Hoop House Killa 2017.

• Thread starter MendoGiantZ
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jaybodankly

jaybodankly

I make tension straps for the plastic to keep it from billowing. Cut off on both sides of valve of a bicycle inner tube. Tie a rope to each end of the bike tube. Toss it over the hoophouse and tie each end to the ground. The rubber tube lets it expand and contract yet keeps it tight to the frame. One every 8' will keep the plastic snug and in good shape.
Over heating can be a bigger problem than cooling in the winter. A 60 degree day outside can be 90 in a sealed greenhouse. Dont be to quick to put them outside if the temps havent settled. A hard cold night can set you back more than you would gain from going early.

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

Anyone grown tangie outdoors or in dep before??? After building these beds I think I'm gonna need more plants to fill the whole space. My good buddy has a bunch of Tangie trays I can have but I'm not sure how it will produce.
Yeah it's great but there are a couple different cuts running around as tangie, ime yields are moderate but quality is stellar.

MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

I've ran Tangie both indoor and Dep, I'd never run it inside again! Obviously the yield was much better in the Dep, if it was me I'd choose something else just my opinion. Happy Growing
Thx so much. I will try and run thx bomb instead if I can get enough

MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

Went up to my old partners house and cut 150 thc bombs. He has 200 tangie he has already cut but I'm not sure if I want to use them.
IMG 2475
IMG 2474

MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

@Blaze @Bulldog420 @Seamaiden
What do u guys think the least bright light I could use to keep my plants in veg. I have the extension cords with a socket every ten feet and last year I used 75 watt bright white florescents and it was crazy how bright they were. Would 25 watt flourescents be okay with a more mellow yellow tint ??? What do u guys think. Other option would be greatly appreciated if you can't think of a less intrusive way to keep the neighbors happy

below frigid

below frigid

What do u guys think the least bright light I could use to keep my plants in veg. I have the extension cords with a socket every ten feet and last year I used 75 watt bright white florescents and it was crazy how bright they were. Would 25 watt flourescents be okay with a more mellow yellow tint ??? What do u guys think. Other option would be greatly appreciated if you can't think of a less intrusive way to keep the neighbors happy

I used these, https://www.amazon.com/High-Output-Solar-Spot-Light/dp/B007XG8HGI no brainer come at dusk and off at daylight. Switch to turn them off when you want to flower.

GrowingGreen

GrowingGreen

I used those same cords but used those LED 60 watts they worked for me! Not to bright but good enough to keep from flowering ! Just info

Blaze

Blaze

The lowest I have ever gone was using two 4' long T12 40 watt bulbs for a 10 x 12 area. Using something with a hood like a T12 fixture also helps keep the light downcast compared to just bare bulbs which can help with light pollution.

Homesteader

Homesteader

Here is an interesting look at color and its effect on plants i case you want to try to target the spectrum. I'm currently working/learning on the ins and outs of reflow soldering Osram SSL Oslon 80's on the cheap using 7 emitter MR16's and a Presto pancake griddle. The link I copied this from is no longer up. What the fuck is this guy talking about anyways? Thats not what or who I ask at all?:)

• 439 nm is the blue absorption peak of chlorophyll a.

• 450-460 nm is the royal blue that is absorbed by one of the peaks in beta-carotene. It is a readily available LED wavelength commonly used to excite the remote-phosphor in white LED lamps.

• 469 nm is the blue absorption peak of chlorophyll b.

• 430-470 nm is a range that is important for the absorption of chlorophyll a and b, which is key for vegetative growth.

• 480-485 nm is the second absorption peak of beta-carotene.

• 525 nm (green light) is a phototropic activator that researchers are still trying to find the chromophore of. Green light isn’t important for photosynthesis, but it is apparent that plants are gaining direction and environmental signals from it, and that it affects internodal spacing. This is also the wavelength of GaN or InGaN green LEDs commonly used in RGB and tunable applications.

• 590 nm is key for carotenoid absorption. Carotenoids are starch-storing, structural and nutritional compounds.

• 590 nm is additionally the phycoerythrin absorption wavelength. Phycoerythrin is a red protein-pigment complex from the light-harvesting phycobiliprotein family, present in red algae and cryptophytes, and is an accessory pigment to the main chlorophyll pigments responsible for photosynthesis.

• 625 nm is the phycocyanin absorption peak. Phycocyanin is a pigment-protein complex from the light-harvesting phycobiliprotein family, along with allophycocyanin and phycoerythrin. It is also an accessory pigment to chlorophyll.

• 642-645 nm is the peak absorption point of chlorophyll b.

• 660 nm is often called the super-red LED wavelength and is important for flowering.

• 666-667 nm is the peak red absorption point for chlorophyll a.

• 700 nm light is to be avoided. It confuses the phytochrome recycling systems in green plants. Phytochromes are photoreceptors that are sensitive to light in the red and far-red region of the visible spectrum.

• 730 nm, often referred to as far-red, is important for phytochrome recycling. It is needed for all kinds of morphogenic (shape-forming) processes. A few minutes of 730 nm light treatment after the full light cycle is over will revert the phytochrome chromophore from activated to inactive. This resets the chemistry for another lights-on cycle and may be useful in shortening the classic dark side of the photoperiod. This color is important to plants but is not considered in PPF as it is outside of the 400-700nm PPF range.

Bulldog420

Bulldog420

Premium Member
Supporter

I have yet to try it, but I have heard from so many others that it works so I might give it a try this year.

Turn on your lights for 15 minutes in the middle of the night. Nobody really notices in the middle of the night.

To answer your question, I use 1 100ft cord with sockets every 10 ft to light up my 50 greenhouse NO PROBLEM. I would think 1 cord for 100 ft of greenhouse with 9w leds would kill it. If you stick with the curly cue lights, 20 watts I think would do just fine. It doesn't take much.

Somebody mentioned having the tarp pulled when the lights come on. I like that. If I decide to do the middle of the night 15 minute light, the tarp would be pulled. Another option is to take tin foil and wrap the upper part of your enclosure around your light, creating a hood that blocks sideways light. Just don't let the tin foil hit the socket, I will melt things down. Be safe.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I tried the corded route, ended up sticking a bunch of solar landscaping lights in the GH. They're not timed or anything like that, so not much control in that regard. But they'll stay on a few hours and I found they'd keep the clones in veg.

Driving to Lake Elsinore/Perris this weekend, TONS of very obviously cannabis greenhouses, because they were ALL lit the fuck UP. Don't know how much one really wants to draw attention in that way, ya know?

MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

We were checking out are options and I think we decided to cover the entire thing with the 12 ml blackout tarp during the night when we have the lights come on... Its gonna keep it much warmer inside the greenhouse which will help promote growth as well as keep all the light hidden from the neighbors.. Its a little more work but I think the plants will like the extra warmth at night and the neighbors will be happy..

GrowingGreen

GrowingGreen

I tried the corded route, ended up sticking a bunch of solar landscaping lights in the GH. They're not timed or anything like that, so not much control in that regard. But they'll stay on a few hours and I found they'd keep the clones in veg.

Driving to Lake Elsinore/Perris this weekend, TONS of very obviously cannabis greenhouses, because they were ALL lit the fuck UP. Don't know how much one really wants to draw attention in that way, ya know?
a few years back those guys were just growing plants you could clearly see them from the raod ! I believe the county has came down on them ! Last year there fencing was bearly 5ft ! The grows off the highway are greenhouses now

MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

I like your brick wall barrrier @GrowingGreen. It's also nice cause it's set down into the hillside a little bit. At one property the road is up higher then our garden and you can look down into it which makes it even harder to block the views in. Hopefully the thousands of dollars I spent on bamboo plants is finally paying off. They are starting to completely fill in and create a "green" wall

Top Bottom