Hoop House Killa 2017.

• Thread starter MendoGiantZ
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
The Terps

The Terps

When I did green house I did a wood support frame and used a hole saw on the top of the support board. The point where the pvc is at its tallest I use the hole saw so a 1/4" piece of pvc sticks up but can't be moved at all still. Makes the frame more sturdy does well when there is a support leg every 12ft and makes hanging light fans dehumidifier way easier. Also keeps the pvc from jiggling around. So my pvc was basically only a guide for the tarp and I had a decent load bearing structure.

MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

We had a couple casualties. Nothing major but the Rockwell cubes got really dry and about 30 plants got really wilted and had crispy leaves. I figured a heavy watering would be fine for about a week. I went back after a couple days and noticed that the top layer of Pro mix had gotten dry from the hot sun. It was literally sucking the water out of the Rockwell cube and even though the whole bottom half of the soil was wet there weren't any roots to get down to it so the plants were stressed. I watered them in on the surface and am gonna have to give them a little water every other day.

MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

We have been hard at work... We got another couple hundred DOCS OG from my buddy in lake county.. We had some issues when we transplanted the green crack teens the first day... We put the rockwell cube into the three gallon pots and basically the dry top soil sucked all the moisture out of the very root bound little cube.. We transplanted for about 5 hours before I came back around and watered... We did a good amount of damage to a couple hundred (they will bounce back) and we probably killed about 30 or so.. We also lost some of the small THC bombs that didn't have any roots. So overall we lost about 45 plants or so..... I replaced all the super struggling ones with the new OG clones from my buddy and replaced all the dead ones as well... We still have plenty of plants for all the beds and everything is coming around nicely.. We got the water system hooked up as well so we can fertilize and are starting to work on the other garden... Off to work we go :)
I will post pictures later today of everything

Bulldog420

Bulldog420

Premium Member
Supporter
@iforgotmybad living proof banning people has zero effect in the long run. If I get my own forum, I am putting up a thread you can go off in. It's kind of like torture, all Iforgotmybad wants is love.

65345797.jpg

MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

Didn't bulldog meat u at the emerald cup and u we're just a sissy old man who wouldn't say anything to him in person. #trolllife

Bulldog420

Bulldog420

Premium Member
Supporter
Yea, cause if he spewed half the stuff he says online to me in person........ well........ you know the rest.

Blaze

Blaze

I always enjoy reading Mendo's threads but the last few pages were a good reminder on why I almost never post here anymore...

Even if a thread does have good info in it, and even if the person who started the thread has a great grow going, it always gets trolled and side tracked by a handful of mentally unstable infantile narcissists....

cannabeans

cannabeans

What's really unfortunate is that he or she ( iforgotmybad) hardly makes any kind of sense...

Blaze

Blaze

Hey Mendo did you have much luck using tea thru your irrigation system? I had always avoided it in the past because tea tends to be thick and chunky and clog things up and the diaphragm pumps supposedly chew up the living organisms.

I'd hate to cut aerated compost tea from our regiment but it is just too time consuming to hand apply it on a larger scale. I just spent 4 hours soil drenching my greenhouse - that is just not gonna cut it this year. I've got way to much on my plate to be wasting hours on something that could probably be automated.

MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

We really wanted to use the compost teas last year but after three weeks of doing it we realized it was way to time consuming... What we found out works is using it in veg when the plants are small and only take small amounts of water.. I have seen some pretty expensive tea set ups that look awesome... This year we are going minimalist style and using almost no bottled nutrients and just keeping things simple... The blackout tarps price i quoted you the other day was actually wrong.. Its only 43 cents per square foot....
Gonna go get a 2000 pound tote of the Green Gro flowering top dressing fertilizer and put some around each plant in the bed.. Thats gonna be our main fertilizer along with some seaweed and liquid fish which are both pretty cheap..

Blaze

Blaze

Mods are working over time on here LoL! Sounds like you ran into the same problem we did with tea - time constraints. The name of the game is definitely to do things cheap and efficiently these days. No wasted time, no wasted resources. There are a lot of newer products that *supposedly* are like bottled tea but just based on what I know about ACT I remain very skeptical. They also tend to be very expensive and one of the reasons I liked making my own ACT is that it was inexpensive. I wouldn't mind setting up a secondary irrigation system for tea but I don't want to go to all that hassle unless I know for sure it will actually work well.

Top Bottom