Hoop House Killa 2017.

• Thread starter MendoGiantZ
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

It's mostly a timing thing for me and what kind of weather I'm hoping to get when the plants are flowering. I'm hoping that mid April it starts to warm up and the last 6 weeks of flowering until June first are sunny and nice and I get a good product. I could put them out earlier but I risk battling cold weather and possible storms.
Also my beds aren't done. I don't have the clones or my black out tarps. And we still have tons of work to get done :)
just a word of caution from a old timer,,you can start them inside,but dont plant outside until easter,,shit you not i have lost more gardens planting before easter,,plant it,i promise it will frezze one last time,does for me anyway,,sounds like a good gig you got going,,im keep my bird eye on ya,,see told ya my homies @Growing green refered ya and im impressed thus far,lol

Bulldog420

Bulldog420

Premium Member
Supporter
Awesome plan, thanks for sharing. Sounds a lot like I want to do.

Last year I started my seeds feb 1st, and had issues with frost. I like the March 1st pick up clones approach. What are you paying for clones? DHN now drops off orders in Calavaras, Blue Mountain Collective, and they allow unlimited plants. So stoked on this. I think I might say F my seeds and grow a ton of Sherbet. Or maybe Sky walker og. Dream Queen I believe is green crack, might try those out as well. You seem to like that strain? I don't believe I have ever seen a finished nug of Green Crack.

MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

I really liked the sherbet.. For full term outdoor it seems like seeds work awesome.. Light dep for me is more like indoor where i want everything to be uniform and be the same height and finish at the same time.. Thats why I'm gonna do clones... @oldskol4evr i will keep a close eye on the weather.. Where I'm located it doesn't freeze that much... If it does look like its gonna be super cold for a night or two i will run some extension cords out to the green houses and throw a heater in each one during the night to raise the tempature by a couple degrees. I will probably put 2 heaters - one in each side. Without insulation and the plastic not being sealed very good it won't work that well but hopefully it will raise the temp by 5 or 10 degrees...
Black plastic on the soil is an interesting thought.. It won't work because the plants will be in three gallon pots until april first.. After april I'm not very worried about getting a late frost..
@Homesteader i like the design and everything but I'm not in the position to put in 14 cement slabs and installing electrical panels and the whole nine yards that is required for the more high tech green houses.. Lots of great greenhouse designs out there but you have to be realistic in what you want to spend-- they add up super quick!

Homesteader

Homesteader

I'm burying the pressure treated posts every four feet at the strut. (PM me if you want the blueprint plans) No slab. Sunken earth floor two feet with hoophouse covering raised center bed for winter (I'm in Maine).
No way around electrical tho but it always helps to have an electrician in the family.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

I really liked the sherbet.. For full term outdoor it seems like seeds work awesome.. Light dep for me is more like indoor where i want everything to be uniform and be the same height and finish at the same time.. Thats why I'm gonna do clones... @oldskol4evr i will keep a close eye on the weather.. Where I'm located it doesn't freeze that much... If it does look like its gonna be super cold for a night or two i will run some extension cords out to the green houses and throw a heater in each one during the night to raise the tempature by a couple degrees. I will probably put 2 heaters - one in each side. Without insulation and the plastic not being sealed very good it won't work that well but hopefully it will raise the temp by 5 or 10 degrees...
Black plastic on the soil is an interesting thought.. It won't work because the plants will be in three gallon pots until april first.. After april I'm not very worried about getting a late frost..
@Homesteader i like the design and everything but I'm not in the position to put in 14 cement slabs and installing electrical panels and the whole nine yards that is required for the more high tech green houses.. Lots of great greenhouse designs out there but you have to be realistic in what you want to spend-- they add up super quick!
thing about putting heaters in ,,the plastic roof will form condisation,,so if you put them in ,be sure and put something a couple foot over the top so water dont drip on them,if you dig,,i got a aluminum camper top on my old pickup,,use for fishing and camping,,learned real quick wasnt such great idea,,woke up 50 degrees,wind about 20 mph blowing off lake and thought i pissed myself ,but woke enough to realize couldnt piss all over myself,lmao,,no shit man,,mama slept in the cab of truck and freaked when i woke up wet,cussing nine kinds of hell,lol,,so i took 30ml plastic and zip tied to the top of camper ,no more problem,,this is the single reason i said drain pipe ,lol,,send the heat from a drier or something,lmao

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
thing about putting heaters in ,,the plastic roof will form condisation,,so if you put them in ,be sure and put something a couple foot over the top so water dont drip on them,if you dig
This is a real problem in fishrooms and it's made worse because very often, too often, you end up getting a nice jolt. For me, the fix is two layers of visqueen in the fishroom, so as to prevent condensation in the first place.

I'm suddenly reminded of working in one very large fishroom, and every morning during winter there would be literally hundreds of gallons of water condensed overhead on the visqueen. So I filled up a fish bag with water and threw it UP into the visqueen and made it rain on everyone. MAN were they pissed! I was laughing my ass off. D'oh!

MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

So the condensation on the greenhouses was an issue. Thats why after the first two or three weeks of veg and I don't have to worry about getting a late frost I will remove the cheap plastic from friedmans and let the natural air flow do its thing.

MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

Anyone grown tangie outdoors or in dep before??? After building these beds I think I'm gonna need more plants to fill the whole space. My good buddy has a bunch of Tangie trays I can have but I'm not sure how it will produce.

Top Bottom