice bushy plants.. If they had a slow start because of the cold then I will give them another week or so until they are about two feet tall with a bunch of tops. "i will top them once at about two weeks old". Early in the month of april I will plant 120 plants in the 95 foot long beds and about 100 plants in the 75 foot long beds at the other property. Im planning on doing 3 plants wide by about 35 plants all the way down the 7.5 foot beds.. (ill know more when i see how big the plants actually got..).. Once I plant these plants they are going to flower.. So early april until about June 1st is the flowering time...
Get all of my clones for the second round may 20th... I won't have anywhere to put them all so I need to figure out somewhere to put them without the light getting anywhere near the hoop houses.. May 20th is supposedly the safe day to put clones out but It would majorily suck to have 1500 clones go into shock and flower on me... I will probably put them in two carports into 4 inch pots just to give them two weeks to adjust to the light before I harvest everything and put them into the raised beds... So transplant all the 4 inch pots into the beds june 5th right after we harvest- we will have 5 days during the drying period to prep all the beds and transplant... This way we can get everything planted and focus on trimming and curing... Veg for 3 or 4 weeks and make sure to fill the whole space up.. This is our most important run... About 4 weeks later the beds should be packed with super big healthy mid summer plants that are ready to boost.... Flip them July 5th... 2 months to harvest--- right after we harvest august 5th I will have the next set of clones in the 3 gallon pots from the first round ready to plop in... These plants will go in august 5th and I hope the grow naturally with the sun for 2 weeks or so and become well established before they start to flower and finish with the natural light...

PS --- sorry about the confusing middle part with the 4 inch pots and where to put the plants-- unfortunately i still need to figure this out
kinda lost me there,,are your beds ready,and the weather is keeping you from planting,,just saying if thats so ,and you need to get them in bed,,run a tunnel vent for heat into them bitches,,i bet a 4in drain pipe ,like you use for septic system,,lay it on the ground and just put extra plastic over them girls and let um ride bro,,if you can pump in heat,,you should be good to go

MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

kinda lost me there,,are your beds ready,and the weather is keeping you from planting,,just saying if thats so ,and you need to get them in bed,,run a tunnel vent for heat into them bitches,,i bet a 4in drain pipe ,like you use for septic system,,lay it on the ground and just put extra plastic over them girls and let um ride bro,,if you can pump in heat,,you should be good to go
It's mostly a timing thing for me and what kind of weather I'm hoping to get when the plants are flowering. I'm hoping that mid April it starts to warm up and the last 6 weeks of flowering until June first are sunny and nice and I get a good product. I could put them out earlier but I risk battling cold weather and possible storms.
Also my beds aren't done. I don't have the clones or my black out tarps. And we still have tons of work to get done :)

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
It's mostly a timing thing for me and what kind of weather I'm hoping to get when the plants are flowering. I'm hoping that mid April it starts to warm up and the last 6 weeks of flowering until June first are sunny and nice and I get a good product. I could put them out earlier but I risk battling cold weather and possible storms.
Also my beds aren't done. I don't have the clones or my black out tarps. And we still have tons of work to get done :)
Everything usually goes in the ground April 1 here... looks great.. hope you have a good year.

Top Bottom